Law should guarantee neutral military: expert

geovalin

Outspoken legal expert Sok Sam Oeun has called for the military to distance itself from politics – a separation he says should be enshrined in law.

In a Facebook post on Friday, Sam Oeun wrote that for a “strong democracy” the armed forces should be banned from joining a political party.

“When the law allows the military to be members of political parties as well, it means the military takes part in politics, so the military won’t be neutral,” he wrote.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/law-should-guarantee-neutral-military-expert

Yes very true!!!

if the military take part in the politic and government beside a ministry for the defence of the country means the military will still rule the country and that would be far from a move into democracy!

No need to be in politics anymore anyway lol.

There is going to be a new super board. All 12 state enterprises will be under the superboard control. Including ministry of education, thai airways, electric company and several others. This wonderful superboard will be independent of government scrutiny and interference, so as to prevent continued corruption by those nasty governments.

I am not sure but I think Prayut has appointed himself as head of this superboard.

We can rest assured, with the 250 member appointed senate and the superboard of state enterprises the army has made sure thailand is in good strong arms of happiness.

In most Democracy or Republic nation this would be true of a military following the orders of the PM or President but in Thailand with their dictator type of government controlling laws this country needs a coup every now and then o keep things a bit more livable.

There is going to be a new super board. All 12 state enterprises will be under the superboard control. Including ministry of education, thai airways, electric company and several others. This wonderful superboard will be independent of government scrutiny and interference, so as to prevent continued corruption by those nasty governments.

I am not sure but I think Prayut has appointed himself as head of this superboard.

We can rest assured, with the 250 member appointed senate and the superboard of state enterprises the army has made sure thailand is in good strong arms of happiness.

Interesting rant but what has it to do with Cambodia?

Edited by Stray

This is about Cambodia

Time for a little reorientation camp for sok sam thumbsup.gif

You perhaps don't realise he is a Cambodian talking about the Cambodian Army? Ironically there is greater freedom of speech and stronger democracy in that much maligned country than in some of its neighbours! ( I am of course referring to Laos)

Didnt we have a small problem about that,when Oliver Cromwell walked into Parliament with a battalion of soldiers and cleared The house? and became sole leader? I know it was way back in the 17th century,but,isn't that why that no police or any of the armed forces are allowed to enter parliament unless invited? Can you imagine them waiting to be invited here.?

Didnt we have a small problem about that,when Oliver Cromwell walked into Parliament with a battalion of soldiers and cleared The house? and became sole leader? I know it was way back in the 17th century,but,isn't that why that no police or any of the armed forces are allowed to enter parliament unless invited? Can you imagine them waiting to be invited here.?

Oliver Cromwell was a religious fanatic who instigated a civil war, perpetrated massacres against the Irish, executed the King and became a dictator and despot. Not a great model for any other country to follow, despite his being called the father of British parliamentary democracy. In the 21st century there should be less extreme models to follow. Possibly the closest contemporary match is the Ayatolla Khomenie in Iran, or possibly Pol Pot.