What time best to queue up Chiang Mai airport IM

Thought that applied to the Promenada office.

But if indeed that early, what a stupid system!

One should be able to make some sort of appointment don't you think.

The online system wasn't all that great too, but lots better than queueing up.

Upside marketing system. When I have more customers, I am not going to raise my production.

• Like 1

My wife went there at 4:30am about two weeks ago. She was not the first in line, but she was first in line for the marriage extension. We got seen by the Immigration officer about 9:15am and were done and out the door by 10:30am.

Hope that helps.

John

• Like 1

For my last marriage extension (March), despite what all the doomsayers here say, I showed up at 7am. I just missed out on being finished before lunch (awaiting receipt) but was out of there by 1.15 pm. No problems.

Yes, CM Immigration is atrocious and a disgrace to the Kingdom, but I have never gone there earlier than 7 and in 10 years have never missed out on being finished within the day.

This morning got up at 05:30, arrived at IM like 06:15. Queue numbers were issued after half an hour. Though there were quite some people, it seemed applicants for spouse extension were only few.

9:45 it was my (our) turn and all-in got out at 11:15.

Well, my question answered, think also 07:00 is a good idea. May have bad luck on occasional busy day.

Cheers.

Been there yesterday at 6:00 and about 20 people in front of me for the marriage queue. Numbers were given out 6:45. Been the second to be processed after the lunch break ~13:30. Out at 15:00.

If you come after 6:45 you will not get a number for the day, realistically I think 6:30 is the latest to have a chance for that on a quiet day. They only give out 30 numbers per visa category each day.

Been there yesterday at 6:00 and about 20 people in front of me for the marriage queue. Numbers were given out 6:45. Been the second to be processed after the lunch break ~13:30. Out at 15:00.

If you come after 6:45 you will not get a number for the day, realistically I think 6:30 is the latest to have a chance for that on a quiet day. They only give out 30 numbers per visa category each day.

This is exactly my experience, however at PROMENADA immi

Employ an agent and time becomes irrelevant.

What's the problem with standing up a bit early and have breakfast afterwards? You still have to come in person with or without agent. Pretty much pointless, just costly. If you want to sponsor the local economy, get a Thai Elite visa, simple as that :)

It all depends on the type of visa how early you need to go. Its one of those things you need to learn by experience. The Promenada is quite efficient and better organised. Can be done in one and a half hours there. I arrived there one day at 11:00 and was finished just after lunch.

It all depends on the type of visa how early you need to go. Its one of those things you need to learn by experience. The Promenada is quite efficient and better organised. Can be done in one and a half hours there. I arrived there one day at 11:00 and was finished just after lunch.

Which types of "Visas" are issued ? Are you sure that "visas" can be obtained in CM by queuing in the early morning? If so please list the "Visas" offered starting with Tourist visas. Can SETV's be obtained or only METV's ?