Debate rages as girl needs 100 stitches after savage dog attack in Bangkok estate

webfact

14 hours ago, TheBrain said:

All that problems with stray dogs are created by animal activists. They lobbying laws to prosecute killing stray dogs even in human way. As soon as any country passes this law, stray dogs population starts skyrocketing. After they charge for money for shelters and vets. I blame animal activists for dog bitten my wife. WE NEED A RIGHT TO CARRY GUNS AND SHOOT STRAY DOGS LEGALLY! that way stray dogs problem can be solved in few months without any dollar from nanny state and charity organisation.

Like all gun related problems it has not been solved in the US where any kind of demented nutter can wander round armed to the teeth and shoot who and what they like at the drop of a cowboy hat.............but there are still very high numbers of dog attacks. In fact I would bet your bottom dollar that the majority of dogs that attack people in the US are owned by the usual gun nuts with extensive home arsenals.

"We need all these cannons for self defence all the second amendment  nutters proclaim" Q. How many people shot back during the last mass shooting when hundreds were killed and injured? A. None!

So how is it although they are armed to the teeth, they cannot control their own dogs?

Funnily enough, although Thailand has a very high ratio of gun ownership nobody totters round shooting dogs. So the problem must be with you!

Also you seem to completely miss the fact that the new semi-effective animal protection laws have only been in effect for a very short time, but stray dogs have always been a problem. There is no correlation between dog attacks and the new laws.

In fact the new laws help to deter people from keeping dogs but taking no responsibility for them; and so actively contribute to reducing the dog population.

The problem is the government, but I guarantee if you ask your girlfriend who was bitten to go and complain to the army about the lazy government who do not have a proper policy for collecting stray dogs, the answer will be ........................a big fat zero response.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MiKT said:

Like all gun related problems it has not been solved in the US where any kind of demented nutter can wander round armed to the teeth and shoot who and what they like at the drop of a cowboy hat.............but there are still very high numbers of dog attacks. In fact I would bet your bottom dollar that the majority of dogs that attack people in the US are owned by the usual gun nuts with extensive home arsenals.

"We need all these cannons for self defence all the second amendment  nutters proclaim" Q. How many people shot back during the last mass shooting when hundreds were killed and injured? A. None!

So how is it although they are armed to the teeth, they cannot control their own dogs?

Funnily enough, although Thailand has a very high ratio of gun ownership nobody totters round shooting dogs. So the problem must be with you!

Also you seem to completely miss the fact that the new semi-effective animal protection laws have only been in effect for a very short time, but stray dogs have always been a problem. There is no correlation between dog attacks and the new laws.

In fact the new laws help to deter people from keeping dogs but taking no responsibility for them; and so actively contribute to reducing the dog population.

The problem is the government, but I guarantee if you ask your girlfriend who was bitten to go and complain to the army about the lazy government who do not have a proper policy for collecting stray dogs, the answer will be ........................a big fat zero response.

I agree with your point about US there most dog attacks were by made dogs who have owners, but most victims were people who had no guns. If you carry gun in US and know how to use it, you can protect yourself against any dog attack. Thailand is a different situation, here most attacks are done by stray dogs and their's population is out of control.

Yes Thailand had stray dog problem before, but since animal cruelty law has been illegally passed by military junta stray dog problem become much worse. I've been to city council many times complaining about stray dogs and they told me that before that law they could solve stray dog problem in local area, but now they cannot do anything.

Thai citizens have guns here, but according to law they cannot carry guns, but only have them in home. You cannot carry here even knife legally. Farangs have no rights at all, seconds class citizens somewhere behind stray dogs.

Many Thai people have mindset i do not understand. Dog can bite a girl and continue living near girl condo and bite her again and no one do anything about it. People see motorcycle lethal accident with broken head and continue driving without helmets.

TheBrain... Will you for once get a brain & use it wisely. Throw a little humanity & compassion in there too or did you have such a deprived childhood?

Its not the dogs fault for being out on the street. Vent your hatred towards the irresponsible owners who do not neuter or spade their pets (which btw, works 99.999% of the time, quite contrary to your pittiful brainless belief that it doesn’t). 

Lets chemically cut your nuts off & prove it.

God forbid you should spawn again!

7 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

TheBrain... Will you for once get a brain & use it wisely. Throw a little humanity & compassion in there too or did you have such a deprived childhood?

Its not the dogs fault for being out on the street. Vent your hatred towards the irresponsible owners who do not neuter or spade their pets (which btw, works 99.999% of the time, quite contrary to your pittiful brainless belief that it doesn’t). 

Lets chemically cut your nuts off & prove it.

God forbid you should spawn again!

Sure it is not only dogs faults. Today near my home i counted around 5 people come and they bring food for pack of stray dogs. Some walk with basket, he was local others come by motorbikes and cars. This is complete irresponsibility feeding stray dogs, these people should be fined for ten thousand baht for dumping garbage in illegal places and spreading diseases. They come every day and do the same. If there are some layers here or people who know thai law, are any legal options for prosecute them if i take video or photo?

18 hours ago, TheBrain said:

Sure it is not only dogs faults. Today near my home i counted around 5 people come and they bring food for pack of stray dogs. Some walk with basket, he was local others come by motorbikes and cars. This is complete irresponsibility feeding stray dogs, these people should be fined for ten thousand baht for dumping garbage in illegal places and spreading diseases. They come every day and do the same. If there are some layers here or people who know thai law, are any legal options for prosecute them if i take video or photo?

are any legal options for prosecute them if i take video or photo?555555................................5

I forgot to add before, since your girlfriend was the one that was bitten, why don't you give her a gun (easy to get) and tell her she is the one to go and shoot the neighborhood stray dogs. See how long you have a Thai girlfriend for.

Also, Thailand is not the only country where its illegal to carry a knife. In the UK you cannot carry a penknife with a blade more than 21/2" or 3" and all lock-knives are banned.

Sorry poor Brain, you are just in the wrong country. Go home and shoot something or somebody, you will surely feel much better.

Edited by MiKT

23 minutes ago, MiKT said:

are any legal options for prosecute them if i take video or photo?555555................................5

I forgot to add before, since your girlfriend was the one that was bitten, why don't you give her a gun (easy to get) and tell her she is the one to go and shoot the neighborhood stray dogs. See how long you have a Thai girlfriend for.

Also, Thailand is not the only country where its illegal to carry a knife. In the UK you cannot carry a penknife with a blade more than 21/2" or 3" and all lock-knives are banned.

Sorry poor Brain, you are just in the wrong country. Go home and shoot something or somebody, you will surely feel much better.

I just carried a small gas pistol in Thailand, no problem and police said it was ok too.  :)

I used some pepper spray a while back and that took care of a few angry dogs. Thais didn't do anything either, just mai pen rai as usual.

1 hour ago, mitsubishi said:

I just carried a small gas pistol in Thailand, no problem and police said it was ok too.  :)

I used some pepper spray a while back and that took care of a few angry dogs. Thais didn't do anything either, just mai pen rai as usual.

yet another Walter Hero,

Its now illegal (or soon will be) for farangs to carry any guns. But this was legal situation on air powered guns. NOTE ESPECIALLY the last condition:

Paintball guns, BB guns, and airsoft guns are not considered firearms, so it is legal to possess them without having a permit or registering them. However the owner must comply with the following conditions:

• The gun has not been modified to use CO2.
  • Only plastic bullets are used.
  • When carrying the gun outside of the owner's property, it must be packed in a safe case or box. It is not allowed to be carried in shirt or trouser pockets, nor can it be left out in the open.
  • The gun can not be used to commit a crime or torture animals.

The gun is considered illegal if any of these rules are broken.

I have known an English gentleman in Samui, (his wife had a bar in Lamai boxing area) who died last year from an infection caused by a dog bite,  I knew him well for his wife and my wife are from the same village. It was difficult for me to realise someone I knew died from generalised infection for "only" being bitten in the leg by a dog.

So yes we have to know those dogs "could" be dangerous not only boring.

4 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I have known an English gentleman in Samui, (his wife had a bar in Lamai boxing area) who died last year from an infection caused by a dog bite,  I knew him well for his wife and my wife are from the same village. It was difficult for me to realise someone I knew died from generalised infection for "only" being bitten in the leg by a dog.

So yes we have to know those dogs "could" be dangerous not only boring.

You can die from an infection from picking your nose; but nobody should die if they bother to take minimum precautions to clean and disinfect a wound, especially in the tropics where wounds can fester very quickly.

Too many locals don't bother even to get snake bites treated properly and so die.

It is axiomatic that if you are bitten or scratched by an animal you don't know its heath history that you should get a couple of rabies jabs - even if you have been inoculated. Which everybody should be.

Just common sense

7 hours ago, MiKT said:

In UK you actually do not need a gun and knife. For many years i was living in UK i did not see even one stray dog. Every dog owner is very polite cause they know if dog bite someone he or she go to jail for up to 6 years. If dog go  out of control even without biting anyone owner can be jailed for up to 6 months. In UK dog laws are very strickt, it is almost impossible to find a flat where you can have a pet even small cat. The only viable option to have dog there is first buy your own house with fence and handle dog there. Even small discomfort from dog to neighbors and people go complain to city council. In London very very difficult to find flat to allow dogs. Rent house to allow dogs almost impossible.

If dog bite someone in UK and owner just stay near and smile without trying to stop the dog, the owner pay fine 20 000 pounds. Every dog has a chip, letting dog go roam street alone almost impossible, dog will be tracked and owner will be fined.

In UK they do kill dogs, dogs collected by animal control stay some time until someone adopt them, if no one adopt they put dog down.

If Thailand had same dog laws as UK i would not complain about it.

Edited by TheBrain

1 hour ago, MiKT said:

You can die from an infection from picking your nose; but nobody should die if they bother to take minimum precautions to clean and disinfect a wound, especially in the tropics where wounds can fester very quickly.

Too many locals don't bother even to get snake bites treated properly and so die.

It is axiomatic that if you are bitten or scratched by an animal you don't know its heath history that you should get a couple of rabies jabs - even if you have been inoculated. Which everybody should be.

Just common sense

Common sense is to remove dogs without owners from streets before they bite and enforce dog owners to walk with their's dog using leash. For big dogs owners also should be enforced to put on dog a muzzle.

If I was a thai parliament member i would pass a law similar to UK, Netherlands or Switzerland about dogs.

1. Owner take responsibility for actions of his dog, if dog bites and injure people owner go to jail up to 6 years. If dog kills someone owner go to jail up to 14 years. If dog attack someone but owner did not tried to stop the dog he pay 200 000 baht fine. 

2. Every dog should be registered and chipped. Fine for refusing chipping dog 10 000 baht.  Dog collected on street by animal control without chip go to animal control dog house and stay there one week. If no one claimed this dog or adopt this dog, then dog shall be put down.

3. If owner abandon his dog and put it on street - fine 100 000 baht. 

4. Letting dog go free range roam street without owner 20 000 baht.

5. Going with dog outside of property with owner but without leash - 5000 baht.

6 Feeding stray dogs 30 000 baht fine.

7. List of banned dogs types should be created, i would add there pibulls, rothveilers, dogo argentino and more. These dogs should not be allowed to be imported to thailand and have puppies. Every dog from banned list should be sterilized. Always be kept inside property and property should have a warning sign about it. Banned dogs should be allowed to go outside of property on leash, muzzled and put on special control in local police department. Any violation of this point - 100 000 baht fine.

8. Dogs with weight more than 10 kilos should not be allowed to live in condos.

9. Dog tax should be introduced. Every owner of registered dog pay it same way as car or motorbike tax. Money from dog tax go to support animal control.

10. Any dog heavier than 10 kilos requires license. Owning dog heavier than 10 kilos without license - fine 10 000 baht.

I would also promote budget for animal control and let it check streets and collect every dogs on street without leash even if owner is not far. No leash than dog is collected. If owner want dog back than he pay fine according point 4.

I hope sooner or later we will see new dog law here.

Edited by TheBrain

12 hours ago, MiKT said:

Just common sense

Not only are you right but you are absolutely right :smile: for by the way in my comment the poor man did not die from rabies but from infection, because right after the bite he did not want to go to a hospital in spite of his Thai wife insisting to go right away, when he went at least the bone was infested too and it was too late in spite of antibiotics.

Right, infections in tropical zone are much more virulent, personally, if I have any open wound, in addition to the usual treatment cleaning and band-aid I put an antibiotic cream from the beginning just in case.

17 hours ago, TheBrain said:

Common sense is to remove dogs without owners from streets before they bite and enforce dog owners to walk with their's dog using leash. For big dogs owners also should be enforced to put on dog a muzzle.

If I was a thai parliament member i would pass a law similar to UK, Netherlands or Switzerland about dogs.

1. Owner take responsibility for actions of his dog, if dog bites and injure people owner go to jail up to 6 years. If dog kills someone owner go to jail up to 14 years. If dog attack someone but owner did not tried to stop the dog he pay 200 000 baht fine. 

2. Every dog should be registered and chipped. Fine for refusing chipping dog 10 000 baht.  Dog collected on street by animal control without chip go to animal control dog house and stay there one week. If no one claimed this dog or adopt this dog, then dog shall be put down.

3. If owner abandon his dog and put it on street - fine 100 000 baht. 

4. Letting dog go free range roam street without owner 20 000 baht.

5. Going with dog outside of property with owner but without leash - 5000 baht.

6 Feeding stray dogs 30 000 baht fine.

7. List of banned dogs types should be created, i would add there pibulls, rothveilers, dogo argentino and more. These dogs should not be allowed to be imported to thailand and have puppies. Every dog from banned list should be sterilized. Always be kept inside property and property should have a warning sign about it. Banned dogs should be allowed to go outside of property on leash, muzzled and put on special control in local police department. Any violation of this point - 100 000 baht fine.

8. Dogs with weight more than 10 kilos should not be allowed to live in condos.

9. Dog tax should be introduced. Every owner of registered dog pay it same way as car or motorbike tax. Money from dog tax go to support animal control.

10. Any dog heavier than 10 kilos requires license. Owning dog heavier than 10 kilos without license - fine 10 000 baht.

I would also promote budget for animal control and let it check streets and collect every dogs on street without leash even if owner is not far. No leash than dog is collected. If owner want dog back than he pay fine according point 4.

I hope sooner or later we will see new dog law here.

You say:

"If I was a thai parliament member i would pass a law similar to UK, Netherlands or Switzerland about dogs."

Well, fortunately you will never be, as I said before you are in the wrong country and just wasting space with wishful thinking.

Also nonsensical thinking, showing again how little you actually know about living here. There are comparatively few large imported dogs in Thailand and those that are  here 99.9% of the time are well looked after by their owners, if only because of the cost.

The dogs that do cause problems are usually the local bitsa's because people don't mind feeding them, but rarely take any responsibility for their behaviour.

However its true that sometimes people do abandon larger dogs, usually because the cute puppies outgrew their expectations (as in every country). Again this is where the institutions like Soi Dogs (and Battersea dogs home, etc.) come in to rescue them.

Certainly we need better laws and a government willing to take responsibility for rabies control as in every other country - including the US which cannot be classed as a nanny state. Only a failed/failing state at the moment, with yet another gun nut massacre yesterday.

If you were in the Thai parliament, you would be voting for diridribles and useless subs like the rest ..........or else.

Edited by MiKT

53 minutes ago, MiKT said:

You say:

"If I was a thai parliament member i would pass a law similar to UK, Netherlands or Switzerland about dogs."

Well, fortunately you will never be, as I said before you are in the wrong country and just wasting space with wishful thinking.

Also nonsensical thinking, showing again how little you actually know about living here. There are comparatively few large imported dogs in Thailand and those that are  here 99.9% of the time are well looked after by their owners, if only because of the cost.

The dogs that do cause problems are usually the local bitsa's because people don't mind feeding them, but rarely take any responsibility for their behaviour.

However its true that sometimes people do abandon larger dogs, usually because the cute puppies outgrew their expectations (as in every country). Again this is where the institutions like Soi Dogs (and Battersea dogs home, etc.) come in to rescue them.

Certainly we need better laws and a government willing to take responsibility for rabies control as in every other country - including the US which cannot be classed as a nanny state. Only a failed/failing state at the moment, with yet another gun nut massacre yesterday.

If you were in the Thai parliament, you would be voting for diridribles and useless subs like the rest ..........or else.

However, Netherlands reached zero stray dog population at the moment. That means if dog laws enforced properly it works. I think Thailand should look at Europe approach to that problem and implement something like that. In Netherlands chipping dogs is mandatory and fine for abandoning dog is around 650 000 baht. And no one can avoid it cause all dogs can be tracked. Considering the fact average salary in Netherlands is 3 times more than in Thailand the fine for abandoning dog here should be around 200 000 baht. If they introduce that law here and managed to enforce it, it will be possible to reach few hundreds stray dogs per country and only after that they can introduce no kill policy, cause handling small number of dogs in charity is not expensive. With current numbers of stray dogs no-kill policy is just absurd. 

Edited by TheBrain

33 minutes ago, TheBrain said:

However, Netherlands reached zero stray dog population at the moment. That means if dog laws enforced properly it works. I think Thailand should look at Europe approach to that problem and implement something like that. In Netherlands chipping dogs is mandatory and fine for abandoning dog is around 650 000 baht. And no one can avoid it cause all dogs can be tracked. Considering the fact average salary in Netherlands is 3 times more than in Thailand the fine for abandoning dog here should be around 200 000 baht. If they introduce that law here and managed to enforce it, it will be possible to reach few hundreds stray dogs per country and only after that they can introduce no kill policy, cause handling small number of dogs in charity is not expensive. With current numbers of stray dogs no-kill policy is just absurd. 

Your overall principles for animal control are right, but you have no idea about Thailand if you think these draconian measures are going to work here.

Totally different countries, totally different outlook of people, not to much jungle and snakes, etc. in the Netherlands. Keeping dogs outside can be very useful at times .........like the snake I caught outside the house five minutes ago because the dogs alerted me (surprised me I thought it was too cold). Remember, this is you complaining and your not Thai ( I am not even sure you actually live here).

If you think draconian fines etc. work, think about shooting people for drugs, did it work here? No. Will it work in the Philippines? No.

Think about how many people die from traffic accidents per year despite the laws; think about arming 15 million people in Bangkok with shotguns to shoot the 5 million stray dogs and then instead of beating the same old useless drum, do something useful and think of something that will actually work in Thailand. Ask your girlfriend for suggestions........... see yourself dying of old age before you get an answer and a workable solution; and then make the best of being here (if you are) by supporting those charities that are making a small but sure impact.

3 hours ago, MiKT said:

Your overall principles for animal control are right, but you have no idea about Thailand if you think these draconian measures are going to work here.

Totally different countries, totally different outlook of people, not to much jungle and snakes, etc. in the Netherlands. Keeping dogs outside can be very useful at times .........like the snake I caught outside the house five minutes ago because the dogs alerted me (surprised me I thought it was too cold). Remember, this is you complaining and your not Thai ( I am not even sure you actually live here).

If you think draconian fines etc. work, think about shooting people for drugs, did it work here? No. Will it work in the Philippines? No.

Think about how many people die from traffic accidents per year despite the laws; think about arming 15 million people in Bangkok with shotguns to shoot the 5 million stray dogs and then instead of beating the same old useless drum, do something useful and think of something that will actually work in Thailand. Ask your girlfriend for suggestions........... see yourself dying of old age before you get an answer and a workable solution; and then make the best of being here (if you are) by supporting those charities that are making a small but sure impact.

Wait, i never proposed shooting people for drugs, I am not a Duterte fan, lol. My idea is to implement best practices, proven approach what works in other places. Yes i know people  in Netherlands, UK and Thailand have different mindset, but in time of globalization thai society is westernizing and globalizing in all aspects of mentality. Europe and USA is just a perfect sample of universal values. Thai mentality about dogs will be rewritten with western approach, there is no other options, it is just matter of time. At the moment stray dog population is rising rapidly from year to year, because they have no animal control, no kill policy, they prosecute volunteers trying to reduce dogs numbers, not only bad guys who poison dogs at night but also organisations like soy dogs. They restrict soi dog foundation outside of phuket, even for this charity organisation it is not easy to sterilize dogs here. They have to tighten and enforce dog laws and shut some monks mouths about preaching to feed soy dogs, otherwise they will loose income from tourism industry and end up with millions of dogs in every place.

Edited by TheBrain

14 hours ago, TheBrain said:

Wait, i never proposed shooting people for drugs, I am not a Duterte fan, lol. My idea is to implement best practices, proven approach what works in other places. Yes i know people  in Netherlands, UK and Thailand have different mindset, but in time of globalization thai society is westernizing and globalizing in all aspects of mentality. Europe and USA is just a perfect sample of universal values. Thai mentality about dogs will be rewritten with western approach, there is no other options, it is just matter of time. At the moment stray dog population is rising rapidly from year to year, because they have no animal control, no kill policy, they prosecute volunteers trying to reduce dogs numbers, not only bad guys who poison dogs at night but also organisations like soy dogs. They restrict soi dog foundation outside of phuket, even for this charity organisation it is not easy to sterilize dogs here. They have to tighten and enforce dog laws and shut some monks mouths about preaching to feed soy dogs, otherwise they will loose income from tourism industry and end up with millions of dogs in every place.

Such nonsense, there is Soi Dog foundation branch in the US; so if their policies on animal welfare are so good, why is this organisation necessary? Why is there a Royal Society of the Protection of Animals (RSPCA) in the UK, why have I seen neglected stray dogs in Germany, France, Italy as well as many other countries if the so called "western universal values" you spout about are really universal?

If the USA and Europe had universal values there would be no mass shootings in the US.

In view of some of the kill all dogs, hit them, spray them with pepper, shoot with airguns posts, that have been posted here some of our posters should take a good look in the mirror because its very interesting to note that one of the common characteristics of mass shooters has been a proclivity to hurt or torture animals (as well as stockpiling guns and ammunition of types that should never be available to the general public).

I think you will also find that most monks are not happy about the numbers of stray dogs dumped in the grounds of their Wats and don't preach for people to feed stray dogs, just to be kind and not kill any animal (or even an ant).

Also you talk the most amazing crap about sterilization. I have 12 dogs and most of them have been sterilized. The vets are extremely happy and do it very cheaply - and that in three different regions of the country.

The brave lady (Khun Kawiporn - CHSA Thai Stray Animal Shelter) who looks after 2000 plus stray dogs in Saraburi has spent a fortune having them sterilized.

Plus, I just copied the following information directly from the Soi Dog  website:

"Every year, Soi Dog spays/neuters and vaccinates tens of thousands of street dogs and cats in Phuket, Bangkok, and other provinces of Thailand, and has to date sterilised more than 173,000 animals.  We are conducting a series of mobile sterilisation clinics across the Bangkok metropolitan area, home to approximately 640,000 street dogs. This project will eventually comprise ten mobile clinics and will take an estimated seven years to complete. 

Sterilisation is the only proven sustainable and humane means of reducing the stray animal population.  Thanks to your support of our work in Phuket, the stray population on the island is now officially under control. Global studies have shown that once 80% of the population has been sterilised, the number of animals living on the streets begins to decline naturally. By 2025, there should be very few strays on the streets and beaches of Phuket"

This total contradicts your b/s, please stop posting such "fake" misinformation.

15 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

MiKT - you're never going to change TheBrain's  mind (love the irony in his user name though :laugh:) in the same way as he will never change others' minds.

Arguing between yourselves achieves nothing, and is a pointless exercise.

I don't want to change his mind, its clear there is very little of substance to change. I just want him to stop posting fake rubbish (and alert newcomers that it is fake) about Thailand.

Actor Paul Nicholls has stated on the BBC why he went over the waterfall.

Actor Paul Nicholls has told of having to fend off bloodthirsty creatures while trapped at the bottom of a waterfall in Thailand for three days.

The former EastEnders star fell about 20ft (6m) in Koh Samui earlier this year, ripping off his knee cap and ending up in a pool of water fighting for his life.

Nicholls said he went over the edge of the waterfall after being set upon by a pack of about 15 wild dogs, and he thought that if he made it to the water, they would not be able to get to him.

NOW this reason alone is enough to start catching and spaying these dogs , let alone the injured girl or the hundreds of people threatened by this situation which is getting out of hand even for dog lovers.

9 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Actor Paul Nicholls has told of having to fend off bloodthirsty creatures while trapped at the bottom of a waterfall in Thailand for three days.

The former EastEnders star fell about 20ft (6m) in Koh Samui earlier this year, ripping off his knee cap and ending up in a pool of water fighting for his life.

Nicholls said he went over the edge of the waterfall after being set upon by a pack of about 15 wild dogs, and he thought that if he made it to the water, they would not be able to get to him.

NOW this reason alone is enough to start catching and spaying these dogs , let alone the injured girl or the hundreds of people threatened by this situation which is getting out of hand even for dog lovers.

B/S

9 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

If its getting out of hand how do you explain the quote from Soi Dogs I posted above?

Where do you get your sources of information. Publicity hungry actors or perhaps Mr

Brain.

Its more Fake News.

If you bother to read the story, the only "bloodthirsty" creatures he had to ward off were leaches, not dogs.

It does not matter how many dogs are sterilized or putted down, if there are a lot of irresponsible dog owners around, new dogs will join street life. We need more tight dogs laws here including.

1. Every dog should be registered, chipped and tracked.

2. Dog tax to support animal control should be introduced. The bigger the dog the more is the tax.

3. To own dog heavier than 10 kilograms dog licenses should be required.

4. Animal control should collect any dog from the street without chip, put in dog storage for 10 days. Dogs claimed from storage can be given to public after payment for chip and registration. If dog not claimed during 10 days, it needs to be put down.

5. Fines for irresponsible behavior should be introduced, like: feeding stray dogs in public places, let dog go alone roaming streets, getting rid of dog and many others.

If some animal welfare groups do not want to let unclaimed dog be put down. They build dog charity on theirs money, pay for dog license, pay tax for every dog, pay for registration, pay for chip, take unwanted dog from animal control and store them inside theirs charity.

Edited by TheBrain

5 hours ago, TheBrain said:

It does not matter how many dogs are sterilized or putted down, if there are a lot of irresponsible dog owners around, new dogs will join street life. We need more tight dogs laws here including.

1. Every dog should be registered, chipped and tracked.

2. Dog tax to support animal control should be introduced. The bigger the dog the more is the tax.

3. To own dog heavier than 10 kilograms dog licenses should be required.

4. Animal control should collect any dog from the street without chip, put in dog storage for 10 days. Dogs claimed from storage can be given to public after payment for chip and registration. If dog not claimed during 10 days, it needs to be put down.

5. Fines for irresponsible behavior should be introduced, like: feeding stray dogs in public places, let dog go alone roaming streets, getting rid of dog and many others.

If some animal welfare groups do not want to let unclaimed dog be put down. They build dog charity on theirs money, pay for dog license, pay tax for every dog, pay for registration, pay for chip, take unwanted dog from animal control and store them inside theirs charity.

yada, yada, yada