ATM transaction fee refunded by my bank

I called my (Dutch) bank today and told them i was angry with the 220 baht fee for every transaction i do in Thailand.

I can get 10.000 baht maximum a transaction and pay full costs for that. This is going on for 6 years or so, before that time i could get 20.000 baht a transaction.

The employee asked me how much this had costed me last years and offered me 50 euro refund to make it up with me. I told them i paid even more then 500 euro in atm-fee's last years and even stopped using the atm's at all.

Then she offered me 250 euro refund wai2.gif which is great of course but i still don't understand how it all works. Why refund me if it's all legal what they do?

You guys also should call your bank and complain about the very high fee, maybe you also get a refund.tongue.png

I can get 10.000 baht maximum a transaction and pay full costs for that. This is going on for 6 years or so, before that time i could get 20.000 baht a transaction.

use the right ATM and you can still get THB 30,000 from the yellow one, BKK bank dispenses THB 25,000, and SCB 20,000

so the Thb 10k limit thing must be a problem with your Dutch bank and the limit they have set

Why muck around anyway, get a Thai Bank acc, and even worst case just Swift transfer all the cash you need into the Thai account...not hard

I called my (Dutch) bank today and told them i was angry with the 220 baht fee for every transaction i do in Thailand.

The employee asked me how much this had costed me last years and offered me 50 euro refund to make it up with me. I told them i paid even more then 500 euro in atm-fee's last years and even stopped using the atm's at all.

Then she offered me 250 euro refund wai2.gif which is great of course but i still don't understand how it all works. Why refund me if it's all legal what they do?

You guys also should call your bank and complain about the very high fee, maybe you also get a refund.tongue.png

Which bank and branche?

OP,

Thai ATMs only charge a Bt200 foreign card fee, not Bt220. Maybe you are talking a foreign transaction fee (i.e., like a couple percent for every withdrawal...1 to 3% is common for many banks) your home country bank charges for any foreign transaction whether an ATM fee is charged or not?

Fortunately the U.S. debit cards I use for ATM withdrawals in Thailand/foreign countries do not charge any foreign transaction fee and reimburse ATM fees.

But it good to hear your bank reimbursed you some fee money...but maybe that's just the fee they charge and not the Thai bank ATM fee.

. AEON is 150 baht in Issan, I have Schwab , too Edited by Ireland32

. They want you as a Customer, why waived