Englishman Injured on Beach Road after Pattaya Baht Bus Collision

webfact

Englishman Injured on Beach Road after Pattaya Baht Bus Collision
Translation and Story by Albert Jack

pat.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 1.20am on the morning of May 26 Sawangboriboon Rescue Services were called to a serious incident outside Mike’s Mall on Beach Road, Pattaya.

At the scene they encountered a blue Baht Bus with damage to the right hand side and a Yamaha Novo motorbike with front end damage.

The rider, forty-seven year old Englishman named William John Palmer was bleeding heavily from the mouth and rushed by medics to Banglamung Hospital for treatment.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224594/englishman-injured-beach-road-baht-bus-collision/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-26

What happened?

The motorbike rider unexperienced with Pattaya traffic(?) hit a baht bus.

Wasn't he aware that they do sudden stops anywhere, any lane, anytime?

I guess he wasn't.

Edited by KhunBENQ

'His baht bus was hit by a Western man'.

Are you sure it wasn't the other way round ?

Yes, it wasn't.

Do you think the baht bus used reverse gear to crash the (now damaged) right back side into the motorbike?

That would be the explanation if the motorbike rider was Thai and crashed into the back your "farang" car biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes, it wasn't.

Do you think the baht bus used reverse gear to crash the (now damaged) right back side into the motorbike?

That would be the explanation if the motorbike rider was Thai and crashed into the back your "farang" car biggrin.png

I was not a traffic policeman in the U.K., but I would assume, the accident could have been caused but the baht bus pulling out, as the moterbike was alongside him.

Possible. Just wanted to state that the bike obviously crashed into the back of the bus.

Wasn't he aware that they do sudden stops anywhere, any lane, anytime?

Should add: they pull out, start driving after a stop anytime regardless of "what's around/behind" tongue.png

Police have taken photographs of the scene and are asking for witnesses to try to establish what happened.

Only chance!

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes, it wasn't.

I was not a traffic policeman in the U.K., but I would assume, the accident could have been caused but the baht bus pulling out, as the moterbike was alongside him.

but I would assume, the accident could have been caused but the baht bus pulling out, as the moterbike was alongside him.

or the motorcyclist maybe swerved to miss a pedestrian who had stepped off the pavement without looking left.

Edited by possum1931

Yes, it wasn't.

Likewise, I was driving my pick-up on Sukhumvit from Pattaya to Sattahip today, and had a 'near miss' involving a baht bus. I was at 90kmh on the inside lane of the dual carriageway. The baht bus was picking up a passenger in the motor cycle lane about 50 metres ahead when he decided to pull out into my path. There was a line of traffic on my outside moving faster than me, so I had to brake hard, blast my horn and utter a few expletives!!

Baht bus driving in LOS is a 'reserved' occupation I believe. It's reserved solely for half-blind, deaf and brain-dead individuals.

Edited by joebrown

Yes, it wasn't.

" Do you think the baht bus used reverse gear to crash the (now damaged) right back side into the motorbike?"

Hang on a minute! This is not beyond possibility.blink.png Have you seen the number of Baht buses that reverse along Beach Road? When they see some people walking down one of the soi’s theysuddenly decide to go into reversebah.gif

What's wrong with BangLamung Hospital? Have used it many times, although service may be slow, have always received good treatment, and it's a damn site cheaper

than that rip-off shrine to medicine BPH on Sukhumvit Rd.

Yes, it wasn't.

but I would assume, the accident could have been caused but the baht bus pulling out, as the moterbike was alongside him.

or the motorcyclist maybe swerved to miss a pedestrian who had stepped off the pavement without looking left.

The latter presumes he was travelling much faster than the baht bus or the baht bus was stopped in the middle of the road.

All speculation....

Many of us know baht buses are a danger due to the way they drive, and often people on motorcycles are a danger to themselves in the early hours.