Is this market manipulation?

I have been watching the SET ticker on one of the major banks,when many a substantial BUY order has been closed I have noticed a SELL order ,10% of the previous BUY order is instantly(exactly the same time stamp) traded. It appears that the BUYER is keeping the live market price DOWN below his BUY price with this strategy.

Any thoughts?

Intraday stats show BUY 75% SELL 25% but the market price has not reacted to this buying "spree" because of the repeated small sell orders keeping the price down

Edited by norbra

Don't believe anything you see, hear or read in any country where the people in charge openly walk about with firearms. Even when they visit injured tourists in a hospital to pass on their crocodile tear condolences.....

Hi

I really doubt anyone could "manipulate" the price of a stock, mainly if it is "one of the major banks" as the volume of exchange may be in the 500-1'000 Million Baht and so you would need to invest a huge quantity of money to have a significant effect on such stock price wink.png

Are you not mistaking the ATO/ATC with you "big seller" orders ?

Hi

I really doubt anyone could "manipulate" the price of a stock, mainly if it is "one of the major banks" as the volume of exchange may be in the 500-1'000 Million Baht and so you would need to invest a huge quantity of money to have a significant effect on such stock price wink.png

Are you not mistaking the ATO/ATC with you "big seller" orders ?

Well market makers are in the business of manipulating markets.. they make the price go lower/higher based on their exposure and prognostications.

MMs help create an efficient market, since they profit from an inefficient market.