Spending Money For The Wife

dave111223

Spending Money for the Wife  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

About B3000, goes straight to her mum. She does not spend on herself, unless I am there to see the purchase (typically B50-B200 clothes etc. at the market). What a *&^$% bore that tends to be as well, however, probably prefer it to wondering where all the cash is going!

The amount she gets each month is proportionate to the number of times she opens her legs.It's probably not the PC way of explaining things but that's how it is.

At the moment she's on 100K a month so you do the math :o

The amount she gets each month is proportionate to the number of times she opens her legs.It's probably not the PC way of explaining things but that's how it is.

At the moment she's on 100K a month so you do the math :D

So the answer is 3 ?

:o

I really start to feel that TV is getting more like a male gossip forum... :o:D:D I only read about this in Women's magazine.. but heck now I read them in this forum.. and most of the posters are male.. hehehehe.. kinda hilarious.. :D

Edited by Rumourz

At the moment she's on 100K a month so you do the math :D

So the answer is 3 ?

:D

Sorry for the confusion. Should have added that I married a hooker so the money ain't coming out of my pocket :o

I am puzzled.

If I was back home in the U.K. happily married with a U.K. wife who did not work, but was a housewife with two kids, surely she would require a monthly 'allowance' from my salary.

Why is it so different in Thailand, except, that due to the standard of living it should be less?

I cannot see it is worthwhile boasting about giving little or no allowance, anymore than boasting about giving a rather too generous large 'allowance'.

Surely it is upto the working/supporting partner to choose a sensible amount, for his/her partner.

good god dont you people ever tire of this litany?

What on earth do you mean?

litany

noun [C]

1 a long Christian prayer in which the priest speaks some parts and the other people at the ceremony speak other parts

2 a litany of sth a long list of unpleasant things, particularly things that are repeated

I am puzzled.

If I was back home in the U.K. happily married with a U.K. wife who did not work, but was a housewife with two kids, surely she would require a monthly 'allowance' from my salary.

Why is it so different in Thailand, except, that due to the standard of living it should be less?

I cannot see it is worthwhile boasting about giving little or no allowance, anymore than boasting about giving a rather too generous large 'allowance'.

Surely it is upto the working/supporting partner to choose a sensible amount, for his/her partner.

You may be Libyan, :D but you speak more sense than the rest of them put together. If I calculate the housekeeping my UK missus gets as a proportion of my Thai one... I could afford about 20 Thai g/fs simultaneously!! :o

litany

noun [C]

1 a long Christian prayer in which the priest speaks some parts and the other people at the ceremony speak other parts

2 a litany of sth a long list of unpleasant things, particularly things that are repeated

I think he meant a tedious repetition, of previous posts on the same subject as 'how much do you give your wife/girlfriend every month'.

Believe me it is a thread that appears regularly.

litany

noun [C]

I think he meant a tedious repetition, of previous posts on the same subject as 'how much do you give your wife/girlfriend every month'.

Believe me it is a thread that appears regularly.

So no long Christian prayers then?? :D:D

Damm, I'm glad I don't have to pay by the "pound"...I would be better off trying to support a coke habbit!

My wife manages two properties of mine and I allow her to keep the rental fees. Also, I give her money to buy new stuff ( dress, jeans, cosmetics, etc...) and she also gets money to spend on my two boys. It seems only fair to give the wife ( not girl friend ) money which she spends carefully and makes some wise investments too.

I can't understand a man not giving his wife any money. :o Two things make a happy wife and they are money and sex. :D

It's a difficult question for me to answer. Our monthly bills average about 15,000 baht. I give her 20,000 and she is normally able to put 5,000 baht per month in her savings account. It is up to her if she wants to buy herself something special. I have actually created a monster. I get chastised for forgetting to turn off a light or a fan. I also use too much electricity with my computer. Since I rarely watch TV she has changed the gold package UBC to the silver package. She will save about 700 baht a month. That was a compromise because I am going to upgrade my Ipstar Internet to the 1024/512 package. She is still money ahead so that was OK.

Edited by Gary A

Do you mean 100,000 bht per month?? You must be another clown on this forum. So how much does she get per each occasion. If I knew that number, then I could do the math.

So according to this poll, over 56% of you have a Thai wife/girlfriend and you give her ZERO or she gives money to you :D : :o

So you don’t believe the western norm of a dual income family exists in Thailand?

Maybe there are married people who are both employed or have business income that don’t need the husband to support the wife. Ever thought of that?

It's a difficult question for me to answer. Our monthly bills average about 15,000 baht. I give her 20,000 and she is normally able to put 5,000 baht per month in her savings account. It is up to her if she wants to buy herself something special. I have actually created a monster. I get chastised for forgetting to turn off a light or a fan. I also use too much electricity with my computer. Since I rarely watch TV she has changed the gold package UBC to the silver package. She will save about 700 baht a month. That was a compromise because I am going to upgrade my Ipstar Internet to the 1024/512 package. She is still money ahead so that was OK.

If you are the only source of funds, then she is living off your income. In that case, I would tell her to stop "nickle & dimeing" you about insignificant amounts, such turning the fan off. She is nagging you about this becuse the more frugal are your habits, them more money she gets.

So according to this poll, over 56% of you have a Thai wife/girlfriend and you give her ZERO or she gives money to you :D : :o

So you don’t believe the western norm of a dual income family exists in Thailand?

Maybe there are married people who are both employed or have business income that don’t need the husband to support the wife. Ever thought of that?

I dont believe it exists in 56% of Thai/western relationships!!!

Even in UK I have always been the major bread winner in my relationships. I do not think that I am doing anything 'special' if I give my girlfriend a few quid, or baht for that matter, to go and buy a new dress or whatever.As long as it is affordable to me.