Get up, stand up. Stand up when you ride.

papa al

• 1 month later...

All is upstanding in Colorado.

Arrived July1

Both of the TY350s 

the 1985/modified /‘old one’ and

the 1986/original ‘new one’.

started right up.

The old KLR650 required a new battery

&  a squirt of ether 

& vroom.

Riding the trials bike on the trails & tracks around here is unbelievable.

This is the third high mountain

‘wet’ summers  in a row

and things be green.

Flora & fauna are thriving.

Movingly beautiful.

Will file some ride reports later if there is interest.

;-)

Edited by papa al
;-)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ait.

papa back Patty

from trail riding fantastico en Colorado.

this summer/snowy early autumn..

25 hrs DEN ===> BKK

The YNSX cranked about 45 sec. to start up.

[since June 25/  3 mos., 12 days.]

Will prolly fuel and start ceeber & sparky 

& Lifan dirt bike mañana,

and Climber soonly.

2 hr. massage today 

... so good.

Well, got the Climber hauled from condo out to KMK today.

It started right up with some fresh gasoline.

Rode a fun 4K loop.

Certain section has been eroded since June

& papa got kinda stuck for a bit.

Gun, the 6-year old boy where my bike stays

has upgraded from his 12"-wheeled brand-X dirt-bike

to a Kawasaki 110cc dirt bike with 17"/14" wheels.

Hope to take a longer trail ride 2mor.

;-0

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

TG Junior, aka the future Dougie Lampkin....

011.thumb.jpg.d9b43c6c5c283c31a93176a460c47e39.jpg016.jpg.b02e96280773de61bb497209e2e72498.jpg

People with campervans favour these bikes in Europe, they are quite light and work well on the beach, look pretty cool too. People say they are only good for 50mph, but for a fun bike it don't matter. this fad is pushing prices up now..

17 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Got them too, on my other bit of land. This bit of land is behind my house, i'm having some "false logs" put in - concrete drainage rolls...

Rent it out.........

An American guy called Randal Paul (actor in 3 weddings and a funeral) had a place in the UK called "High Frontier" people in their 4x4s would pay to play. 

43 minutes ago, AllanB said:

Rent it out.........

An American guy called Randal Paul (actor in 3 weddings and a funeral) had a place in the UK called "High Frontier" people in their 4x4s would pay to play. 

No. This is in the middle of one of my rubber plantations.

Around here there are no trials bikes, nor trials riders/enthusiasts. Only fast-as-you-can-go motocrossers, which are hugely popular in these parts.

The 3 disciplines of motocross, enduro, and trials are COMPLETELY different. The first 2 wreck land. The latter has very little footprint and hence very little damage to the soil/land, creeks/river beds and environment.

I will be trying to build a 1000 sq m ish section around this area in the next year. Bring in some rocks and hire a Macro (excavator-expensive) for half a day for some serious landscaping. Anybody with a trials bike welcome. Dual Sport/Motocross - F##k off!

I am thinking of starting something like an ITA -Isaan Trials Association - where like minded people with trials bikes can meet up and play. Drive for 2-3 hours to people's property or known nice places to ride. CM already has something similar, and probably 30-40 riders, mainly Thai. They've certainly got the natural terrain up there, but that is a helluva drive for me, just to have day's play on my trials bikes...

48 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

No. This is in the middle of one of my rubber plantations.

Around here there are no trials bikes, nor trials riders/enthusiasts. Only fast-as-you-can-go motocrossers, which are hugely popular in these parts.

The 3 disciplines of motocross, enduro, and trials are COMPLETELY different. The first 2 wreck land. The latter has very little footprint and hence very little damage to the soil/land, creeks/river beds and environment.

I will be trying to build a 1000 sq m ish section around this area in the next year. Bring in some rocks and hire a Macro (excavator-expensive) for half a day for some serious landscaping. Anybody with a trials bike welcome. Dual Sport/Motocross - F##k off!

I am thinking of starting something like an ITA -Isaan Trials Association - where like minded people with trials bikes can meet up and play. Drive for 2-3 hours to people's property or known nice places to ride. CM already has something similar, and probably 30-40 riders, mainly Thai. They've certainly got the natural terrain up there, but that is a helluva drive for me, just to have day's play on my trials bikes...

Just kidding.........

...actually I was just name dropping, that I went off-roading in Africa with a famous actor.

Edited by AllanB

Heads up. Trials bike for sale on B&S. RLT or TLR (I get confused...) Honda early mono, looks like a mono trials version of a trail bike nearly. 200cc not 250, clean and tidy, from the same seller I bought my project ty mono's from.

The earlier advertised RLT from a different seller is still on there, and I believe is incorrectly described. I think it is a 314/315 Cota Montesa (owned by Honda), and becoming greatly sought after in Europe, cult bike due to it being chassis wise basically the same as the '06 on 4 strokes but with the last of the HRC 2 stroke motors. Good bike.

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Heads up. Trials bike for sale on B&S. RLT or TLR (I get confused...) Honda early mono, looks like a mono trials version of a trail bike nearly. 200cc not 250, clean and tidy, from the same seller I bought my project ty mono's from.

The earlier advertised RLT from a different seller is still on there, and I believe is incorrectly described. I think it is a 314/315 Cota Montesa (owned by Honda), and becoming greatly sought after in Europe, cult bike due to it being chassis wise basically the same as the '06 on 4 strokes but with the last of the HRC 2 stroke motors. Good bike.

papa prolly √ the latter out.

papa Pai [Maehongsong] now.

looks like it says RTL on the frame.

Cannot find anything else aboot this model on Interweb.

Talked to the seller just now.

He said that it uses ATF as engine oil.??

98 RTL TRIALS BIKE.png

2 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

That pipe comming out of the header sure looks like the beginning of a 2 stroke expansion chamber but it could just be camera angle

Yes , its a 2 stroke. The thin cylinder head just holds a spark plug , no valves , camshaft , springs , gears or chains. ATF for the engine ?. I think you could mean for the gearbox - wet clutch. 2 stroke engines normally use 2-stroke oil .Maybe a Thai / English translation error.

Just now, papa al said:

yep, my bad

papa wrong

(first time ever),  5  5

song-T

;-)

AH , that makes more sense. Thanks for posting back. Some manual bikes , and cars , run ATF oil , in the manual gearbox . Strange as it seems. On some Honda motocross bikes 10 / 15 years ago , they had 2 separate oil sumps , 1 for the engine , containing 4 - stroke motorbike engine oil , and 1 for the gearbox , containing motorbike gearbox EP oil , not car gearbox EP , or ATF.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Yes , its a 2 stroke. The thin cylinder head just holds a spark plug , no valves , camshaft , springs , gears or chains. ATF for the engine ?. I think you could mean for the gearbox - wet clutch. 2 stroke engines normally use 2-stroke oil .Maybe a Thai / English translation error.

You're right. It was ATF in the gearbox on my Mach III. The 2-stroke oil did the rest.

On 11/11/2017 at 3:56 PM, papa al said:

papa prolly √ the latter out.

papa Pai [Maehongsong] now.

looks like it says RTL on the frame.

Cannot find anything else aboot this model on Interweb.

Talked to the seller just now.

He said that it uses ATF as engine oil.??

98 RTL TRIALS BIKE.png

I'd like to buy this bike but have no way to transport it from Chiang Rai to Pattaya.