Foreign National Information Form

stargazer9999

What's the current situation at CM immigration about filling in this wacky form? I've heard it's not required for 90 day reporting. Is that true?

Which people are required to fill this form out? Are you required to fill it out if you leave the country and return even if you have retirement status?

I'm just trying to do a reality check on what's really going on with this new form. If people are required to fill it out can they omit giving away personal data like 'Social Media used by Alien'? I've read conflicting reports on TV and the Bangkok Post about what's really going on at different immigration offices.

(I love that they refer to foreigners as "Aliens" - It's such a polite term of endearment...)

It's not in Chiang Mai (yet). I think it's in more offices than just Phuket, however. If it comes to Chiang Mai, I think you can just put down something, no matter how much sense it makes and give it back to them. I was at Immigration yesterday and someone turned up wanting a 30 day extension for a tourist visa. He was trying to explain to the interns at the info desk that he didn't have a local address because he had just arrived into CM from the overnight train and hadn't found a place to stay yet. Finally someone behind him in the queue said put down Chiang Mai Railway Hotel and let them look up something on their smart phone. They just need to fill in all the blanks on the form, whether or not it's true. (I'm not certain such a hotel even exists)

I wouldn't recommend this as a way to fill out your TM7 for a 1-year extension, but obviously they can't check every tourist getting a 30 day extension and I suspect they aren't going to check if any of us are using Sina Weibo or WeChat if that's what we list as the social media we use on that intrusive three page form.

It's not in Chiang Mai (yet). I think it's in more offices than just Phuket, however. If it comes to Chiang Mai, I think you can just put down something, no matter how much sense it makes and give it back to them. I was at Immigration yesterday and someone turned up wanting a 30 day extension for a tourist visa. He was trying to explain to the interns at the info desk that he didn't have a local address because he had just arrived into CM from the overnight train and hadn't found a place to stay yet. Finally someone behind him in the queue said put down Chiang Mai Railway Hotel and let them look up something on their smart phone. They just need to fill in all the blanks on the form, whether or not it's true. (I'm not certain such a hotel even exists)

I wouldn't recommend this as a way to fill out your TM7 for a 1-year extension, but obviously they can't check every tourist getting a 30 day extension and I suspect they aren't going to check if any of us are using Sina Weibo or WeChat if that's what we list as the social media we use on that intrusive three page form.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif haha The Chiang Mai Railway Hotel used to stand opposite the railway station in what is now the "park". It was knocked down years ago!

I looked at the form being used in Phuket and the social media question was optional. The new big boss in Phuket sounded very hard-line about taking sanctions against anyone putting down wrong information, but there is no way that he can prove what is entered is wrong. For example I change my car every few years so pretty soon the car details will be "wrong", and the three lines of space for bars, restaurants, hospitals used will pretty soon be filled up with every 7/11 and fast food outlet that I have ever used and they cannot determine if that information is "wrong".

This is just another half baked idea to make work that has no functional usefulness. But they guy who designed this charade sure looks good in his own eyes! He is protecting Thailand from the evil Alien.

I'm just one of a great many folk in Chiang Mai on a Retirement extension. - yet they ask the names of our mother and father. I was tempted to put 'mum' and 'dad', but put in their full names and made a note that they were both deceased. If they were looking for next of kin in case of emergency, that might have been more useful.

It's not clear if this form is needed on return from an overseas trip, or when applying at the airport for a re-entry permit. In fact it's not clear WHEN it's required. It also requires a recent passport photo, so I guess one must carry some spares of these also.

There is already a form handed out on arrival at Immigration on returning, with a hundred or more people looking for a place to fill in the form, most of which is already entered on the arrival form which goes into your passport.

I'm just one of a great many folk in Chiang Mai on a Retirement extension. - yet they ask the names of our mother and father. I was tempted to put 'mum' and 'dad', but put in their full names and made a note that they were both deceased. If they were looking for next of kin in case of emergency, that might have been more useful.

It's not clear if this form is needed on return from an overseas trip, or when applying at the airport for a re-entry permit. In fact it's not clear WHEN it's required. It also requires a recent passport photo, so I guess one must carry some spares of these also.

There is already a form handed out on arrival at Immigration on returning, with a hundred or more people looking for a place to fill in the form, most of which is already entered on the arrival form which goes into your passport.

Just returned from Europe via China using multiple re-entry - no additional forms required than in years past....

Reminds me of the very first time I came to Thailand. They asked me where I was staying. I said I didn't know I was going to get a taxi and look around. She immediately got a list and read some names to me to choose from. When My son first came to visit I told him just say Inn of the North. Noproblem

As for the form I think in is not mandatory. But advisable as they can at times get ornery. If I was asked to fill it out I would do as Nancy mentioned just put any thing in if I felt it was an inappropriate question.

I am betting they will forget it before it gets to Chiang Mai.

Where are you coming into all this additional paperwork. Also what are you applying for that requires it?

The form is needed nowhere (besides Phuket perhaps where this general formerly in charge of IT was transferred to as new head). Neither in Bangkok or Chiang Mai on arrival, neither on extension of stay. Reports in Bangkok are also limited to the one stop service for business in Sam Yan. It's hot air and nothing but that.