'New' Thai Consulate Opens in Brisbane.

Official Opening of the Royal Thai Consulate Queensland

04 May 2016

The Royal Thai Consulate Queensland celebrates its official opening from 4 May 2016 with its new office in the central business district of Brisbane. Mr Andrew Park, recently appointed Honorary Consul, will be heading the office with new and improved Queensland consular services.

The new office is located on level 19, 344 Queen Street, Brisbane 4000 with easy access by public transport and basement level parking.

Operating business hours will be Monday to Friday, from 09:30 to 14:30.

You may contact the office during open hours by:

Tel: (07) 3493 6464 Email: [email protected]

http://www.royalthaiconsulatebrisbane.com/

For regular updates please like and follow our official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RoyalThaiConsulateQLD/.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are you aware if they will provide non O based on retirement. They did previously. As far as I know there are no other consulates in AU that does.

Depends on whether Bill is in charge------which I doubt he is.....................coffee1.gif

Are you aware if they will provide non O based on retirement. They did previously. As far as I know there are no other consulates in AU that does.

Depends on whether Bill is in charge------which I doubt he is.....................coffee1.gif

Tha last I heard Bill now lives in Thailand so I would expect this new one to fall in line with all of the others in Aus where you cannot even get a multiple entry Non-O. The Non-OA might be available though as it is in Sydney.

Edited by GreasyFingers

They have a website http://www.royalthaiconsulatebrisbane.com/

The visa info below has Non-O but not for tourist puposes. Maybe they will be available.

Visa Information

*Visa processing time is 2 business days, provided the application form is completed with all relevant and approved supporting documentation attached.*

No appointment is necessary to apply for a visa.

Applicants may drop into the consulate between 9:30 am and 2:30 pm to apply.

PURPOSE OF TRAVEL TYPE OF VISA DURATION

(FROM THE DATE OF ARRIVAL) VALIDITY

(FROM DATE OF ISSUE) FORM TOURIST (SINGLE ENTRY) * Tourist * Not exceeding 60 days from the day of entry Single entry; 3 months PDF FORM TOURIST (MULTIPLE ENTRIES) * Tourist * Not exceeding 60 days per entry Multiple entries; 6 months PDF FORM BUSINESS Non-Immigrant Not exceeding 90 days per entry Single entry; 3 months OR Multiple entries; one year. PDF FORM SPOUSE Non-Immigrant Not exceeding 90 days per entry Single entry; 3 months OR Multiple entries; one year. PDF FORM VOLUNTEER Non-Immigrant Not exceeding 90 days per entry Single entry; 3 months OR Multiple entries; one year. PDF FORM EDUCATION Non-Immigrant Not exceeding 90 days per entry Single entries; 3 months OR Multiple entries; one year. PDF FORM TRANSIT Transit Not exceeding 30 days per entry Up to 3 entries. Single entry; 3 months OR 2-3 entries 6 months. PDF FORM

NOTE: The Consulate reserves the right to request more documents if required.

This is probably a bit of a strange idea, but have you thought of sending an e-mail & asking ?

Here ya go, [email protected] that'll save you the trouble of looking for it.

Yeah, I know, a bit sarcastic, but some people just gotta be spoon fed.

Cheers..... Mal.

Parking in Brisbane City means $30/hr. Annerley was much more convenient....

Try public transport.

Also more convenient for us north-siders. (not that I have any plans to return any time soon).

I wish Bill and his wife all the best for their life in Thailand I had nothing but excellent service from them for over twelve years and consider them to be a great example of how good Thai visa service and advice can be. They are sadly missed by many people

• Like 2

I wish Bill and his wife all the best for their life in Thailand I had nothing but excellent service from them for over twelve years and consider them to be a great example of how good Thai visa service and advice can be. They are sadly missed by many people

I second that biggles45, The service has always been 100% and always prompt and with a great smile, I would get my non 0 (marriage) visa same day and he would come out for a chat, he will be missed cheers

Tha last I heard Bill now lives in Thailand so I would expect this new one to fall in line with all of the others in Aus where you cannot even get a multiple entry Non-O. The Non-OA might be available though as it is in Sydney.

They are not all the same.

The Melbourne consulate issues a non-B multi entry (1-year) with just an invitation letter from a Thai company and one from your Australian company. No other company documents such as registration needed.

The Sydney consulate on the other hand will only issue a 3-month single entry with just these documents. For a one year version, they require the company registration AND tax documents.

What it states on the Melbourne consulate website is not true. Less documents than they claim are required. The Sydney one however is consistent. What it says on their website and their forms is exactly what's needed.

Service in Melbourne is very professional, friendly and quick. The only thing they don't like is if you don't live in Victoria, in which case just put down a random local address if you don't know anyone there.

• 1 year later...

Went to the consulate today. Put my application in for a 60-day visa at 11.30 and picked up the visa at 1.30. Excellent service and the ladies were very pleasant. Only a few minutes wait to put in the docs and no wait to collect.

1 hour ago, Xangsamhua said:

Went to the consulate today. Put my application in for a 60-day visa at 11.30 and picked up the visa at 1.30. Excellent service and the ladies were very pleasant. Only a few minutes wait to put in the docs and no wait to collect.

Great to hear that!

Btw, does the consulate only issue visas to OZ residents, or also others? (I always wondered, whether I could combine a trip to Aussie with a visa procurement.)

• 1 month later...