Jenphop Indicted for Fatal Benz Crash

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

I can see why the French and Russian revolutions had to take place bah.gif

Oh yes, they were a lot of fun. And the Russian one gave a particularly good result.

In Thailand it's not so much "let them eat cake" as "let's throw the relatives of the dead a few crumbs and make the pesky buggers go away". One suspects those days are over with the new generation of social media savvy youngsters. Hope so.

Edited by Prbkk

...to make merit or to flee across the border through the forest....

...what a joke...but really not funny at all....

...and his facial expression suggests some type of withdrawal symptoms one might argue....

Or maybe he just finds the whole Thai Buddhism experience vile. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

'The prosecutor also asked the court to revoke Jenphop’s driving license, ban him from drinking alcohol for a limited time and detain him in a medical facility if the court rules him to be mentally ill and unfit for prison.'

Ah! There is the get-out clause right there! This criminal is too tender for prison; instead, he needs to be coddled in a 'medical facility'. And this request comes from the state prosecutor! One could not make this outrageous stuff up. All the cards are being carefully prepared - just in case things go worse than the filthy 'elites' would ideally wish ....

Quite the opposite. He can't make the excuse that he is too ill to be sent to prison as then he will simply be detained in a presumably secure hospital. Still detained nevertheless.

I really do hope they do this one right and give him at least a long time in jail but the way they are wording press releases seems just as farcical as before. I've no doubt international eyes are interested too with laughter and dismay.

I don't think the world is much interested in a road accident in Thailand, or anything else about Thailand. The country is an international backwater in every respect known largely for its prostitutes, food (largely based on Indian and Chinese) and maybe its silk, an industry that was in the doldrums until built up by an American. Even Red Bull, although invented by a Thai, was a nothing brand until bought into and marketed by an Austrian.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

I really do hope they do this one right and give him at least a long time in jail but the way they are wording press releases seems just as farcical as before. I've no doubt international eyes are interested too with laughter and dismay.

I don't think the world is much interested in a road accident in Thailand, or anything else about Thailand. The country is an international backwater in every respect known largely for its prostitutes, food (largely based on Indian and Chinese) and maybe its silk, an industry that was in the doldrums until built up by an American. Even Red Bull, although invented by a Thai, was a nothing brand until bought into and marketed by an Austrian.

Always be careful of Austrians taking over moribund brands and turning them into something...

biggrin.png

...to make merit or to flee across the border through the forest....

...what a joke...but really not funny at all....

...and his facial expression suggests some type of withdrawal symptoms one might argue....

Or maybe he just finds the whole Thai Buddhism experience vile. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Judging by the look on a couple of the monk's faces, I believe they may be thinking their new recruit is rather vile.

' Reform before elections ! '

But hey ho ...... not too much reform eh .....and only for the poor folk.

After all ....... that's what the coup was for ...preserving the power of the wealthy and preventing the ugly rise of equality.

Edited by Denim

A red bull heir he isn't....

Still wealthy enough, however...''Jenphop was not present at Friday’s hearing and has yet to enter a plea.

Not present? Has yet to enter a plea?

Dear God. Is this what passes for justice in Thailand now?

W

' Reform before elections ! '

But hey ho ...... not too much reform eh .....and only for the poor folk.

After all ....... that's what the coup was for ...preserving the power of the wealthy and preventing the ugly rise of equality.

I don' want to go OT too much.

But do you believe the government that pretended to govern before the coup

was not working for "preserving the power of the wealthy and preventing the ugly rise of equality." ?

Edited by sweatalot

What this country needs is an Eliot Ness. If you really believe in the next life, how better to get there through honesty, integrity and an incorruptible moral compass.

This realm cuts very deeply in cultures, especially here. Every religion but one is based on the notion that a person can blot out their wrong-doing, short-comings and imperfection and gain redemption from all that by the veneer of self-effort, such as self-orientated making merit. You likely have this insight, but other readers may not.

That's some problems with regard to the clear assignment.
You killed two innocent people, races with more than 200 km / h over the highways, break through barriers, are drunk or high.
And the state power is too stupid or too corrupt or too powerless to bring this crime to justice?
As yet every normal citizen asks why he has to abide by laws.
Fukc the police, fukc everybody. I do what I want.
Nobody can touch me.
I can kill with my behavior everybody.
I pee on every decency, and every moral here.
I am the big and everybody who cross my way, get a ticket to death.

Edited by tomacht8

I'm not well up on the ins and outs of Buddhism so can anyone be refused entry to the monk hood or is the fact it's supposedly an act of contrition for a wrong an excuse to allow entry irrespective of obvious signs it's not a sincere gesture ?

'The prosecutor also asked the court to revoke Jenphops driving license, ban him from drinking alcohol for a limited time and detain him in a medical facility if the court rules him to be mentally ill and unfit for prison.'

Ah! There is the get-out clause right there! This criminal is too tender for prison; instead, he needs to be coddled in a 'medical facility'. And this request comes from the state prosecutor! One could not make this outrageous stuff up. All the cards are being carefully prepared - just in case things go worse than the filthy 'elites' would ideally wish ....

And in the event that there are no medical facilities available to treat his specific condition he will need to go to Singapore, just guessing.

I'll give 10 to 1 odds the Jerk still walks free.......

If it were one of my kids and this ars-hole walked free, he would be walking with a very severe limp after a very short space of time, knee-capping is very effective.

I'll give 10 to 1 odds the Jerk still walks free.......

If it were one of my kids and this ars-hole walked free, he would be walking with a very severe limp after a very short space of time, knee-capping is very effective.

Yes I agree but perhaps RTP think that Thais are not capable of vigilantism. We shall see!

Using the Orachorn “Praewa” Thephasadin Na Ayudhya death meter as a guide - 5.33 hours of annual community service per death, then Jenphop should get ~ 11 hours of community service each year, for what, maybe two years. Case closed.

A red bull heir he isn't....

Still wealthy enough, however...''Jenphop was not present at Friday’s hearing and has yet to enter a plea.

Not present? Has yet to enter a plea?

Dear God. Is this what passes for justice in Thailand now?

W

Errrr Winnie, the video is his plea. It's his car, he got injured driving it, it was his medication found inside it.. If he had any sense he will confess. Pretty sure even he knows confession and a guilty plea (with mitigating circumstances no doubt added for sympathy) is his only hope. Either that or skipping the country anyways, which am pretty sure is going to be his next move