NCPO to lift travel ban on blacklisted politicians and political activists

rooster59

NCPO to lift travel ban on blacklisted politicians and political activists

2805002-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: Politicians who were invited for “attitude adjustment” will be allowed to leave the country beginning June 1 as the National Council for Peace and Order is to scrap Order Number 21/2557.

Government spokesman Maj-Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said that the decision to revoke Order Number 21/2557 was agreed upon by the NCPO, National Intelligence Agency and the National Security Council on the ground that the political situation in the country has returned to normal although political difference remains but not to the extent that the country cannot move forward.

The revocation of the order will allow politicians or political activists who were previously invited for “attitude adjustment to leave the country as normal with the exception of those who were served with arrest warrants or who are on trial whose overseas travels require a court’s permission.

Former energy minister Pichai Naripthapan who is banned from leaving the country for his critical comments against the military regime welcomed the move. He said that individual’s right to travel was incorporated in the UN Charter.

Order No 21,2557 was announced on May 23, 2014. Altogether 155 politicians and political activists are banned from leaving the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165192

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-29

Interesting to see if there is a spike in travel by these attitude adjusted dark forces.

What will happen if any go to a country where they can speak freely and do so ?

A reception committee waiting on arrival at Swampy ?

Interesting to see if there is a spike in travel by these attitude adjusted dark forces.

I am concerned less with a reception committee than the prospect of a returnee arriving back only to find his or her citizenship revoked. Let us hope The Powers That Be would not feel the need to resort to such a measure.

Politicos Welcome Lifting of Overseas Travel Ban

By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14644288161464429074l.jpg

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha speaks to reporters on Mar. 3, 2015, at the Government House in Bangkok. Under his order, more than 100 people must seek his permission before traveling abroad.

BANGKOK — Politicians from both the Democrat and Pheu Thai parties said the junta’s decision yesterday to lift ban on overseas travel currently imposed on more than 100 people is a positive step toward reconciliation.

The ban’s repeal was announced by the junta Friday and goes into effect Wednesday, two years since it was first put in place when the military seized power in the May 2014 coup. However, the junta said the lifting will not extend to politicians facing criminal charges, such as former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464428816

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-29

I am concerned less with a reception committee than the prospect of a returnee arriving back only to find his or her citizenship revoked. Let us hope The Powers That Be would not feel the need to resort to such a measure.

Well if they do you may as well delete the peace and order part , in the NCPO jargon, and insert war and attrition.

It goes without saying , the restrictions were pointless in the first place , the Junta and the military, certainly didn't make any friends and it certainly didn't bring the country together , evidently what the Coup was designed to do , all through the progress of the NCPO has been a heavy handed approach , however after the Coup of 06 and a good talk with gen. Prem a coup would be the last thing they should have done, invoking the common law of the land would have cured the problems, it would have made some in the population respect it and not think they are above it , exactly what section 44 and the Junta are doing.........................................coffee1.gif .

It goes without saying , the restrictions were pointless in the first place , the Junta and the military, certainly didn't make any friends and it certainly didn't bring the country together , evidently what the Coup was designed to do , all through the progress of the NCPO has been a heavy handed approach , however after the Coup of 06 and a good talk with gen. Prem a coup would be the last thing they should have done, invoking the common law of the land would have cured the problems, it would have made some in the population respect it and not think they are above it , exactly what section 44 and the Junta are doing.........................................coffee1.gif .

Might have been pointless to you and me but the whole point to them was that the little general wanted to say "do as your told, I'm the gaffer, and you have the think the things I say and believe the things I say or else". It's a testosterone thing based on the notion that he's God's right hand and smarter than your average bear....

Effective? not in the long term.

Maniacal? Probably.

Stupid? I think so, yes, but the little general doesn't appear to.

<sigh>

Boring.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

ANYTHING is possible with this mule in charge. Aside from the news at hand, my Australian friend arrived Saturday night at Swampy. Tourist Visa OK in you come. The man with his Thai partner coming in on a return RETIREMENT visa had to go through a lot of extra paperwork, complete new forms and interviewed by 2 officers.

More to come on this one.

Might have been pointless to you and me but the whole point to them was that the little general wanted to say "do as your told, I'm the gaffer, and you have the think the things I say and believe the things I say or else". It's a testosterone thing based on the notion that he's God's right hand and smarter than your average bear....

Maniacal? Probably.

<sigh>

Boring.

W

I remeber 2 years ago the country was split and divided in whom they liked.

I would go so far as to say at THAT TIME with the protesters, 50% in favour of Yingluck and 50% in favour of the army taking over based on the time WHAT this monkey said. A lot of promises that sounded good for the country. Now I would stretch myself out to say that probably 99.5% HATE this mob and would dearly love ANYTHING rather than the Junta who is slowly destroying everything people have come to expect of THAILAND.

I do not think it will ever recover. People gone are people who will not return

Maniacal? Probably.

<sigh>

Boring.

W

I would go so far as to say at THAT TIME with the protesters, 50% in favour of Yingluck and 50% in favour of the army taking over based on the time WHAT this monkey said. A lot of promises that sounded good for the country. Now I would stretch myself out to say that probably 99.5% HATE this mob and would dearly love ANYTHING rather than the Junta who is slowly destroying everything people have come to expect of THAILAND.

That's alright, no matter - I'm sure he feels like he's close to God. But everyone else thinks he's a &lt;deleted&gt;. Including his wife and daughters by all accounts.

You're probably right though, Thailand, som nam na. Be careful what you wish for because you might get it.

W

ANYTHING is possible with this mule in charge. Aside from the news at hand, my Australian friend arrived Saturday night at Swampy. Tourist Visa OK in you come. The man with his Thai partner coming in on a return RETIREMENT visa had to go through a lot of extra paperwork, complete new forms and interviewed by 2 officers.

It's odd how the unintelligent seize any opportunity to show that they're in charge. Imposing themselves on retirees, who in the main spend more money in Thailand than a single tourist, is the perfect mark. After all, everyone knows people want to retire to Thailand because Thai people are wonderful and smart an' stuff.

W

I am baffeled when I read all the anti coup comments here. They seem to not care that there was no democratic alternative when we had the marauding incapable and pseudodemocratic shin governments in place - which did not care that in their favour grenades were fired at the people on a regular base.

Unfortunately there is still no democratic alternative now. This has to do with the people in this country, not with the military government.

For more than 99% of the people nothing has changed to the worse and they do not care what kind of government is in place. The people not caring about governments and democracy allowed the tricks of the shins to pretend being democratic - which was only intended to make the government look good in the West.

If the military government goes the shins will come back and continue to fill their pockets and bring the country down.

Those guys (a miniscule minority) that make a lot of noise about the present government not being democratic are mostly those who gained from the shins and they know very well that their actions will not bring democracy back to Thailand but the shins which will make them a fortune and the people poorer.

I am baffeled when I read all the anti coup comments here. They seem to not care that there was no democratic alternative when we had the marauding incapable and pseudodemocratic shin governments in place - which did not care that in their favour grenades were fired at the people on a regular base.

Unfortunately there is still no democratic alternative now. This has to do with the people in this country, not with the military government.

For more than 99% of the people nothing has changed to the worse and they do not care what kind of government is in place. The people not caring about governments and democracy allowed the tricks of the shins to pretend being democratic - which was only intended to make the government look good in the West.

If the military government goes the shins will come back and continue to fill their pockets and bring the country down.

Those guys (a miniscule minority) that make a lot of noise about the present government not being democratic are mostly those who gained from the shins and they know very well that their actions will not bring democracy back to Thailand but the shins which will make them a fortune and the people poorer.

I believe you. I do believe you are completely 'baffeled' [sic]

W

It's odd how the unintelligent seize any opportunity to show that they're in charge. Imposing themselves on retirees, who in the main spend more money in Thailand than a single tourist, is the perfect mark. After all, everyone knows people want to retire to Thailand because Thai people are wonderful and smart an' stuff.

W

Winne, we THINK thai people are wonderful blah blah. I AM RELOCATING to Philippines because I discovered after years of protesting to go there, THEY ARE MORE SINCERE and GENUINE. And the islands are far superior - not just nicer - SUPERIOR to those polluted overpriced rubbish shopping malls infested islands here.

YEP I am really over it here OVER AND OUT

W

Winne, we THINK thai people are wonderful blah blah. I AM RELOCATING to Philippines because I discovered after years of protesting to go there, THEY ARE MORE SINCERE and GENUINE. And the islands are far superior - not just nicer - SUPERIOR to those polluted overpriced rubbish shopping malls infested islands here.

YEP I am really over it here OVER AND OUT

I'm sorry to hear that. Thailand, if it is to survive, must change and it is people like us foreigners that could help it change.

Even children grow up sometime, but, like you, I sometimes despair at how long it seems to be taking. I do however believe that next year, after a defining change later this year, things will start to improve. When the source of the poison is removed, the organism can begin to self-heal, sometimes with the help of outside agents. Every little helps and it isn't your fault or mine that Thailand has many foreigners that are no help at all.

Bon voyage, bon chance.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

Maniacal? Probably.

<sigh>

Boring.

W

What rubbish... where does your '99.5 hate...' come from?

A post referring to the government as a dictatorship has been removed from this thread.

From the pinned topic in the News Forum:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed. Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

Please check the entire list of forum rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

"I am baffeled when I read all the anti coup comments here."

And I'm baffled that you're baffeled.

"If the military government goes the shins will come back and continue to fill their pockets and bring the country down."

You mean that when the elected government was overthrown the filling of pockets by those in power stopped? What planet are you living on??

"Those guys (a miniscule minority) that make a lot of noise about the present government not being democratic are mostly those who gained from the shins and they know very well that their actions will not bring democracy back to Thailand but the shins which will make them a fortune and the people poorer."

Yes, sure. All those who protest are paid by the bogeyman in Dubai. How ingenious!

"Comrades," he said, "I trust that every animal here appreciates the sacrifice that Comrade Napoleon has made in taking this extra labour upon himself. Do not imagine, comrades, that leadership is a pleasure! On the contrary, it is a deep and heavy responsibility. No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be? Suppose you had decided to follow Snowball, with his moonshine of windmills Snowball, who, as we now know, was no better than a criminal?"

It's been on the tip of my tongue, I've been searching for it for weeks, and now I've found it.

You remember the Harry Potter movie? The one with the dementers?

That's what this government reminds me of with its lies, repression, distortions and half-truths, deceits and machinations.

The dementers.

W

For the Shins or anyone to be in power in a democracy, it would be decided on a vote by the people. So in a democracy, if the Shins were returned, it would be because the majority of the people wanted them. Whether you find it hard to understand or not, that is what the Thai voters wanted in the last election and probably will want in the next. Always assuming that there will be a next election.

For the Shins or anyone to be in power in a democracy, it would be decided on a vote by the people. So in a democracy, if the Shins were returned, it would be because the majority of the people wanted them. Whether you find it hard to understand or not, that is what the Thai voters wanted in the last election and probably will want in the next. Always assuming that there will be a next election.

" that is what the Thai voters wanted in the last election "

it is what they were paid for or tricked into. That's abuse of democracy.

I doubt they will elect the shins again - except the shins use their money and are allowed to do their lies and tricks again

Edited by sweatalot

I doubt they will elect the shins again - except the shins use their money and are allowed to do their lies and tricks again

"it is what they were paid for or tricked into. That's abuse of democracy."

Proof? Evidence? Or is it just bigotry based on incomplete understanding?

W

"it is what they were paid for or tricked into. That's abuse of democracy."

Yes, the stupid farmers of the North and North East. Better that they don't have the vote, right?bah.gif

Maniacal? Probably.

<sigh>

Boring.

W

As a long term Thai watcher I agree, I like to think of the stupidity of it all as, nothing achieved , nothing gained ,and no future to speak of. Same as all the Coups before them, the only time Thailand went forward was 1995 /97 under Chuan, 97 the bubble burst and tossed the whole of Asia into a depression, including China , at 18% growth rate Thailand was on everybody's lips , it still is for all the wrong reasons. Just mentioned these facts for those who came in late.

Can any country's government revoke a citizens citizenship? If that citizen is naturalized then yes. But if that citizen acquired citizenship through birth, both parents and successive previous ancestors then I doubt there is such legislation.

The can revoke your passport because it remains their passport not yours. But citizenship, I don't think so,