what this symptom in the upper eyelid to be?

momtaz

Hello guys

this symptom keep happening again and again in the eyelid of a little boy near to tun 7 years ago,

since he was about 1 year old, in both eye, time after time,, checked at hospital they said fat caused that,

hot compress pack to treat,

anyone of your experienced a such, or any info or clear definition about it?

thank you for sharing your comments,

Kind regards.

post-88729-0-34357100-1464535737_thumb.j

post-88729-0-37141000-1464535830_thumb.j

post-88729-0-16403300-1464536012_thumb.j

I'm no doctor but I've had someting that looks really this several times: Chalazion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalazion

The fact that they advise hot compresses comforts me in the idea because that's what the doctor told me to use . To quote the Wikepedia page, it softens the hardened oil that is occluding the duct.

It tends to recur over and over, unfortunately.

Back in the 70's they were very common although I didn't suffer

My neighbours did & they had to cover their head over a bowl of boiling water with something in it & steam

It's all to do with cleanliness

I suggest washing properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no doctor but I've had someting that looks really this several times: Chalazion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalazion

The fact that they advise hot compresses comforts me in the idea because that's what the doctor told me to use . To quote the Wikepedia page, it softens the hardened oil that is occluding the duct.

It tends to recur over and over, unfortunately.

Yes a chalazion. I've had three, and they were removed surgically. A fairly simple 30 minute procedure.

Not just a question of cleanliness as some have suggested. Often due to a blocked eye lash duct.

Edited by Henryford

Yep it's either one of these. If the lump is 'in' the eyelid then it's chalazion, if it's on the surface or tip then likely a stye. Because of there irritating nature it causes you to rub you eyes more which then makes the eyes all red.

My Thai GF had a sty similar to the one pictured. I took her to Rutnin Eye Inst. on Asok in Bangkok and they suggested trying hot compresses first before resorting to surgery. The compresses worked and it was gone in a little more than a week. She started to get another one about 3 years later but we caught it quickly using the hot compresses as before and it was gone in a few days.

The photo of the underside/inside of the eyelid would be quite revealing for diagnosis. Along with the hot/warm compresses, I would suggest a ophthalmic antibiotic and saline made for contact lenses to flush the drainage out. Both are inexpensive and available at most pharmacies. The antibiotic could help prevent a second infection from occurring in a short time frame.

Since you were told it was "oil", it is likely a chelazion rather than a stye

See http://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/chalazion-stye-treatment

Prevention = keeping hands and eyelids clean. Gently cleansing the eyelid with baby shampoo before going to bed each night can helps. With a 7 year old it is hard as the child needs to avoid touching the eyelid with unwashed hands.

Thank you so much for the informative info guys,,

I will try to find some more picts, even when he was little boy 4-5 years ago,

is not about cleaning, his younger bro 4 and half, but never happened this to him,

the common thing as some of you mentioned is that happening frequently, we took him few times to the hospital,

they just suggest hot compress ..