Horrible Discovery in Tiger Temple: Dozens of Dead Tiger Kittens

webfact

One good question: why they had dead baby tigers and other animal parts?

Probably to sell for use in Chinese 'medicines'.

Take note all ye worshippers of 'Alternative' medicine

Great point! far better off using medicines that have been tried and tested - on animals!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting so much for religion

What has religion got to do with it?

Do you blame ALL Buddhists? Do you blame buddhist teachings? Or is it just the people responsible for this park? Is it taught by Buddhists to behave this way, or is it abnormal behaviour by some individuals?

So many ignorant people on this forum with an inability to actually think.

The people responsible should be arrested and prosecuted, it is good to see the other tigers being rescued, there are not many left in the World today.

I visited that place many years ago, then there was just a few monks, a hut, a small temple building or shrine more like it, and three juvenile tigers running free. got out of control apparently, they prolly didn't plan at that time for it to become something like this. At that time they didn't charge anything for visitors and you would walk around at your own risk. Never been there since...

Edited by AlQaholic

Why, the market for this sort of thing is for a very small populationwho believe that products from certain wild animals will have a beneficial effect. To lump it in with Alternative medicine shows a lack of knowledge about the subject

Week by week almost this country seems to shock the world with reports of inhuman practices & a total disregard for the general laws of society as we know them.

Over the last year we've seen reports of shallow graves in the Southern jungles, slaves on Thai fishing boats, rich/drunken motorists killing innocent folk without any conviction, youths attacking elderly tourists (again without conviction), 11 Thai youths slaying a poor girl, & now it seems we have

malicious, greedy, corruupt Buddhist monks that are doing as they please & so far they seem to be above the law of this land..Both the MiB, & the powers-that-be are sat back doing nothing...Wonder what money-making scam/malpractice Thai monks will get caught doing next week..??

40 killed "tiger cubs aged from birth to one week old" ... in a Buddhist monastry shock1.gif. Who killed them and who oversaw this?

The antithesis of one of Buddhism's principles: protection of life, including animals and that "all living entities are equal".

I predict that this news report will morph into international news.

40 killed "tiger cubs aged from birth to one week old" ... in a Buddhist monastry shock1.gif. Who killed them and who oversaw this?

The antithesis of one of Buddhism's principles: protection of life, including animals and that "all living entities are equal".

I predict that this news report will morph into international news.

It is already being reported Internationally ! smile.png

Try reading the topic for information ..................................

Anyone out there still defending the scum who ran this cesspit?

Was there any?

Went there about four years ago. Clearly a commercial enterprise run by and for the monks.

I could not understand why there was a group of western "volunteers" helping to look after the tigers. If they had cared about the animals they should have been campaigning outside the entrance.

Cambodia wants some tigers to release into the wild. Send fifty or so over there.

Some of the Western volunteers may have been undercover from animal rights groups, though probably more of them were just naive.

As for releasing them, unfortunately they are all cross breeds of unknown decent so no chance that is going to happen. This is coupled with the fact that they have been raised in captivity, trained not to fear humans and without hunting skills, they would either likely die of starvation or end up terrorizing people and be shot, sadly these tigers are doomed to captivity, though hopefully their next home will be much better and without the daily stress of tourists touching them.

Why, the market for this sort of thing is for a very small populationwho believe that products from certain wild animals will have a beneficial effect. To lump it in with Alternative medicine shows a lack of knowledge about the subject

It is an alternative medicine and I would not call the estimated 60% of China's population who use animal derived "medicine" a small population, it's about a billion people.

Hmmmm, Initially, I thought it could just be a cull due to the inability to care for so many tigers at the facility.
However, the freezing of them might suggest it be related to the ancient belief that "Tiger penis" of enhancing sexual performance, and the trade thereof might have something to do with it. Or it could just be a cull due to the inability to care for so many tigers at the facility.

Week by week almost this country seems to shock the world with reports of inhuman practices & a total disregard for the general laws of society as we know them.

Over the last year we've seen reports of shallow graves in the Southern jungles, slaves on Thai fishing boats, rich/drunken motorists killing innocent folk without any conviction, youths attacking elderly tourists (again without conviction), 11 Thai youths slaying a poor girl, & now it seems we have

malicious, greedy, corruupt Buddhist monks that are doing as they please & so far they seem to be above the law of this land..Both the MiB, & the powers-that-be are sat back doing nothing...Wonder what money-making scam/malpractice Thai monks will get caught doing next week..??

I agree.

It all demonstrates how skewed, misguided and xenophobic the priorities of the Generalissimo and his cohorts that they so readily target 'aliens', who are generally easily tracked, identified, pigeon-holed and dealt with, rather than attempt seriously to deal with the glaring injustices and inequalities that are so pervasive in their own Thai society.

Better they try to clear some of this mess in their own backyard before 'laying down the law' so zealously to foreigners.

Credibility? What credibility?

Disgusting so much for religion

There is nothing wrong with religion per se, it is the way it is abused that is disgusting

As a non-believer, I would agree, if you want to follow or need a religion to survive that's ok by me, but the crap that becomes attached is not ok and needs stamping out whatever religion it is.

China......Very small population?............Chinese medicine is 'Alternative medicine' in the West and revered by the many lovable and idealistic but gullible and exploited alternative cranks who will believe absolutely anything. Like most 'Traditional' medicine' most Chinese medicine is 'Quack' medicine same as that which has and continues today to grant power, influence and money to wily witch doctors/shamans/apothecaries/health supplement companies/ alternative therapy pedlars worldwide. Maybe 10 to 20% is efficaceous and most of this consists of natural remedies that have already been converted and improved and marketed as mainstream drugs anyway. The rest of it works only through the power of suggestion and the'placebo' effect. I wish I was not a skeptic then it might work for me.......smile.png....!

Hmmmm, Initially, I thought it could just be a cull due to the inability to care for so many tigers at the facility.

However, the freezing of them might suggest it be related to the ancient belief that "Tiger penis" of enhancing sexual performance, and the trade thereof might have something to do with it. Or it could just be a cull due to the inability to care for so many tigers at the facility.

I can't see why a cull would result in them being frozen, I can only assume that they were to be sold, along with the various other frozen animals and parts found.