ThaiVisa Tech - xiaomi phones

My next phone will a a Xiaomi MI Max, looks great at about 10k, every one things that if you aint spending 20k+ for a phone then its crap but the reality is thar Samsung/Apple juts have alot higher profit margins, apparently it cost $200 per handset(inc manufacturing and marketing) and the rest is profit.

My next phone will a a Xiaomi MI Max, looks great at about 10k, every one things that if you aint spending 20k+ for a phone then its crap but the reality is thar Samsung/Apple juts have alot higher profit margins, apparently it cost $200 per handset(inc manufacturing and marketing) and the rest is profit.

Mine too.

But I will wait until the 4GB RAM/128GB ROM option is available here.

Should be sufficient for the next two-three years..

But it's a 6.4" monster, I would not call that a phone but phablet or whatever.

I think 5.5" is about max for me on a phone, I uses a 5" now and it's okay but has my sights on Infinix Zero3 that is 5.5 and 3 gb ram but are waiting for more reviews first.

Use a 8" tablet on the patio at the house and that is near perfect, I can't say the name here or I will be shot down in flames.

Sorry a bit off topic.

Exactly. Apple & Samsung spend zero on R&D.

I bought the Xiaomi Redmi note 2 as a inexpensive ($125) entry into the Xiaomi environment. 2gb/16 gb memory and will take up to 64gb sd outboard memory, 5.5" FHD display.

So far, after 4 months use it has been flawless. It took me a while to adapt to the Miui 7 interface and there are some features of it that I do not like. For instance, I can not make my favored Google Music Player the default over the built in player.

I promised myself I'd use it for at least a year, then I suspect I'll go for one of their premium models. I love the specs of the recently announced MI-5 but it is a 5" display and I much prefer 5.5".

The Max is just too big. I tried a 6" Lenovo for 6 months and it was just too large and cumbersome. One wouldn't think .5" would make that much difference, but it does for me.