Very dangerous hole!

Badrabbit

Outside TOT south bound towards Wat Chalong, very deep hole has appeared at least a foot deep by maybe 2 foot wide, if you hit this on a scooter it's curtains, only saw it at the last second because the scooter in front swerved to miss it, slow down a lot before the lights!!

Edited by Badrabbit

20 posts and the thread has become a playground for inconsiderate I couldn't care less about other people and what happens to them as long as I am okay, shan't bother again!

The longer this topic floats on the top of the Phuket Forum's list of topics, the more people will see, read and be advised about it. It's simple as that.

What we should do? Complain how horrible Thai road maintenance is? Where it would lead to? Thank you for notifying other for the hole? Thanks btw.

Meanwhile some responsible Thai person has most likely stopped his/hers scooter/car to the side of the road. The person got out - even if it's dark and raining, went to fetch something to warn others not to drop to the hole while they are driving. This person notified the people who really required notification about the danger.

Meanwhile you notified few readers of Thaivisa. It's all good, but don't expect to be in the same league as the Thai who spend time, got wet at the actual site. That anonymous person, who did the hard work is the hero in this incident.

My teaching here is: Learn to notice at least some of the many kinds of little things people do everyday to make other people's lives easier. Yes, that kind of things happens all the time in this country. Even when there are nobody to see it.

Can we now give Shot a chance to put a funny image, he found from the internet to complete this discussion? Shot, pressure to show your skills is all yours now.

20 posts and the thread has become a playground for inconsiderate I couldn't care less about other people and what happens to them as long as I am okay, shan't bother again!

The longer this topic floats on the top of the Phuket Forum's list of topics, the more people will see, read and be advised about it. It's simple as that.

What we should do? Complain how horrible Thai road maintenance is? Where it would lead to? Thank you for notifying other for the hole? Thanks btw.

Meanwhile some responsible Thai person has most likely stopped his/hers scooter/car to the side of the road. The person got out - even if it's dark and raining, went to fetch something to warn others not to drop to the hole while they are driving. This person notified the people who really required notification about the danger.

Meanwhile you notified few readers of Thaivisa. It's all good, but don't expect to be in the same league as the Thai who spend time, got wet at the actual site. That anonymous person, who did the hard work is the hero in this incident.

My teaching here is: Learn to notice at least some of the many kinds of little things people do everyday to make other people's lives easier. Yes, that kind of things happens all the time in this country. Even when there are nobody to see it.

Can we now give Shot a chance to put a funny image, he found from the internet to complete this discussion? Shot, pressure to show your skills is all yours now.

Lol give me a break, I can see the headlines now, "Farung run over by pick-up whilst trying to warn road users of a big hole" forum users would post "what the f*** was he doing in the road when the hole should have been dealt with by the authorities!! you now know about the hole could you please go there and do your duty or is that not your problem?

A number of off topic bickering and nonsense removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Lol give me a break, I can see the headlines now, "Farung run over by pick-up whilst trying to warn road users of a big hole" forum users would post "what the f*** was he doing in the road when the hole should have been dealt with by the authorities!! you now know about the hole could you please go there and do your duty or is that not your problem?

We are in the start of a journey. If you die while doing the right thing, there is no reason to care what some small minded people think. In fact you'll have no thoughs at all. Don't be too afraid to live the way you actually wish, even if would kill you. Otherwise you'll end up to be a bitter old man and we all know; thats no good.

Edit: Had to get rid of the smiley.

Edited by Guest

We are in the start of a journey. If you die while doing the right thing, there is no reason to care what some small minded people think. In fact you'll have no thoughs at all. Don't be too afraid to live the way you actually wish, even if would kill you. Otherwise you'll end up to be a bitter old man and we all know; thats no good.

Edit: Had to get rid of the smiley.

Are you going to the site to do your duty, yes or no?

Are you going to the site to do your duty, yes or no?

The best environments I have experienced were where the people took responsibilities and acted immediately once they saw when something was wrong.

You had the chance to do so today. Instead of fixing the immediate danger for others, you ride away from the site and started this thread. That is one way to deal with the situation.

Many Thais and many Farangs do differently. They act on the spot, fix the issue before it can cause accidents for others.

As you ask if I have done my duty, I try to do my duty. Sometimes Most of the times I feel lazy and think "someone else will clear that out". I'm sure we all do that every now and then. The last time I stopped and cleared the road to be safe for others was today. I might have been the first or 15th to see the problem on the road. I just felt it was my time to fix it as there was a real danger. This doesn't happen every day, only sometimes.

If you ask if I'm going to ride 50km to south to warn people of some hole, which is most likely be fixed already, my answer is no.

Edit: Sometimes -> Most of the times. Who am I F kidding?

Edited by Guest

So if this stupid and very boring definition part of this topic is finally over, can we finally have some F'n fun on this topic?

Shot, you know the pressure for you to produce a funny image, is higher than ever. However I trust that you can deliver.

So if this stupid and very boring definition part of this topic is finally over, can we finally have some F'n fun on this topic?

Shot, you know the pressure for you to produce a funny image, is higher than ever. However I trust that you can deliver.

Are you not able to post a funny image yourself?? If you google "holes" I am sure there will be plenty to choose from.

Just drove past TOT and the problem has been sorted by placing a huge slab of thick sheet metal over the top which In its self is dangerous to scooters(the problem was obviously known already) I don't feel the need to do anything else other than to post this update!!

Just drove past TOT and the problem has been sorted by placing a huge slab of thick sheet metal over the top which In its self is dangerous to scooters(the problem was obviously known already) I don't feel the need to do anything else other than to post this update!!

seems like its more dangerous to cars than scooter as those sheets that they placed at the underpass in construction has been halting traffic completely for a few days

seems like its more dangerous to cars than scooter as those sheets that they placed at the underpass in construction has been halting traffic completely for a few days

Maybe, what they have done is definitely better than hitting the hole.

There's 3 bigger holes than the one in chalong at the new underpass

One's hidden in water, the other two when leaving the underpass on the bypass in the right lane. very deep

Too many holes on the roads in this country, the only way to avoid injury or worse is to drive at a sensible speed with 100% concentration, I've hit a hole myself and ended up crashing luckily for me it was at 4am so no cars etc were near me, I never drive in the dark now! I also try too never drive in the rain but if I have too I drive at reduced speed.

Yes, they've covered the hole but a year ago instead of the hole we'd have been moaning about the flooding at this location. The work they've done does at least appear to have sorted this problem.

Would rather drive through a flood than hit a hole(no one drives fast through a flood here, yea right!!) yes the flooding has gone but the road surface problems have just begun, the surface is already breaking up and a sizable hole has appeared just past the lights. Edited by Badrabbit

Note to self (learned early on): never drive scooter into any unknown mud puddle, day or night.

With a larger car/pick up, often cannot be avoided, in which case, try to slow down.

One's hidden in water, the other two when leaving the underpass on the bypass in the right lane. very deep

Too many holes on the roads in this country, the only way to avoid injury or worse is to drive at a sensible speed with 100% concentration, I've hit a hole myself and ended up crashing luckily for me it was at 4am so no cars etc were near me, I never drive in the dark now! I also try too never drive in the rain but if I have too I drive at reduced speed.

I hit a hole driving from BKK to here that was so bad it knocked the fender liner down into the wheel and caused quite a loud and frightening noise, not too mention damage.

I hit a hole driving from BKK to here that was so bad it knocked the fender liner down into the wheel and caused quite a loud and frightening noise, not too mention damage.

Imagine a motorbike hitting the same hole!! it's not just holes it's also the unseen dips in the road, hit one of these recently on my CB (main highway from Surat Thani traveling North) doing approx 80kph lucky to stay in control!!

Try turning right off the bypass at the Lotus intersection * there are literally 100s of potholes for about 100m. Same on the other side & no way to avoid them. It is an absolute disgrace that the company building the underpass does not even attempt to have decent roads alongside.

The steel plates are a band aid measure. Installing new drains by TOT was done relatively quickly but restoring the road surface has turned out to be a shambles. In some places the road surface has still not been restored such as along Chao Fa West fro, Home Pro through to TOT yet the works were done last year.

Chao Fa West has been a construction zone for almost a decade now. I can't see it ever being completed and being something resembling a main artery with traffic flowing at a steady pace.

am i wrong to assume that most shops that have concrete up to the street are also encroaching on public land?

Having an actual 2 lane the whole way would help a lot

Edited by bearpolar

Chao Fa West has been a construction zone for almost a decade now. I can't see it ever being completed and being something resembling a main artery with traffic flowing at a steady pace.

am i wrong to assume that most shops that have concrete up to the street are also encroaching on public land?

Having an actual 2 lane the whole way would help a lot

In general: everything behind the electricity poles is private land, in front of the poles is public.

Road over from Patong to Karaon has had some really bad holes over the years. They are 'patched up' and the coaches or trucks some ri them up again.

Right now there is a very bad area on the hill down past Centara. The other day I noticed a m/bike hittig it and went staight into the drainage ditch. Chinese driver ... was banged up a bit, bleeding, but not critical.