Patong Police Chief dismisses slew of concerns as police volunteers go on strike

Jonathan Fairfield

wait a minute... the people 'breaking the law' by buying and possessing illegal drugs are complaining about how they get punished ? I'd like to suggest...

SIMPLY STOP breaking the law ,,, duh ?

That would be good advice, if Thai justice wasn't for sale. Most other countries you do the crime, you do the time. Here the clowns make it up as they go along.

At least they are not ripping of innocent people in this case.

People looking to by drugs are already on the wrong path off-course.

Does not warrant the rip-of but better them then other innocent people.

Should be easy for the volunteers to set up a "reverse sting" operation.-----------coffee1.gif

No chance - BiB in control no matter the evidence ...

A quiet word with the Army (who are currently 'overseeing' police operations) would help !

Relax, they will get their cut too. Lots of dosh to go around.

This is an old scam and I mentioned it several years ago. The greasy chap was working Rat U near the Millenium/Jungceylon road entry. Was rather rude too. Something about a middle aged guy in a windbreaker with cheap Chinese shoes telling me he had good "grass" that tipped me off.

Just another part of Patong's rip off formula and example of endemic entrenched corruption.

Agh! what the hell happen with you guys? Follow the link and read the full story, Foreign Volunteers were the ones who reported the issue, the drugs have been sold by Thai police.

(FOREIGN VOLUNTEER Chris McLaren, leader of the Region 8 Police volunteers, says the “sting” has been going on for years, with no action from the Patong Police.)

So many retards on this forum. AMAZING!!!

Volunteers on strike. I hope they never return...they are an embarrasment. They claim to be translators, but all the cops i have dealt with speak better English than the volunteers can speak Thai. The only reason they volunteer for is so they can get a badge and a baton