Their visibility belies scorn, harm transgender Thais face

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just becos a person is a transgender or gay doesn't mean he or she likes to be touch by a guy or girl n likewise even if I am a straight guy, it doesnt mean that a girl can touch me n get away with it. Everyone should learn to respect each other n not just becos he or she is a certain way then it means he or she should be ok with it.

I saw 2 Toms kick off once outside a Toms club.My god! it was a real wicked fight,all over a girl.Ive seen guys kick off,but that was scary.The bouncers came out and tried to stop it.And even they were Toms.i wouldnt want to be around that too often.

I dont know any Toms,but i have been told that they are really distasteful creatures.

i thought they were called dykes in the west?

Here they are called butches.

Sorry, but if you are in an all boys school and you choose to wear make up and act like a girl, you asked for it.

You go to school to learn, NOT parade your sexuality. Put on your girlie clothes and make up when you get home.

And one of the things you should learn in school is to accept people for who they are and not what you think they should be.
I do accept them, but sexuality and gender confusion do not belong in school. Neither does religion and racism.

Sure, cover it in class so everyone knows what it is. Talk about it from a scientific point of view and move on. But boys dressing like girls at school is not appropriate, ever. Neither is it appropriate in the workplace. However, what you do in your private life is up to you.

I hear you. The identity of the individual should be respected as far as possible, but I simply do not want my daughter's teacher, the transplant surgeon or the (wo)man flying my plane to look and/or behave like a piss poor Shirley Bassey tribute act or Jimmy the Psycho either for that matter. Work is work and school is school. Do your own thing in your own time. Edited by baboon

Discrimination everywhere when it comes to transgender women.

Look at some of the comments being posted on the thread concerning the murder of a transgender woman by her scum bag ex boyfriend.

Is there the same discrimination against "Toms", women who are lesbians and prefer other women as companions?

Thai TV programs feature katoeys in outrageous make-up and camp situations, but the Thais seem to love their style.

Personally, I am tolerant to gays, lesbians and whatever in-betweens there are.

They never bother me and Thailand is one of the more tolerant nations towards transgender people.

There's lots of jealousy for 'Toms'. Some of thailands most famous and most beautiful women (actresses, models) chose toms over real men and I can't blame them.

Less cheating, then being with a real male counterpart and less drama overall from my observation.

Edited by PomRakBKK

Hey, I'm very liberal on all this. But here's a thought. A woman who identifies as a women (so not transgender) can be attracted to a women. But are there any cases of a born male who identifies as a women (so is transgender) being attracted to a women? In other words a lesbian transgender women.

I'm not taking the P&%s.

It's a serious question.

There nothing wrong with that scenario in my mind, just interested to know what theretical permutations do or don't occur.

Hey, I'm very liberal on all this. But here's a thought. A woman who identifies as a women (so not transgender) can be attracted to a women. But are there any cases of a born male who identifies as a women (so is transgender) being attracted to a women? In other words a lesbian transgender women.

I'm not taking the P&%s.

It's a serious question.

There nothing wrong with that scenario in my mind, just interested to know what theretical permutations do or don't occur.

why not? probably happens all the time. My dog tries to bonk the neighbours pregnant cat, i think he is ahead of his time. Nowt so strange as folks.

Sorry, but if you are in an all boys school and you choose to wear make up and act like a girl, you asked for it.

You go to school to learn, NOT parade your sexuality. Put on your girlie clothes and make up when you get home.

And one of the things you should learn in school is to accept people for who they are and not what you think they should be.
I do accept them, but sexuality and gender confusion do not belong in school. Neither does religion and racism.

Sure, cover it in class so everyone knows what it is. Talk about it from a scientific point of view and move on. But boys dressing like girls at school is not appropriate, ever. Neither is it appropriate in the workplace. However, what you do in your private life is up to you.

I hear you. The identity of the individual should be respected as far as possible, but I simply do not want my daughter's teacher, the transplant surgeon or the (wo)man flying my plane to look and/or behave like a piss poor Shirley Bassey tribute act or Jimmy the Psycho either for that matter. Work is work and school is school. Do your own thing in your own time.

I don't think these two folks get it do they. It's not a hobby. It's not a casual offensive remark. It's not an occasional...I feel like wearing a dress as an attempt to shock. It's a deeply felt instinct of real identity. If they don't follow it, they cheat themselves every second of every day, in every way. Try to imagine that, in your life.

I became interested in this from a serious scientific and psychological perspective, before making a judgement. I took the time to speak to some transgender people, to understand how they feel. Not one of them were superficial. Before the trolls lay in, no, I did not talk to those who sell themselves for sex, as that world in LoS is fraught with potential to heavily skew the info source. (Skew not screw)

Have some compassion.

As opposed to abnormal heterosexual relationships?

The way I was brought up, a heterosexual relationship is normal.
So gays are sexual deviants?

So perceptive of you, yes they are

So left handed people are deviants too?coffee1.gif

No. Being left handed is not a decision of the mind.

I hear you. The identity of the individual should be respected as far as possible, but I simply do not want my daughter's teacher, the transplant surgeon or the (wo)man flying my plane to look and/or behave like a piss poor Shirley Bassey tribute act or Jimmy the Psycho either for that matter. Work is work and school is school. Do your own thing in your own time.

I don't think these two folks get it do they. It's not a hobby. It's not a casual offensive remark. It's not an occasional...I feel like wearing a dress as an attempt to shock. It's a deeply felt instinct of real identity. If they don't follow it, they cheat themselves every second of every day, in every way. Try to imagine that, in your life.

I became interested in this from a serious scientific and psychological perspective, before making a judgement. I took the time to speak to some transgender people, to understand how they feel. Not one of them were superficial. Before the trolls lay in, no, I did not talk to those who sell themselves for sex, as that world in LoS is fraught with potential to heavily skew the info source. (Skew not screw)

Have some compassion.

A Motörhead T shirt and studded wristband are a deeply felt instinct of real identity too. Feel free to go into any biker bar and argue otherwise. My point is that such attire is not suitable for school or the workplace.

Have some compassion.

A Motörhead T shirt and studded wristband are a deeply felt instinct of real identity too. Feel free to go into any biker bar and argue otherwise. My point is that such attire is not suitable for school or the workplace.

He still doesn't get it does he.

In addition, to the bit you don't get, is the obvious flaw in your logic. The school has some dress code, which might well not allow motorhead t shirts, but does allow the wearing of clothing that fits to sex identity. Hopefully you can at least grasp that logic? Don't fall into the trap of looking for arguments to support your emotion or subconscious driven conclusion. Even a baboon can think?

If i run around dressed as Napoleon wanting my army back i would be classed as mentally disturbed but if as a man i dress as a female and say i feel as if i am a woman inside i need recognition from society that i am a woman because i feel like one,who has gone crazy here, accept him for what he is, mentally disturbed.

If i run around dressed as Napoleon wanting my army back i would be classed as mentally disturbed but if as a man i dress as a female and say i feel as if i am a woman inside i need recognition from society that i am a woman because i feel like one,who has gone crazy here, accept him for what he is, mentally disturbed.

As are the people who vehemently defend them, unless they themselves have a secret agenda.

Having no problem with transgenders, I was suprised and then impressed to see them working openly in shops - something I've never seen in the UK. The Thais cannot be anywhere near as hostile to those who don't match the 'norm' as too many Brits! Having said this, I'm sure they still suffer discrimination in many ways.

Transgenders trying to apply make-up etc. in the school toilet is asking for trouble, but perhaps if the teachers explained and supported them it would teach tolerance?

And no, I'm not a transgender, gay or lesbian - I just don't understand why so many are derogatory (if not downright aggressive!) towards anyone who is not hetrosexual.

As are the people who vehemently defend them, unless they themselves have a secret agenda.

nonsense.

Again you try to link things that are not related.

No, they just follow the PC Pied piper

BlindMagician: I am not looking for arguments to suit the conclusion. I arrived at my conclusion by looking at the arguments. Your conclusions differ from mine but hey, that's what it takes to make a world.

The reason I am keen on uniforms not being tinkered with for example, is in no small part because I wouldn't want you, the gay lad at school or indeed anybody else different to suffer ridicule, harassment or worse, to end up having their head kicked in because of who they are underneath and I can't really think of a better way of going about preventing it from happening. It certainly isn't for any reasons of boorishness. Does that make any more sense to you?

They are related, if i feel like Napoleon and dress like him and demand to be taken seriously i see no difference to the situation of a man who feels he is a woman dresses like one and wants to be regarded as one, it is just as tragic as a man who feels he is Napoleon.

I assume you are a bloke ?

If at a young age, you told your parents you wanted to be a girl, and would dress and act accordingly, what do you think their reaction would have been ? Tears of joy ? Or tears of 'we've brought a freak into the world' ?

You will find this hard to understand, but actually we just have compassion towards others that are not harming anyone - and are just unlucky enough to not be born hetrosexual.

We know that they will have a difficult life as so many (edit - the nastier side of humanity) are intolerant towards them.

Edited by dick dasterdly

You will find this hard to understand, but actually we just have compassion towards others that are not harming anyone - and are just unlucky enough to not be born hetrosexual.

We know that they will have a difficult life as so many (edit - the nastier side of humanity) are intolerant towards them.

I wish them no harm and i have indeed interacted with some of them as i once had a girl friend who was friends with one of them, i was however definitely out of my comfort zone and wouldn't want to repeat the experience. The best of them was ugly as a man,as a woman he was horrendous,but quite nice as a person,told me all about his life and how he and his Thai boyfriend were building a house together, i dare say he was doing the brick laying as he was built like an Irish navvy.Each to his own.