Their visibility belies scorn, harm transgender Thais face

Soulbundy - so you really believe that you or your children may be corrupted by association with transgenders/gays etc.?

That explains a lot.

Fortunately, I have no fear of being 'turned' by association with those who have a different sexual orientation smile.png .

You have low reading skills don't you, perhaps you could find something of that nature that i have written and quote me on it, don't let your PC blinkers get in the way while you are reading and don't misinterpret.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to decide on your gender is like trying to decide on your nationality,you only have to look in your passport to know. Not accepting facts is a sign of mental instability. A gay man accepts that he is a man but feels attracted to other men there is medical proof that his brain has been hard wired in this way, he is not mentally unstable. Gender confusion is in my opinion a sign of mental instability no matter how sincere the feelings are. Having said that fault lies with both the teacher and the transgender person in the school, the teacher certainly shouldn't have allowed bullying in this manner although this isn't always possible,the transgender person needn't have worn his situation so openly on his sleeve, there is no need for make up in the school either for real girls or pretend girls.

Wow, you really believe that?

Blaming the victim culture is still with us it seems.

As always you cherry pick, in the wild animals have camouflage for a reason. Although the teacher gave an inappropriate answer to his complaint consider the teachers dilemma, she is there to teach not to act as a doctor for mental health issues,she could have done better at trying to solve the problem but would be doomed to failure in the long run, humans are pack animals who react to the scent of blood, which is why we have camouflage.

Again with the attempt to link gender identity to mental illness. They are not the same thing.

say's you, .

Edited by soalbundy

Soulbundy - so you really believe that you or your children may be corrupted by association with transgenders/gays etc.?

That explains a lot.

Fortunately, I have no fear of being 'turned' by association with those who have a different sexual orientation smile.png .

You have low reading skills don't you, perhaps you could find something of that nature that i have written and quote me on it, don't let your PC blinkers get in the way while you are reading and don't misinterpret.

You're right, that was a 'below the belt' comment. But I still don't understand why you have an immediate dislike of those that don't fit your idea of the 'norm'?

This attitude has lead to so many acts of murder (on a vast scale) that I question your 'independent' thinking.

Hating/ridiculing transgenders/gays etc. is mainstream - and I can't see any reason other than 'everyone must conform to my idea of normal'.

Wanting to be a transgender is obviously a mental issue.

I was born in 1960, and apart from drag artists, like Danny La Rue, who dressed up for financial gain, wanting to be transgender was virtually unheard of.

Now, in these days of the PC brigade, it appears that every Tom, Dick and Harry (literally) can decide to reinvent themselves as another gender.

It wasn't classed as normal, or accepted by everyone then, so why should it be now ?

That explains a lot.

You're right, that was a 'below the belt' comment. But I still don't understand why you have an immediate dislike of those that don't fit your idea of the 'norm'?

This attitude has lead to so many acts of murder (on a vast scale) that I question your 'independent' thinking.

Hating/ridiculing transgenders/gays etc. is mainstream - and I can't see any reason other than 'everyone must conform to my idea of normal'.

I also don't see that i have written ''immediate dislike'', transgender people make me feel uncomfortable,possibly because i don't know how to respond to them, nor have i written that they should be hated or ridiculed,just the opposite in fact. I question your ability to question my 'independent thinking' if you cant be bothered to read the content of my posts properly, take off your shining armour for a second and relax. I have far more important problems than transgender people,these posts are getting out of hand,lets just say other peoples sexual orientation leaves me cold as long as it isn't thrust into my face.

As always you cherry pick, in the wild animals have camouflage for a reason. Although the teacher gave an inappropriate answer to his complaint consider the teachers dilemma, she is there to teach not to act as a doctor for mental health issues,she could have done better at trying to solve the problem but would be doomed to failure in the long run, humans are pack animals who react to the scent of blood, which is why we have camouflage.

Again with the attempt to link gender identity to mental illness. They are not the same thing.

say's you, .

Yep.

Plenty of publications back me up as well.

Based on study and not prejudice as well.

Who'd a thunk it...

Edited by Bluespunk

...lets just say other peoples sexual orientation leaves me cold as long as it isn't thrust into my face.

Explain "thrust into my face", I'm curious.

Just trying to work out what bothers you, really.

Edited by lkv

...lets just say other peoples sexual orientation leaves me cold as long as it isn't thrust into my face.

Why, i'm not that interesting nor am i important to you.

say's you, .

Yep.

Who'd a thunk it...

You seem to be very interested in such cases but OK give me a few links

Alternatively, try explaining why you avoid contact with transgenders etc. - other than its not 'normal' so they deserve to be avoided.

That attitude is quite frightening because its so 'mainstream' - and has lead to so many massacres. Edit - not to mention beatings etc. for those that do not fit in with the the requisites of the intolerant.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Alternatively, try explaining why you avoid contact with transgenders etc. - other than its not 'normal' so they deserve to be avoided.

That attitude is quite frightening because its so 'mainstream' - and has lead to so many massacres..

Again you misquote me, of course it isn't normal but i never wrote that nor did i give my reasons for not wanting to associate with them for that reason, do try harder and go back over my posts if my opinion is of so much interest to you. It's becoming boring now so i am off to cut the grass.

say's you, .

Yep.

Who'd a thunk it...

You seem to be very interested in such cases but OK give me a few links

Google is your friend...

That attitude is quite frightening because its so 'mainstream' - and has lead to so many massacres..

Again you misquote me, of course it isn't normal but i never wrote that nor did i give my reasons for not wanting to associate with them for that reason, do try harder and go back over my posts if my opinion is of so much interest to you. It's becoming boring now so i am off to cut the grass.

OK, I'll quote:-

"I wish them no harm and i have indeed interacted with some of them as i once had a girl friend who was friends with one of them, i was however definitely out of my comfort zone and wouldn't want to repeat the experience. The best of them was ugly as a man,as a woman he was horrendous,but quite nice as a person,told me all about his life and how he and his Thai boyfriend were building a house together, i dare say he was doing the brick laying as he was built like an Irish navvy.Each to his own."

Why are you so worried about associating with transgenders?

You went on to insult those you met - again why?

Some posters will insist upon referring to the advocating of respect and tolerance towards trans-sexuals as “PC”.

You may as well say that advocating universal respect and tolerance towards all humans is also “PC”. Is showing understanding and compassion really "PC"?

I am also puzzled as to why it should be assumed that trans-sexuals (or gays or lesbians) make a simple choice about their sexual identity,

like what clothes to wear. In most cases, I would suggest that they are driven to make a life-changing choice

because of an innate and overwhelming conviction, or, arguably, a naturally occurring inclination, that the gender (or sexual orientation) they are born with

and which is considered by society as ‘normal’, is just not right for them and they clearly have a huge internal struggle to cope with it until they ‘free’ themselves

by making the choice that is right for them, knowing that the choice they make will make them vulnerable to opprobrium.

To equate that with mental illness is to take the same line as Hitler and other similarly despotic or unenlightened people regarding homosexuals.

What I am trying to defend, and promulgate, is not a trans-sexual (or gay or lesbian) lifestyle per se but the basic concepts of respect and tolerance

for those whose life choices, often so difficult but so compelling, make them 'different' and therefore open to discrimination and cruel and ignorant comments.

Strange how gays are generally more readily accepted, even subject to positive discrimination through legislative protection in many countries, and yet

trans-sexuals are not and are so often met with abuse or cruel sarcasm. Is it really "PC" to denounce such discrimination?

The point has been made so often previously but I'll re-state it anyway, the number of trans-sexuals identified as villains in so many lurid press reports,

whilst representing unacceptable and/or criminal behaviour, are, nevertheless, a very small, although highly visible, minority and one that is unrepresentative

of the trans-sexual population as a whole. The great majority wish only to lead their lives uncontroversially and be accepted in both work and social environments.

It is also very predictable, whenever someone appears to defend what amounts to basic human rights of trans-sexuals, along with gays and lesbians,

that it should attract a similarly negative reaction.

Celebrate differences, don’t denigrate them, they add colour to an otherwise dismal world!

OK, I'll quote:-

"I wish them no harm and i have indeed interacted with some of them as i once had a girl friend who was friends with one of them, i was however definitely out of my comfort zone and wouldn't want to repeat the experience. The best of them was ugly as a man,as a woman he was horrendous,but quite nice as a person,told me all about his life and how he and his Thai boyfriend were building a house together, i dare say he was doing the brick laying as he was built like an Irish navvy.Each to his own."

Why are you so worried about associating with transgenders?

You went on to insult those you met - again why?

so where did i say in that quote it isn't normal and where did i say i avoid them because of that,where does it say i am worried about associating with them ? It say's it is outside my comfort zone, valid reason i think, it doesn't say i insulted them to their face, i remarked upon the physical features of one person which was a true description, i know these days one isn't supposed to tell the truth,you cant say somebody is fat even if they weigh 200 kilo's (i do)

Sorry, but if you are in an all boys school and you choose to wear make up and act like a girl, you asked for it.

You go to school to learn, NOT parade your sexuality. Put on your girlie clothes and make up when you get home.

This seems to be a law: "If you have a penis, and you don't have a vagina, then you're a man, whatever you feel more comfortable thinking".

If you think you stand out, then that's why you put on eye-shadow and lipstick and high-heels. Might be better idea to keep your light under a bushel whatever colour it is.

You have the right to dress as you like and act as you like. Other people have the same rights. They can think whatever they like about you, so there's no point complaining if you've gone to a lot of trouble to draw attention to yourself; you want people to know that you're different, and to treat you differently but you don't like it when they do so in ways you don't like.

Get a life or find a girls school that will take you. Not PC I know, but honest.

W

Indeed you're not that interesting nor that important but you have almost taken over this whole thread.

Why will you not answer a simple question?

For us that don't understand , can you not explain further your discomfort with transgenders.

What is it that you fear?

Indeed you're not that interesting nor that important but you have almost taken over this whole thread.

Why will you not answer a simple question?

For us that don't understand , can you not explain further your discomfort with transgenders.

What is it that you fear?

Well i certainly haven't taken over this whole thread with intention, i have answered questions directed at me. I have answered the questions you refer to fully i think. I don't fear them, they are out of my comfort zone, basically i think because i have trouble responding to the ones that i have met, i can respond to a man or a woman but a transgender person is neither one or the other. Whatever, the fact that they are out of my comfort zone is good enough i don't feel the need to be JC and love everybody regardless or be PC and tip toe through life because i might offend someone otherwise.

Have you heard of Quinten Crisp? his life was played out in a film called "The naked civil servant". He referred to himself as an effeminate homosexual in the 1920's although by today's standards i think he would be regarded as a transgender or a bit of a mixture i don't think he ever expressed the willingness to be a women but he was very very effeminate. A charming man, extremely intelligent with a wonderful way of expressing himself, i saw some interviews with him before he died at 90. That would be someone who i would feel comfortable with, unfortunately people of his caliber are far and few between. He seemed to have the talent to be outrageous and discreet at the same time. Certainly the world was richer with such a person in it. Ladyboys as they are referred to here on the other hand i find rather disgusting both in appearance and the way they speak and i can speak good Thai. What the European ones are like i don't know but i feel no special need to look for them.

If you have ever seen the American series ''Married with children'' think of me as Al Bundy that would be a good description of me with all his failings and plus points.

I read through this thread and find it very sad and depressing to read some peoples ignorant and hateful views about transgendered people and LGB.s

It seems it stems from them being 'uncomfortable' around such people. They have an irrational fear of people who aren't like them, or don't act the same as they do.

They could use the same argument about black people, Muslims or Thais.... or disabled people... saying that they are not 'normal' and not like them. This is just as wrong and very childish and shows their stupidity and ignorance.

Everyone is different... no 2 humans are the same. Even you straight men.. you are all different too... and EVERYONE has different likes and dislikes what they get up to in the bedroom.

I am very surprised how insecure these (mostly straight men) are about LGB and transgendered people. I have no idea why.. only to think it is their upbringing that has made them think like this.

Always makes me laugh when straight men think a gay person will fancy them and try to have sex with them... even when the straight guy is fat, ugly and an idiot. Where this idea comes from I have no clue... but don't flatter yourselves.

Its also has a serious note.. because this negative attitude breeds contempt and discrimination against such people... who don't deserve it.

Transgendered people don't go around wearing make up and womens clothes because it turns them on. They do it because they feel comfortable and feel they are able to be their true selves.

You straight guys that are so upset and moaning about these issues need to go out and meet some of these people. make friends with them and see how their life is different from yours... and you will be disappointed that they are not having the mad crazy sexually charged and evil life you imagine. They have normal lives with the same worries and concerns as you do... they have to deal with all the problems common to everyday life.. and then they have to have the additional problems caused by people like you persecuting them, or just being cruel and ignorant.

Edited by jak2002003

I read through this thread and find it very sad and depressing to read some peoples ignorant and hateful views about transgendered people and LGB.s

It seems it stems from them being 'uncomfortable' around such people. They have an irrational fear of people who aren't like them, or don't act the same as they do.

They could use the same argument about black people, Muslims or Thais.... or disabled people... saying that they are not 'normal' and not like them. This is just as wrong and very childish and shows their stupidity and ignorance.

Everyone is different... no 2 humans are the same. Even you straight men.. you are all different too... and EVERYONE has different likes and dislikes what they get up to in the bedroom.

I am very surprised how insecure these (mostly straight men) are about LGB and transgendered people. I have no idea why.. only to think it is their upbringing that has made them think like this.

Always makes me laugh when straight men think a gay person will fancy them and try to have sex with them... even when the straight guy is fat, ugly and an idiot. Where this idea comes from I have no clue... but don't flatter yourselves.

Its also has a serious note.. because this negative attitude breeds contempt and discrimination against such people... who don't deserve it.

Transgendered people don't go around wearing make up and womens clothes because it turns them on. They do it because they feel comfortable and feel they are able to be their true selves.

You straight guys that are so upset and moaning about these issues need to go out and meet some of these people. make friends with them and see how their life is different from yours... and you will be disappointed that they are not having the mad crazy sexually charged and evil life you imagine. They have normal lives with the same worries and concerns as you do... they have to deal with all the problems common to everyday life.. and then they have to have the additional problems caused by people like you persecuting them, or just being cruel and ignorant.

whatever, i think BLUESPUNK has covered all that, except the bit about you being sad of course.

@soalbundy

So, someone like Quinten Crisp would be acceptable for you and nothing to fear.

Who's to say that you wouldn't like a Thai transgender who hasn't had their story played out in film?

To be so closed minded in my opinion is sad as you are the only one that will loose out, but as you have pointed out a million times, it's your choice .

It might be better if you didn't judge a book by it's cover.

For someone who is impressed by intelligence I hope you don't mind me saying that I find your thinking a little short of.

But thanks for giving your time to try to explain.

wai.gif

@soalbundy

So, someone like Quinten Crisp would be acceptable for you and nothing to fear.

Who's to say that you wouldn't like a Thai transgender who hasn't had their story played out in film?

To be so closed minded in my opinion is sad as you are the only one that will loose out, but as you have pointed out a million times, it's your choice .

It might be better if you didn't judge a book by it's cover.

For someone who is impressed by intelligence I hope you don't mind me saying that I find your thinking a little short of.

But thanks for giving your time to try to explain.

wai.gif

that's quite alright and i did it without insulting you.

whatever, i think BLUESPUNK has covered all that, except the bit about you being sad of course.

Very little of what I have said is related to that post. Please don't use me as your smokescreen when replying to others.

so what about pedo's or people who want sex with animals, that's also sexual orientation, different from the norm. A 30 year old man say who has consensual sex with a 14 year old would be arrested and vilified, there is a man in the USA who is campaigning for the right to have sex with his dog (the dog seems quite happy about it). Acceptance is all about the era and country we live in. Murder due to ethnic cleansing happens because the majority persecuting go along with it.

Acquainting sexual orientation and gender identity with those who sexually abuse others is a terrible thing to do.

It is appalling to attempt to link personal life style choices with abuse.

Pedophilia is not a lifestyle choice. They are what they are.

Sorry, but if you are in an all boys school and you choose to wear make up and act like a girl, you asked for it.

You go to school to learn, NOT parade your sexuality. Put on your girlie clothes and make up when you get home.

And one of the things you should learn in school is to accept people for who they are and not what you think they should be.

When I was young, girls weren't allowed to wear make up at school.

So why is a gender confused male allowed to?

My gut feel on reading the article is that it's made up by an LGBT activist.

There's a difference between school rules being enforced on all students and prejudices not being challenged.

I'm not sure what your point is.

This confused boy is complaining about the fact the boys mock him when he's putting on lipstick in the buys toilet.

Simple solution - do not wear lipstick at school - just like billions of other school children in the world.

Or so you consider that to be oppression?

Hey, I'm very liberal on all this. But here's a thought. A woman who identifies as a women (so not transgender) can be attracted to a women. But are there any cases of a born male who identifies as a women (so is transgender) being attracted to a women? In other words a lesbian transgender women.

I'm not taking the P&%s.

It's a serious question.

There nothing wrong with that scenario in my mind, just interested to know what theretical permutations do or don't occur.

Yes

No. It is essential to know that it is important to accept that people are different and that it is wrong to persecute and discriminate against them for being so.

Maybe explained to them that they have 2 choices, accept or not accept.

But you want them brainwashed that it should be accepted by EVERYONE !

Some of the greatest crimes against humanity have been committed by those who viewed people who differed from the norm, be it on the grounds of faith, gender identity, sexuality, politics, as being deviants/unnatural/something to be despised.

And that is bad thing?

We have been doing this for a hundred thousand years..... and homo erectus (no silly boy not jinghtnihg) has evolved and getting stronger.

Why is that the homosexual posters rally to the defense of the transgender people. They are nothing alike in thoughts deeds or actions.

Oh and by the way I have a very good friend who is transgender (actually 2).......no homosexuals though.

so what about pedo's or people who want sex with animals, that's also sexual orientation, different from the norm. A 30 year old man say who has consensual sex with a 14 year old would be arrested and vilified, there is a man in the USA who is campaigning for the right to have sex with his dog (the dog seems quite happy about it). Acceptance is all about the era and country we live in. Murder due to ethnic cleansing happens because the majority persecuting go along with it.

Acquainting sexual orientation and gender identity with those who sexually abuse others is a terrible thing to do.

It is appalling to attempt to link personal life style choices with abuse.

Pedophilia is not a lifestyle choice. They are what they are.

Where did I say it was?