Pattaya Police Raid: Gamblers Arrested

webfact

Pattaya Police Raid: Gamblers Arrested
Story by Vanessa Saenngarm

p3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 12.30 pm on 4 June 2016 Pol Capt Wissanu Chaisuwan,Sub Inspector Suppression of Pattaya Police received a tip from good citizens that there was gambling going on in the rental room on Soi 9 or Soi Sanammuay (Boxing) Central Pattaya, Banglamung, Chonburi.

The Captain and his team raided the room and found gamblers inside playing cards and having good time.

There were 7 of them, 2 men and 5 women. All were arrested and police impounded a set of playing cards and 40 baht.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224908/pattaya-police-raid-gamblers-arrested/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-06

Ah but, the law is the law and gambling is illegal irrespective of the amount of money involved.

All laws are applied equitably in Thailand. Unless of course you are a monk, have embezeled 137 Billion Baht or so, drive a Merc or Ferrari, a relative of a policeman or have a "connected" surname..........to be continued. Bored now.

Wow!! Gambling and all they found was 40 baht. We got some high rollers here. Good work for the RTP Pattaya. This is an improvement compared to the old foreigners they raided the last time who had a card club.

maybe playing strip poker?

Maybe they were playing go fish or using the cards to learn basic mathematics.

With only 40 baht between them they certainly weren't gambling.

I think the biggest problem here was that they were having a good time.

Thats almost 6 Baht per dangerous criminal.

The RTP once again doing what they do best. Confirming they really are a bunch of fools!

Why criticise the police and join the bunch of fools? They were acting on a tip off about illegal gambling, they weren't to know how much money there was on the premises. What if it had been 400,000 baht. Would that have made a difference, would they still be "a bunch of fools"?

Those youngsters look like a real bunch of hardend criminals. I hope the good citizens continue with their noble crusade, especially if others are having fun.

Youngsters? There's no youngster there, unless you're referring to the four females whose faces you cannot see.

Must be yet another slow crime day in pattaya.

The murder attributed to Pattaya on another thread, was in Huay Yai, not Pattaya.

I wish pattaya one would publish some real news, all this police and ambulance chasing is a bit desperate.

Edited by Roomuck

Thats almost 6 Baht per dangerous criminal.

The RTP once again doing what they do best. Confirming they really are a bunch of fools!

Why criticise the police and join the bunch of fools? They were acting on a tip off about illegal gambling, they weren't to know how much money there was on the premises. What if it had been 400,000 baht. Would that have made a difference, would they still be "a bunch of fools"?

If I was in charge of this investigation I would be arresting the person who gave me the 'tip off' for wasting police time.

Can you prove they were gambling, if 400,000 baht had been found then yes, but 40 baht is a no. I had a pack of playing cards next to a jar of change with had a couple of hundred baht in it in my bedroom. Never even got round to taking the cards out of the packet. But you would have me down as a big time criminal.