British court gives 22 life sentences to pedophile

webfact

LONDON (AP) — A court in Britain has sentenced a former schoolteacher to 22 life sentences for child abuse after using his position teaching English in Malaysia to gain access to victims.

Judge Peter Rook sentenced 30-year-old freelance photographer Richard Huckle on Monday to serve a minimum of 25 years for 71 offenses against children aged between six months and 12 years from 2006 to 2014.

The National Crime Agency arrested Huckle in 2014 and found 20,000 indecent images on his computer, 1,117 of which showed him raping and abusing children in his care. Huckle also created a 60-page "how to" guide for other pedophiles seeking to evade getting caught. He also kept a scorecard tallying the number of children abused.

Huckle groomed children while posing as a Christian English teacher and philanthropist.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-06-07

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to note the difference in punishment this lad got, and the lads that carried out over 1,600 gang rapes of vulnerable and even handicapped children in care in Rotherham, Bradford, Oxford and across the UK. 71 offenses against children vs over 1,600 offenses against children. Now, my posts always disappear when I claim there is a dichotomy in applied law as regards white ethnic Britains and "southerners" so I will not make this claim again. Perhaps some savvy poster can explain why such incredible differences for 2 revolting crimes. FTR I know why - I'm just not allowed to say why.

If he was sentenced in Norway, he'd get a comfy warm room, laundry service, 3 good meals a day, computer, TV, use of library, clean sheets/towels. I don't know if it's that cushy in the UK, but I wouldn't shed a tear if death penalty were used for those convicted of heinous crimes.

If he was sentenced in Norway, he'd get a comfy warm room, laundry service, 3 good meals a day, computer, TV, use of library, clean sheets/towels. I don't know if it's that cushy in the UK, but I wouldn't shed a tear if death penalty were used for those convicted of heinous crimes.

People like you don't deserve to live in a democracy that has - rightly - abolished atrocities like capital punishment.

People like you don't deserve to live in a democracy that has - rightly - abolished atrocities like capital punishment.

He could be released when he's 55 that's about 4 months per offence he owned up to, or about 1.5 month if you accept the 200 victim figure

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Would you say the same had he raped your granddaughter, grandson, daughter, son? The world is overpopulated already. I'll leave it at that.

He'll likely be protected in isolation for a time. If he ended up in general pop they'd take him apart. Personally think he should be shipped off to Malaysia where he committed most of his crimes. Perhaps Malaysia can put in a request to take him after he's done his UK stint. This person should never be allowed back on the streets.

Yet again, the British taxpayer has to fork out an extortionate amount of money, to keep another excuse of a human being in relative comfort, with the extra security, to deter other inmates from maiming or killing him.

I'm glad I don't contribute anymore.

Would you say the same had he raped your granddaughter, grandson, daughter, son? The world is overpopulated already. I'll leave it at that.

And that is why sentencing should always be applied objectively. Other than providing victim impact statements, victims and families of victims should have no direct part in sentencing.

They will take care of him in Prison.

Meaning he'll get beaten up or Killed in prison, not a chance, he'll be more protected if anything, no chance will he ever be allowed with the general prison population, if he was and something happened to him, he'd sue the Prison Service, times have changed.

Besides, he'll no doubt end up in HMP Whatton where he'll be in similar company.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32085076

to serve a minimum of 25 years for 71 offenses

Do I understand correctly? A "life sentence" in actuality is just a little bit over one year?

They can be handed out concurrently or consecutively.

Looks like he has the concurrent version, with a minimum of 25 years.

British paedophile who abused 23 children was sentenced to life

LONDON: -- British paedophile Richard Huckle who sexually abused 23 Malaysian and Cambodian children over almost a decade has been sentenced by a London court today (Tuesday) to life imprisonment, according to New Straits Times Online today.

Meanwhile, Malaysian police will seek cooperation from United Kingdom’s National Crime Agency for details on the convict to facilitate the identification of his victims.

Deputy Inspector-General of the Police Tan Sri nor Rashid Ibrahim told Bernama Monday night that 23 children have so been identified as victims and the police would intensify investigations into their backgrounds.

He said authorities were also trying to identify places which were patronized by Huckle during his eight-year stay in Malaysia.

Noor Rashid also called on relevant authorities in all countries to share information on paedophile perpetrators to prevent a recurrence of similar incidents.

Huckle was given 22 life sentences and would serve at least 23 years in prison for his crimes against impoverished victims aged between six months to 11 years.

He pleaded guilty to 71 offences and was found with over 20,000 indecent images of children on his computer and camera when he was arrested at Gatwick Airport in 2014 in London.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/166315

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-07

Wow,,, you're not Serious are you?,,,, You Talk like that you are a Rockspider too,,,, You're next,,, bah.gif

Are you in Thailand? I agree with you that the death penalty has no place in a justice system that is too easily influenced by corruption, public opinion, and bias. For the most part, I oppose the death penalty because it is too easy a punishment for many people...I cannot think of anything more horrible than spending years in prison...I'd prefer the death penalty over a life sentence, personally...

but if you are opposed so vehemently to the death penalty, why are you in Thailand where the death penalty can be given for relatively minor crimes? every baht you spend every day goes to support a legal system and practices you surely find most unsettling...

Laws enforced unequally is racist, fuels hatred and will ultimately lead to vigilante justice. Had this been a caucasian he would be called a pedophile and jailed for a long time. The evidence that a certain group are essentially above the law is clear as day. I'm not sure why it is classed as trolling and inflammatory post just pointing out what is bleeding obvious. Laws should either be scrapped or applied without bias across the board.

Interesting to note the difference in punishment this lad got, and the lads that carried out over 1,600 gang rapes of vulnerable and even handicapped children in care in Rotherham, Bradford, Oxford and across the UK. 71 offenses against children vs over 1,600 offenses against children. Now, my posts always disappear when I claim there is a dichotomy in applied law as regards white ethnic Britains and "southerners" so I will not make this claim again. Perhaps some savvy poster can explain why such incredible differences for 2 revolting crimes. FTR I know why - I'm just not allowed to say why.

One can only agree with the above.

Like you possibly implied, maybe it has to do with origins, colour, language, cultural background, religion, whatever.

I wonder, 22 life sentences, possibly out in 25 years?

I do!

Nothing wrong at all about capital punishment itself. When it is applied incorrectly or unlawfully yes, but as a way of ridding the world of the truly evil among us, nothing better.

And that is why sentencing should always be applied objectively. Other than providing victim impact statements, victims and families of victims should have no direct part in sentencing.

I strongly believe that the families of victims MUST forgive the poor soul who killed or raped their loved ones, just like this wonderful man in Indian has done. He is a role model for the world!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549603/Indian-dad-chops-hands-man-accused-raping-baby-daughter.html

If he was sentenced in Norway----he would have been sentenced in a country which has the lowest recidivism rate in the world.

Everyone leaves prison to become someone's neighbour sooner or latter----this guy got 25 years so he could be 55 years old when he comes out and still sexual active. Would it be better to put him in an American Jail -- Within five years of release, more then three-quarters (76.6 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/22/america-s-recidivism-nightmare.html

Or would you like him to attend psychological classes and assessment of his crimes, & yes even be given the use of a computer (can you imagine what it would be like trying to get a job in 25 years time if you don't even know how to work a computer)

No one is defending his crimes----but like everyone--he will be released one day---and live somewhere (maybe near you) you can treat him in a way that makes 77 people out of every 100 in America do it again, or the way they do in Norway----where less than 19 people out of 100 are re-jailed.

By the way boomarang....something that has always confused me about the thinking (or lack of it) with people like you---so maybe you can answer it-- if its so great & comfy & wonderful in the jails in Norway--why do hardly any offenders want to go back again ??????

We know how bad Thai jails are------& they have nearly 60% of people return.

Unsuccessful reintegration and recidivism in Thailand have been alarming problems-www.unafei.or.jp/english/pdf/RS_No74/No74_15PA_Rujjanavet.pdf

Edited by oxo1947