Phuket holds ceremony to mark launch of Rajabhakti Park

webfact

Phuket holds ceremony to mark launch of Rajabhakti Park

The Phuket News

1465533758_1-org.jpg
As part of the ceremony, 70 monks were given alms by those in attendance. Photo: Rassada Municipality

PHUKET: More than 5,000 people turned up yesterday (June 9) for the an official ceremony to marl the launch of Rajabhakti Park which will sit on Surin Beach. The park will be built in honour of HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej and HM Queen Sirikit.

Fourth Army Region Deputy Commander Maj Gen Khunawat Morkaew presided over a ceremony to mark the launch of Rajabhakti Park at 9am, a ceremony which was also held to honour of King Bhumibol’s 70th year on the throne and the seventh cycle birthday of HM Queen Sirikit
Also in attendance at the ceremony were Governor Chamroen Tipyapongtada, Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat, Vice Governor Khajornkiet Rakpanichmanee, government officials, students,and residents.

Gov Chamroen said, “We are following through with the road map set out by the beach organising committee according to the Phuket Beach Model .

“It was decided by the committee that Surin Beach should be an area dedicated to the King and Queen, and the first phrase of the project will see this area developed into Rajabhakti Park using a budget of over B60 million,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-holds-ceremony-to-mark-launch-of-rajabhakti-park-57809.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-10

I went down to Surin Beach this morning. Nice view of the sea, not more than 10 foreign tourists who, like me, stayed no more than 5 minutes because there was absolutely sod-all to do. No food to buy, no drinks to buy, no seats, no deckchairs, no loungers, no umbrellas, no tourist souvenirs, no restaurants, nothing, nada...

Still, nice view of the sea.

I went down to Surin Beach this morning. Nice view of the sea, not more than 10 foreign tourists who, like me, stayed no more than 5 minutes because there was absolutely sod-all to do. No food to buy, no drinks to buy, no seats, no deckchairs, no loungers, no umbrellas, no tourist souvenirs, no restaurants, nothing, nada...

Still, nice view of the sea.

Sounds good to me. Especially the number of tourists.