Thai artist is selling this drawing for THB88 million

webfact

Thai artist is selling this drawing for THB88 million
By Coconuts Bangkok

art1_1.jpg
Photo: National News Bureau of Thailand

BANGKOK: -- An artist in Southern province of Yala has become talk of town after he put up his drawing online and is trying to sell it for a whopping price of THB88 million.

Pinid Kaewklaeye, 38, said this fountain pen artwork is called "The Eye of Legend,” and he started working on the painting when he was 12 after he was hit with a life-changing lesson.

"I started searching for the meaning of this painting when I was in Mathayom 1 after because I found a quote that said ‘it is not important what I took with me from this world but rather what I left for it," the artist wrote on Facebook.

“I didn’t understand that, at first. So I searched for the meaning. I asked people and did research in the library.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/06/10/thai-artist-selling-drawing-thb88-million

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-06-10

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So a bunch of pen colored squares and circles and shapes that he started doodling with as a little kid is now considered valuable art work. Or is he asking money because he actually opened a book and found a quote that led him to ask people what it meant?

I realize I am being critical but jeez!

This is not the first time Pinid has tried to sell the painting. In 1996, he sat on the street near Silpakorn University in Bangkok and tried to sell the drawing for THB19 million, according to NNT.

Panid said a foreign couple stopped their car to check out the artwork. They offered THB10 million, but he refused

I used to do stuff like that in my teens. Why do people have to be so greedy? Best way to get some real money for artwork is to die, though with a name like Pinid Kaewklaeye it's not gonna be easy. You should've taken the 10, you nitwit!

I'd rather pay 88 million for that than call modern art "art" when they just put up a blank canvas or whatever stupendous retardation and claim that to be art.

In the end it's up to the beholder, for I likewise can see no value in a Picasso myself among others.

I've got a slightly used stained pair of underwear that I am auctioning of to the highest bidder.

The reserve is set at 0b.

Pretty much the same article.

Edited by Rayk

When asked what his drawing means, he said the meaning is written on the back of it, and the person who buys it will get to find out.

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

There... That guys understand human nature and how many stupid persons can be found on the www at least...

Might work clap2.gif

----------

Tho I am afraid he has a very tough competition already because the answer is already well known and has already been given at least twice...

The meaning of life.... is somewhere around 42... or 44 :)

Edited by CantSpell

So a bunch of pen colored squares and circles and shapes that he started doodling with as a little kid is now considered valuable art work. Or is he asking money because he actually opened a book and found a quote that led him to ask people what it meant?

I realize I am being critical but jeez!

Have you been to a museum of modern art lately. I think the qualifications for modern art painting are a rubber suit, gallons of paint different colors and a large canvas. Stand back 6 feet and have at it. After it quits flowing give it a name.

7b63114a54b6cebf630111057610b711.jpg

Know who is reponsible for this hamfisted daubing? And what it may have sold for? Fingerpaint copy of a Google image. Such as the value of "Art" these days.

That is a George Bush original is it not? At least it is done in his style. So maybe a copy by one of his apprentices. biggrin.png