Rotating Lazer Level

carlyai

Looking for a lazer level for levelling ground over about 60 m and swimming pool site construction.

Yep, I can use the water method but I'd like a lazer level.

Don't see many Thai suppliers and prices and to get one from China they want US $ 100 for freight.

On another post someone said to look around the area of Baan Moor in Chinatown.

I will be in Banggers next weekend and can look around.

Any ideas?

1. most - even the more expensive laser levels - have an error margin of 3mm over 30m.

2. you don't need a tripod, create a fixed point on your building site, i.e. a concrete pad, something that does not move or shift, and place your gadget on top while it is still moist to create a footprint. after that, no more need ever to re - calculate your rl's.

1. most - even the more expensive laser levels - have an error margin of 3mm over 30m.

2. you don't need a tripod, create a fixed point on your building site, i.e. a concrete pad, something that does not move or shift, and place your gadget on top while it is still moist to create a footprint. after that, no more need ever to re - calculate your rl's.

Not trying to be funny, but +_3mm would be the accuracy using a water level wouldn't it?

Also,may I make a guess where this laser inaccuracy comes from?

Years ago I worked in microwave line-of-site communication, and atmospheric conditions would cause the electromagnetic wave to bend, so when you had an atmospheric temperature inversion, the transmitting signal would be bent away from the reciever.

As lasers are using a uhf then the atmosphere could bend the besm causing the error.

Is this right, or should I have another Leooo?

Not trying to be funny, but +_3mm would be the accuracy using a water level wouldn't it?

Years ago I worked in microwave line-of-site communication, and atmospheric conditions would cause the electromagnetic wave to bend, so when you had an atmospheric temperature inversion, the transmitting signal would be bent away from the reciever.

As lasers are using a uhf then the atmosphere could bend the besm causing the error.

don't know and does it matter?

the label under my dewalt and topcon lasers state and in - accuracy of +- 3mm over 30m.

and, yes, provided you can shield your water pipe level from wind, it would be a lot more accurate.

as for the practicalities of loosing or gaining 6mm over 60m - it depends what you build, i suppose.

the thing that really stands out here is that you appear to drink LEO !!!! bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

don't know and does it matter?

the label under my dewalt and topcon lasers state and in - accuracy of +- 3mm over 30m.

and, yes, provided you can shield your water pipe level from wind, it would be a lot more accurate.

as for the practicalities of loosing or gaining 6mm over 60m - it depends what you build, i suppose.

the thing that really stands out here is that you appear to drink LEO !!!! bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Hi I also needed a lazer last April couldn't find up at korat so down to the local hardware for 50mtr of 20mm clear plastic tube i got the job done but will take one from oz next time $800 oz dollars self leveling 300m rotary with reseaver

I ordered one on La*** web site. Cost B 3000, bought A$100.

Says only good for approx 50 m, turnable but not rotating. Has a receiver.

No tripod or measuring stick.

I've previously chevked the yard using a water level, so will see how it checks with the laser level.

PM me in the future if you don't want you don't want to buy one in Aus. and I'll tell you if it's any good or not.

What's wrong with an ordinary survey level? The only advantage of a lazer level is that it saves one man on the job.Labour is cheap in Thailand so why worry.

because every additional person involved is an additional source of a potential f..k - up.

i had a labourer once who placed the staff on his boot so it would not get dirty!!!

and - have you ever tried to read a dumpy (that what the aussis call them) with your glasses on?

What's wrong with an ordinary survey level? The only advantage of a lazer level is that it saves one man on the job.Labour is cheap in Thailand so why worry.

because every additional person involved is an additional source of a potential f..k - up.

i had a labourer once who placed the staff on his boot so it would not get dirty!!!

and - have you ever tried to read a dumpy (that what the aussis call them) with your glasses on?

Us_land_survey_officer.jpg

Seemed fairly easy when I wanted to buy a Bosch optical level and a Bosch laser range finder in Buriram, I went to several Buriram Home Improvement Stores and spoke with the Bosch Thailand Product representatives. Frankly some were not keen on a special order, while other hardware store employees were fine with a written price quote and how long it would take to arrive. Some brands of rotating laser levels that I was unfamiliar with were on display at several Buriram Builders Merchants Stores. If I could find this Bosch optical level and laser range finders in Buriram Isaan it must be readily available in Bangkok.

post-20604-0-10028900-1465887425_thumb.j

it's an advertisement photo. the guy is way too clean wink.png.

you try it yourself in the early hours of a bright, sunny day...

and than re - check with a laser level.

and do you see that piece of vertical bar attached to the grader right behind that guy's helmet?

that's where the laser reader for the automatic profiling system of that machine is attached to.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, MarcIssan said:

I'm looking for the same...rotary laser, receiver, and tripod.  Can you share where you got yours and if you ever found a suitable tripod?  39,000 bt for a Bosch is crazy expensive.

I bought a laser level (Pumpkin brand), with carry case and tripod for 3,500 baht at local hardware shop  in Pattaya. Contact Pumpkin for local supplier. You can also get on Lazada, there are many options.Make sure you buy a laser with Outdoor mode.

The receiver I bought on Ali Express for 1,500 baht. It took 2 weeks for delivery.

Works well and able to detect up to 40 metres. The laser has to rotated manually for detection.

8 minutes ago, carlyai said:

That's well done.
You have obviously tried the laser transmitter and receiver/detector together.

What is the brand of the detector you bought on Ali?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Yes, I have used them to determine levels for earth fill on new property.

The detector was unbranded but it was bought from Fashion Sky Co. Ltd store. The model number is  GFD5GFH.

There are many detector options on Ali Express. 

There was a similar detector on Lazada Thailand but its price was around 7,000 baht.

I levelled up and down stairways, across sports fields and motorways as well as the usual building site jobs using an optical level. Most of Europe and indeed the world was mapped out using optical levels. Believe me, the average Joe Bloggs really doesn't need a laser level.