true move internet and tv packages unlimited internet?

Many of these packages clearly state that you can have 15 or 10 mbps downloads and.or uploads. That is very clear. On the other hand, when asked it is claimed that there is not a monthly limit like 30 gb. or whatever, like they have for phones. I never ever see nay mention of the term unlimited monthly use. What am I missing? I must admit that my Thai sucks! smile.png

I think True Online does have some fair-use terminology in their service agreements. These may be limits on Mega-Bytes per Hour.

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/product-service/super-fiber/entry/5347

(click on Terms and Conditions, use Google Translate, scroll down to sec. 1.8)

I am pretty sure 3BB also have similar rate limits (MB/hr)

Not sure what the practical implications of these limits are (service interruption vs. warning vs. termination, etc.). Nor are there total aggregate monthly caps, as there may be in other countries (Comcast, an ISP in the U.S. recently raised their monthly limit from 300 GB to 1 TB.)

post-33808-0-16762200-1465734033_thumb.j

Edited by mtls2005

True online never enforced these speed limits to me and yes I downloaded like hell from my dedicated server via Singapore proxy (for max speed) non stop for several days.

I think True online network tech workers unable to do this. Or they simply don't care.

I think True Online does have some fair-use terminology in their service agreements. These may be limits on Mega-Bytes per Hour.

Not sure what the practical implications of these limits are (service interruption vs. warning vs. termination, etc.). Nor are there total aggregate monthly caps, as there may be in other countries (Comcast, an ISP in the U.S. recently raised their monthly limit from 300 GB to 1 TB.)

Thanks. Much appreciated. Yes, "aggregate monthly cap" is what I am confused about. I never see anyone or any information specifying these caps. I was told by one staff that these packages are unlimited. Really? You can use an unlimited amount of data per month! WOW! If this is so, this is great! But, is this true?

Yes it is true - but as said above there is fair usage so if you are continually running 24 hours a day at above the stated download rate there could be issues - so best to limit download speeds a bit. Obviously if you were using 30 service on the above and had more than 97,200MB download total a day there might be issues.

Thanks. Much appreciated. Yes, "aggregate monthly cap" is what I am confused about. I never see anyone or any information specifying these caps. I was told by one staff that these packages are unlimited. Really? You can use an unlimited amount of data per month! WOW! If this is so, this is great! But, is this true?

Well obviously you should review the terms and conditions of your service agreement before signing.

And most service agreements will contain sections with generally broad conditions re: their rights versus yours; their ability to change terms with notice, cancel, etc.. And you agree not to do anything "illegal". Note that Thailand just enacted a huge new set of Computer Crime amendments, which may or may not impact home broadband users going forward?

All that aside, I honestly have not heard about any official or unofficial monthly volume caps on home broadband service here.

I used a seedbox here for a few years, and while that service was on a host-based server with gigabit service, I would often saturate my line for days at a time downloading from the seedbox to my home network without issues.

(Mobile 3G/4G data service, where "unlimited", is almost always capped by volume, with speed restrictions once that cap is exceeded.)