Is the sole purpose of having a dog here to let it poop in the street.

Well, I am sure that the owners do not have the sole purpose of having a dog be where it poops... and you might be careful in thinking that the police are on your side, they might just be giving you the polite agreement and not wanting to provoke a confrontation... they might just side with these people who keep their dogs solely to poop in the street... be careful with getting too upset and irritated here, even if you are right.

Obviously you have never spoken to the police on such a matter. They are willing to intervene and have twice before dragged off the offending owner to be reprimanded in the station.

It's irresponsible pet ownership, no doubt about it.

Why don't you buy a little fold up spade and EVERYTIME you see one of your neighbors let their dog do this, scoop the poop and send it sailing into their yards.

Easy & fun.

The thing is they are not necessarily being irresponsible to the pet in letting it poop on the street. They are showing irresponsibility to their neighbors in doing so. Dirty bleeping bleeping bleeping is what I'd call them. Take ten showers a day then have your dog poop in the street. Yuck.

This morning I saw a dog poop in the street where children every evening kick a ball around. I chased the dog, found the owner and reprimanded her. I was told if I didn't shut up she'd call the police. Welcome, go ahead was my answer knowing that the police are on my side. When I take my pooch out later for her daily stroll I shall do as you suggest but not into the yard but in front of, on the public street right outside her gate. She how she like it. To send it over the gate might be just a little too much to begin with.

"..knowing etc.." - you know that for a fact and curious as to why that is the case. I would have thought that they could not give a s**t wink.png

Yes I know it for a FACT. I would not have written it otherwise.

Why dont you ask the French that or many Americans...you think this only happens in Thailand?

Youre a guest here, who are you to tell Thais what they can, cannot do?

I don't live in France or America why would I ask them. Where have I stated that this ONLY happens in Thailand? Stupid comment.

I may be a guest but am entitled to the protection of the LAW the same as anybody here. I am not trying to tell a Thai what they can or cannot do. I'm asking them to be decent people and comply with the laws that they made. Who can argue that dog sh!t in the street in a good thing. They all know it isn't but just try and get away with it....until they meet me that is.

Grow a backbone and perhaps some balls.

Why dont you ask the French that or many Americans...you think this only happens in Thailand?

I don't live in France or America why would I ask them. Where have I stated that this ONLY happens in Thailand? Stupid comment.

I may be a guest but am entitled to the protection of the LAW the same as anybody here. I am not trying to tell a Thai what they can or cannot do. I'm asking them to be decent people and comply with the laws that they made. Who can argue that dog sh!t in the street in a good thing. They all know it isn't but just try and get away with it....until they meet me that is.

You said, "Is the sole purpose of having a dog *here*(Thailand) to let it poop in the street?" What did you mean by that if not implying this only happens in Thailand and not your home country(presumably US) or anywhere else?

The bottom line is you're not entitled to anything in Thailand despite what the laws say. Youre a guest, in a developing country, where many laws are *loosely* enforced.

You can yell, scream and create all the drama you want(which is very typical of Americans btw) but it's not going to improve your situation.

To the Thais, all you do is come across as a whining little bitch.

Dog in Farangland. Upon reaching sexual maturity or before the caring, loving farang dog owner chops your nuts off. You are now a ladyboydog. You spend most of your life alone, locked up in a backyard waiting for your owner to arrive home at night and feed you some canned <deleted>.

Even if you manage to escape, you probably won't find any other dogs to socialize with as they will all be locked up and some human in a van with a rope will catch you and lock you in a cage. If your owner doesn't come and get you in two weeks you are put on death row and murdered.

You might be lucky to go out once a day with your owner with a chain around your neck and told where to walk.

Dog in Thailand. Hold on to those precious nuts, you are a man dog. Bitches everywhere. Free to cruise around and hump as many as you can. Also sniff around and score some tasty Thai food that is in abundance because Thai people always order too much and there is plenty of leftovers. Different everyday. Tasty.

Cruise on up to the temple where you find your mates and a few bitches and probably somebody leaving piles of food for you when you are worn out humping the bitches. No chains.

A lot of the typical farang better than Thai superiority comments here. I think Thai dogs are given a better life than their farang ladyboy dog cousins and if you asked them they would agree.

If I come back as a dog I hope i am a Thai dog. (Except in Sakon Nakon)

Is this an analogy for your life in Thailand vs your homeland ?

While many dogs are treated well here, I'd hazard a guess and suggest that animal welfare is nowhere near the standard it is at in our home countries... How available are vets ? putting a dog out of its misery in its final years ?

The abundance of soi dogs with mange and manky diseases ?.... dogs locked in cars... domestic pets locked up barking all day in the heat...

Of course there is good and bad in every country... but I suspect 'a dogs life' is better back home...

Owners here are far less responsible - this thread and the comments is a good example of that.

You said, "Is the sole purpose of having a dog *here*(Thailand) to let it poop in the street?" What did you mean by that if not implying this only happens in Thailand and not your home country(presumably US) or anywhere else?

The bottom line is you're not entitled to anything in Thailand despite what the laws say. Youre a guest, in a developing country, where many laws are *loosely* enforced.

You can yell, scream and create all the drama you want(which is very typical of Americans btw) but it's not going to improve your situation.

I did not imply anything. However it appears that you want to read more into what is written and fantasize.. This is a forum for Thailand and I was writing about Thailand. I know little of what happens in other countries having spent more than half my long life here. I did not write ONLY and most certainly did not mean ONLY. Perhaps you need new spectacles.

"Not entitled to anything". BS. Again you're showing lack of backbone and NO balls. Of course I am entitled to the same protection of the law ... where does it say otherwise except in your writings.

yes I will yell, scream,. and create drama even though I am not American (another dream of yours) because I am right not only because of the law but from the simple fact of being human. What human would allow their dog to poop in a public street outside their neighbors gate and expect to get away with it? A dirty, filthy, lazy, stupid one.

To most Thais I would think you come across as a weak kneed individual who is somebody to be shat all over.

I did not imply anything. However it appears that you want to read more into what is written and fantasize.. This is a forum for Thailand and I was writing about Thailand. I know little of what happens in other countries having spent more than half my long life here. I did not write ONLY and most certainly did not mean ONLY. Perhaps you need new spectacles.

"Not entitled to anything". BS. Again you're showing lack of backbone and NO balls. Of course I am entitled to the same protection of the law ... where does it say otherwise except in your writings.

yes I will yell, scream,. and create drama even though I am not American (another dream of yours) because I am right not only because of the law but from the simple fact of being human. What human would allow their dog to poop in a public street outside their neighbors gate and expect to get away with it? A dirty, filthy, lazy, stupid one.

To most Thais I would think you come across as a weak kneed individual who is somebody to be shat all over.

Good luck with that attitude. You will give yourself a heart attack before long getting angry about such things that commonplace in Thailand.
Constantly whining and creating drama about things you cant control is nothing to be proud of. It just shows everyone what an insecure, belligerent loud mouth you are.
Maybe your entitlement mentality will have better results in your home country.

Good luck with that attitude. You will give yourself a heart attack before long getting angry about such things that commonplace in Thailand.
Constantly whining and creating drama about things you cant control is nothing to be proud of. It just shows everyone what an insecure, belligerent loud mouth you are.

And good luck to you being walked over for the rest of your life. Apathy must be your moto.

I can guess who wears the pants in your house and it most certainly isn't you.

And good luck to you being walked over for the rest of your life. Apathy must be your moto.

You sound like that Farang woman complaining about roosters crowing near the house she was renting.
Most agreed what an imbecile she was for creating drama about something that happens daily in Thailand.
Are you that same woman?

Above are the responses of normal objection.

If you take note you will see that (probably) all the dogs that poop anywhere but at home location are males. Not only will they poop but will pee on anything any other dog has peed on. Sometimes in the haste of competition they will pee on each other! If you are unlucky they will pee on your leg as well. ( If that happens Thais go quickly to the Monks to remove "bad luck".) Owners prefer males because it avoids the problem of puppies.

Resolution? Collect the offending deposits and put in very dry paper. Place at entrance of dog owner as can be identified. Set fire to paper and knock on door or push call button. Then leave rapidy. (2) Get a really big dog of your own and feed it well with very wet food and let it go outside on the street as appropriate.(3) Accept the fact. cheesy.gif

You would jump my locked gate to put a baggy of poo at my door ?.

Probably not. But if thebag of poo was at your front gate would you promise to unlock and open to stomp on the bag ?tongue.png

Above are the responses of normal objection.

If you take note you will see that (probably) all the dogs that poop anywhere but at home location are males. Not only will they poop but will pee on anything any other dog has peed on. Sometimes in the haste of competition they will pee on each other! If you are unlucky they will pee on your leg as well. ( If that happens Thais go quickly to the Monks to remove "bad luck".) Owners prefer males because it avoids the problem of puppies.

Resolution? Collect the offending deposits and put in very dry paper. Place at entrance of dog owner as can be identified. Set fire to paper and knock on door or push call button. Then leave rapidy. (2) Get a really big dog of your own and feed it well with very wet food and let it go outside on the street as appropriate.(3) Accept the fact. cheesy.gif

You would jump my locked gate to put a baggy of poo at my door ?.

Probably not. But if thebag of poo was at your front gate would you promise to unlock and open to stomp on the bag ?tongue.png

yeah for sure cheesy.gif

In the street outside my house we have dog poop, cow pats, and buffalo puddings. Then there is the chicken droppings on the gate and the pigeon poo on the windows.

I don't want to go around bagging up all that shit and taking it the the animals owners houses to complain.

I find the hot sun dries all out and it just washes away in the heavy rain anyway. Not a problem. I have more important things to worry about than animal droppings and who's animal they belong to. Some people have a very boring life to get worked up over such things.

You sound like that Farang woman complaining about roosters crowing near the house she was renting.
Most agreed what an imbecile she was for creating drama about something that happens daily in Thailand.
Are you that same woman?

No I am not that woman. Are you the man who lets his dog out to shit in my street?

We can all play at the "guessing game".