Action promised on Nonthaburi 'Stairway to Heaven'

webfact

An example of the PM's ' critical thinking ' or an example of simply ' no thinking '.

What the heck does this have to do with the PM? I think he probably just found out about it. Would Barak Obama know about such a thing as building a pedestrian walk way bridge above a road. Come on man, get a grip!

Edited by anthony0339

In any other country where common sense prevails the entire lot would have gotten fired and taken to account; here the worst-case scenario is posting into the "Ministry of Inactive Posts".

Well, I saw the bridge on various websites in Europe and they had all a good laugh about the stupidity of Thailand. How unfair considering that it takes only a few complete idiots to declare the whole country like that - which, we all know, is not the case and not fair.

SABloke has a good question>>>>where are the supports for the stairs?

The concept of responsibility for the overall project seems non-existent (except in words after-the-fact) and will probably lead to more personal injuries.

The article says the bridge will be 54 metres long. From the looks of the pics above, if it was 55 or 56, they could have simply placed the staircase a bit further in from the road in all that extra space and avoided this whole situation altogether. Maybe they'd just have to move some of the wires a little higher over the entrance to the bridge for people to walk under.

What is the plan now, just leave one pole out from supporting the wires over the bridge?

Simple solution, just bring the stairs from the other side. That looks like there is nothing there

I asked my girlfriend why they done this and she said it was because the electric company had not come to move the electric line like they were supposed to and the builders being fed up basically built it as was stated in the contract and the blame should be put on the electric company.

An example of the PM's ' critical thinking ' or an example of simply ' no thinking '.

What the heck does this have to do with the PM? I think he probably just found out about it. Would Barak Obama know about such a thing as building a pedestrian walk way bridge above a road. Come on man, get a grip!

Oh dear, the PC brigade are out in force on this one.

Is humour to be added to the list o f ' can't say ' items on the forum ?

Perfect Thai building techniques. As long as it works who cares what it looks like or hoe dangerous it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not know about the hoe's as I live in the north but as a wheelchair user it is 100% normal to put a pole in the middle of a pathway.

I spent a few years pushing my late wife in a wheelchair and if you manage to use one in Thailand you have my never ending respect.

What is the plan now, just leave one pole out from supporting the wires over the bridge?

Easy, let the stairs support the wires rolleyes.gif

Just tie a bit of red cloth around the cables to warn people.

Using red cloth in the current climate might be more dangerous than the cables.

Why did it take so long for the electric company to take action? I seen a privately owned construction of an apartment able to have a power pole moved from the middle of his property and two new ones installed at the boundary almost as soon as the construction was completed by the electric company. He was even able to use government equipment when digging foundations way back in the beginning...