Profile of Orlando gunman Oman Mateen

webfact

Profile of Orlando gunman Oman Mateen

606x341_335418.jpg

"A few months after we were married I saw his instability and I saw that he was bipolar and would get mad out of nowhere. That's when I started worrying about my safety..."

ORLANDO: -- Omar Mateen aspired to be a police officer and had once applied to join a police academy. He worked at a centre for juvenile delinquents as a correctional officer.

More recently he was an armed guard for a gated retirement community in South Florida.

A former co-worker said that Mateen’s anger was “constant.”

He was known to the FBI who said he was investigated for suspected ties to Islamist militants.

Mental health issues
His former wife Sitora Yusifiy spoke about of his mental health issues.

“A few months after we were married I saw his instability and I saw that he was bipolar and would get mad out of nowhere,” Yusifiy said. “That’s when I started worrying about my safety and then after a few months he started abusing me physically, very often and not allowing me to speak to my family, keeping me hostage from them and I tried to see the good in then even then but my family was very tuned into it and decided to visit me and rescue me out of that situation.”

Islamic Centre
Imam Syed Shafeed from the Islamic Center in Fort Pierce said Mateen attended prayer services there several times a week.

“I’m saying that he (Omar Mateen) was very quiet,” said Shafeed. “He would come the last minute and he would leave the first minute. And he would not talk to anybody. And when somebody would shake hands with him he would smile and shake hands with them and he would leave. And he would bring the five-year-old son with him and the son would be playing around him and he would be busy with his prayer and then he would take his son on his shoulders and he would just leave.”

G4S
Mateen was an armed security officer for the controversial security firm G4S. The company was trying to ascertain whether any guns used in the attack were related to Mateen’s work, said a spokesman who declined to be named.

An FBI spokesman said on Sunday that FBI agents had twice interviewed Mateen in 2013 and 2014 after he made comments to co-workers indicating he supported militant groups, but neither interview led to evidence of criminal activity.

G4S has come under fire from rights advocates for providing services to Israeli prisons holding Palestinian detainees, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation said in 2014 it sold its stake in G4S.

Three of the firm’s security guards were acquitted of manslaughter charges in 2014 in the cardiac arrest death of an Angolan aboard a flight from London whom they were repatriating to his native country.

The British government said in 2014 that G4S would repay millions for overcharging it on a contract to tag criminals with monitoring devices.

The use of private security firms has risen sharply since the 9/11 attacks, said Paul Goldenberg, who sits on the US Department of Homeland Security’s Advisory Council and advises American Jewish organizations on security matters.

In many cases, private security guards are not particularly well-trained or well-paid, and do not receive a second background check in the years after they are hired, Goldenberg said, noting most states did not regulate the industry.

A guard might be watching over an empty warehouse one day, and a religious institution or school, with entirely different security concerns, the next, he said.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-13

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In another paper, his father has said his actions had nothing to do with religion. They may well have a lot to do with his upbringing, and the attitudes he learned at home, which to me are inseparable from his religion.

Bipolar my bum, the only thing that matters is that he was a Muslim, the New York Times did not inspire him to murder, the readers Digest did not, the Koran did.

yeah, religion trumps mental illness everytime! lol

Bipolar my bum, the only thing that matters is that he was a Muslim, the New York Times did not inspire him to murder, the readers Digest did not, the Koran did.

Are you implying his religious beliefs had nothing to do with this incident?

nope. nutcase's beliefs can cause irrational behaviour. pity he was a nutcase.

Obviously he hadn't taken his bipolar (a.k.a manic depression) meds.

He probable believed that they were made with pig's blood, a trick by the infidels to ensure a true believer didn't make it to paradise.

//www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/460069/8584-Vaccines-porcine-gelatine-2015-2P-A4-04-web.pdf

And the news just keeps getting better.

The father of Omar Mateen, identified by police as the man behind the carnage at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, is an Afghan man who holds strong political views, including support for the Afghan Taliban. In a video he posted on Saturday, he appears to be portraying himself as the president of Afghanistan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/12/orlando-shooting-suspects-father-hosted-a-political-tv-show-and-even-tried-to-run-for-the-afghan-presidency/

A nutter. Gay hater. Woman beater. He had his 3 min of fame...

He presently holds the U.S. record in the mass shooting by an individual catagory, I hope his record is never broken ensuring his infamy through history.

He presently holds the U.S. record in the mass shooting by an individual catagory, I hope his record is never broken ensuring his infamy through history.

mass shooting dont hold a candle to mass bombing

The guys ex wife seems like a very decent person. She was abused and got out of the relationship. Wonder if it was an arranged marriage? The idea that an animal like him could be a security guard and have access to weapons is beyond stupid. http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/13/orlando-massacre-omar-mateens-ex-wife-says-he-beat-her-and-held-her-hostage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda

In another paper, his father has said his actions had nothing to do with religion. They may well have a lot to do with his upbringing, and the attitudes he learned at home, which to me are inseparable from his religion.

Of course his father is going to say that . . .

it will be broken within 10 yrs ,maybe even 5 ,and by a wide margin i would say ..........although probably not a gun but a bomb or other chemical weapon

these muslim extremesists are not going to disappear and they will probably have hundreds of teenagers with clean records already on us soil and awaiting

instructions

closing the borders now would likely be a waste of time as they can be brainwashed and radicalized over the internet like this gentleman probably was ..........

bulldoze the mosques might be a start ,but i doubt it would be a popular solution

What his father said about him may well be true.

From the facts that have come out so far, he sounds like a typical wannabe cop.

As American as apple pie.

What his father said about him may well be true.

From the facts that have come out so far, he sounds like a typical wannabe cop.

As American as apple pie.

Nah, sounds like a deranged loser from a Muslim immigrant family that took heed of the recent preaching of another Muslim loser cleric stating all homosexuals should be executed.

I am as Anerican as apple pie, live a beautiful, peaceful life, don't own guns, don't even need to lock my door at night. These outlier blips on the radar screen and vocal few you see in the media are not indicative of what real Americans are like or the wonderful lives full of opportunity we live.

Sadly, there are many losers out there full of envy and hate. Even my Russian wife says that the Chechnya Russian Muslims try cause the same problems in Russia, but Russians are smart enough to deal with that element decisively and appropriately. We in the US are too nice and try too hard to see the good in people even when there may not be any good present in those people.

Edited by F430murci

I see no mention of the fact that he was an American, born in the U.S.

This was domestic terrorism.

Just an another American wacko with an AR 15.

When you permit civilians to own military weapons designed only to kill a lot of people at one time, you should expect this to happen.

One wacko man killed about 50 people and wounded about 50 more all by himself.

This could not have been done without a military assault weapon.

Think about that.

There is a definite link to Islamic terrorism with this dude. It's also obvious he had a special hate place in his dark heart for gay men. So it's not that complicated. For him the most personally satisfyingly venue to do his ISIS mass murder project was a place he could target gay men. They are definitely on the kill list for ISIS so a terrorism win win as it were.

The only real mystery left is whether there was any direct communication with ISIS or not about approval for this specific attack. Or even any direct communication ever about anything. Probably not. Signs so far suggest do it yourself radicalization.

Edited by Jingthing

nope. nutcase's beliefs can cause irrational behaviour. pity he was a nutcase.
One of a long procession of nut cases who coincidentally act in the same way based on the same insane rationalizations. Some coincidence.

I've met (and reported to the police) a loser like this before . They're f-d up dumbos going nowhere. Extremism wraps up a raison d'etre in a nice parcel for them. If they're nutty enough they'll blow something up, put a bomb in their shoe, f off to Syria or kill a bunch of innocent clubbers. Probably in the closet too this one. And a lefty, that's probably offensive to Muslims or something.

There is not enough time left in the world to list all of the atrocities committed by Christian extremist in the past 2000 years.

All religious extremist are evil.

A very small percentage of Muslims are extremist.

This can not just be blamed on the fact that he was Muslim.

Statements like yours only cause more extremism.

So, that makes you responsible as well.