New ministry-approved dress for Mrs. Thailand revealed

webfact

New ministry-approved dress for Mrs. Thailand revealed
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

mrs1.jpg

BANGKOK — Mrs. Thailand’s new-and-approved national costume was revealed Monday.

Designer Tortermfun Chaisiriphan said he spent one week making a new outfit for Kanticha “Yui” Chimsiri after his Golden Pagoda dress, inspired by the kingdom’s most venerated temple Wat Phra Kaew, was criticized by the Ministry of Culture as “inappropriate.”

The 22-year-old designer said the new dress, inspired by Thai rice and woven bamboo fish handicrafts, would show off Thailand’s agriculture on the stage of the Mrs. Universe pageant held August in China.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/06/14/new-ministry-approved-dress-mrs-thailand-revealed/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-06-14

After the last two I was almost afraid of opening this thread.

Whew, at least she wasn't wearing an elephant head or dragging a miniature BTS in her "train"...

Edited by Fookhaht

That is it? No there has to be more, that is nothing special. Cant imagine seeing many women wearing tt around the markets. There again the designer is only 22. She has a long way to go to rival the big names in fashion.

Edited by gandalf12

It's the only official outfit I've ever seen in this country which doesn't include medal ribbons and para wings!

She looks like a Patpong showgirl doing an impression of Anna Leonovens,, (at least what I imagine one would look like, wouldn't know myself of course).

I wander if the chains attached to her right arm are meant to have any subliminal meaning?

Edited by JAG