Chiang Mai Immigration - Which Office, Airport or Promenada?

Generalchaos

I need to get a re-entry permit, does anyone know which office we are supposed to go to? Airport or Promenada?

I have an extension based on marriage which was completed at the Airport office, can I get the re-entry there or do I need to go to the other one?

Thanks.

Thanks MadMac

The Airport Immigration office does now not deal any more with the 90 days application procedure, and also not with the annual VISA application procedure.

The new Promenada Immigration procedure is very active with the above application matters, and the parking of our cars are good.

Edited by personchester

Hmmm...the question was about re-entry. This is done at Promenada or directly at the airport before flying out. The Immigration office nearby the airport handles all kind of visa extensions but not retirement, as such also proceeds re-entry permits at the time you get your extension.

Thanks MadMac

The Airport Immigration office does now not deal any more with the 90 days application procedure, and also not with the annual VISA application procedure.

The new Promenada Immigration procedure is very active with the above application matters, and the parking of our cars are good.

Airport office is processing my 90 day reports and has done since I first did them, I mail them in these days but they do them at the airport office and have all the information on computer in the small building on the left.

They also process my yearly extension, based on marriage, even if it means sitting on a plastic stool in the car park all night in the freezing cold in March. I just LOVE the service! We should be honoured that we are allowed to go through this fantastic process just to remain in this wonderful paradise, fantasy, Disneyworld of mindless paperwork and all of its wonderful hoops we love to jump through for their entertainment. I bet they roll on the floor laughing as they send us out to photocopy yet another useless document. You can just picture them, keeping a straight face after they deliberately loose one of your documents, sleight of hand, tell you that you need this copied, as you get out the door they start laughing hysterically slapping their desks and screeching in that Clanger voice....got that Bast%%%d heeeeee heeeee heeee! Wasted another 2 hours of that bas$$$s day!!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow, I just love working here, it brings me so much pleasure. God when I get home I am going to poke thorns in the kittens eyeballs! What a day, what a job!

Edited by Generalchaos

...even if it means sitting on a plastic stool in the car park all night...

Buying some fishing stool, the one you can just extend and sit on it, are on my list. But perhaps I just go elsewhere. Jakarta is hot right now.

...even if it means sitting on a plastic stool in the car park all night...

Buying some fishing stool, the one you can just extend and sit on it, are on my list. But perhaps I just go elsewhere. Jakarta is hot right now.

How so?