Massages in Bangkok - Wages, income, etc.

patjk

I'm curious, in different areas of Bangkok, how much the massage places make in income and how much they pay out.

At Onnut, they cost 200 baht for 1 hr roughly, and there are like 10+ shops in the area. Each has 5-7 or more people massaging. Anyone know how much 1 massage parlor will make in 1 month? And how much of the 200 baht goes to the employee? I've read a few threads on the forum with people speculating, but does anyone know from experience or by talking to the people?

How about the massage places in other parts of Bangkok?

Thanks.

As with many things here this simply does not make sense financially.

How do they ever re-coup start up costs let alone run a profit?

Always been curious about this one ( and others ).

the small ones dont make shat and come and go like the wind depending on who comes into enough money to open the lease and then they leave when broke

many of the girls live in the business in small rooms or even in the curtained off areas when the shop closes for the night

your question is then why do it if its a sinking endeavor. they dont think in business like westerners do here. its try and if it fails its meant to be, if it succeeds it will anyway.

Edited by fey

As with many things here this simply does not make sense financially.

How do they ever re-coup start up costs let alone run a profit?

Always been curious about this one ( and others ).

Who cares about "start up" costs when it is usually a Farang that paid for it

I lived next to a very attractive girl who worked at the shop that was raided...she was also a model and actress for print and commercials here in Thailand, and would work "massage" at night...according to her bf, who was a farang, she made about 100,000 a month in tips and salary...I doubted it initially...but he was a young guy, and she took care of him entirely...her plan was to work for five years of so, and purchase a home for her family, and a condo in bkk for herself...

I've seen ads for massage positions in Pattaya for 5-6k a month, no mention of any commission apart from tips. They can't get rich from regular massages for 100 Baht an hour, can they?

They work ever so hard, that's why they all seem so happy at the end

I've seen ads for massage positions in Pattaya for 5-6k a month, no mention of any commission apart from tips. They can't get rich from regular massages for 100 Baht an hour, can they?

no they cant.

ive always wonderedwhy prettier girls dont do massage..............lol OK i know why but still, not all girls want do boom boom with strange man

I lived next to a very attractive girl who worked at the shop that was raided...she was also a model and actress for print and commercials here in Thailand, and would work "massage" at night...according to her bf, who was a farang, she made about 100,000 a month in tips and salary...I doubted it initially...but he was a young guy, and she took care of him entirely...her plan was to work for five years of so, and purchase a home for her family, and a condo in bkk for herself...

Sounds exaggerated.

To earn that she would be blowing, bonking and shaking five customers plus everyday.

Doubtless the Farang was claiming there were no happy endings and she is a good girl?

Up in Issan....199 baht for 2 hours Thai at my local.......300 for oil......60/40 split in favour of the girl......................coffee1.gif

i would be interested where in Issan you might recommend

100 Bt an hour? Where is this?

I thought the Thai way was to only care about the present, and not the future.

no they cant.

ive always wonderedwhy prettier girls dont do massage..............lol OK i know why but still, not all girls want do boom boom with strange man

Then why do they shout " you hansum man" at the fat, ugly, tattooed, facial haired guy who waddles past?

Prostitutes, maybe with the exception of the high class ones, will boom boom almost any guy if the price is right.

100 Bt an hour? Where is this?

Just off soi Buakhao.................... the 100 Baht is a loss leader wink.png

Sounds exaggerated.

To earn that she would be blowing, bonking and shaking five customers plus everyday.

Doubtless the Farang was claiming there were no happy endings and she is a good girl?

Come on, she was probably earning that much from working "overtime" giggle.gif

Sounds exaggerated.

Not at all.

Maybe you should check the thai forums where girls are looking for jobs and the MP's post job offers. Starting salaries are 40k and up in proper soapy's.

Girls in a Gentlemen-Club makes at least 1,500/night + drinks + tips without shagging anyone. Thats up to them and wont be cheap.

Edited by PomRakBKK

I was told the employee gets 30 to 40 % commission plus tips. But it depends on how many work there as to how many clients they get a day. In the sukhumvit area the prices are around 300p/h plus 500 for happy ending. Hope you happy with my reply?

The shops in Pattaya are well understood to not be making money on massage. Massage is the front.

Sounds exaggerated.

Not necessarily exaggerated. I knew one girl who worked in a "massage" shop, and 120,000 per month was a pretty normal month for her. Three clients per day put 3,600 in her pocket, but the tips added up to a large amount. But she was the exception. According to her, the majority of the staff were making between 20k and 50k.

Sounds exaggerated.

Not at all.

Maybe you should check the thai forums where girls are looking for jobs and the MP's post job offers. Starting salaries are 40k and up in proper soapy's.

Girls in a Gentlemen-Club makes at least 1,500/night + drinks + tips without shagging anyone. Thats up to them and wont be cheap.

Yup, high demand girls at Massage Parlours make excessive of 100,000 baht per month.

If they are a "Model" category girl at a MP, they make at least 2500+ with one customer alone

Girls who are good have at least 3-5 customer contacts who provides them with monthly allowance, some even pay for their rent or have a car

Gentlemen-Club girls who don't have to sleep with customer easily makes over 40-50,000 if they are a good talker