Tension run high today as DSI attempts to search Dhammakaya temple looking for the abbot

webfact

Tension run high today as DSI attempts to search Dhammakaya temple looking for the abbot

160604-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Several thousands of the Dhammakaya temple abbot's followers formed human shields inside the temple to protect the controversial monk following report that a special team of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) started to begin what it called the "Krabil 59" operation.

The team of DSI officials in a convoy of more than 10 vehicles, and joined by police from Klong Luang police station, moved out of the Klong Luang station before 9 am today after the Criminal Court issued the DSI the warrant to search the temple for the abbot, Phra Dhammachayo.

It was not immediately known if the DSI team could enter the temple or which gate they will choose to enter the temple as now several thousands of followers have already formed human barricades to shield the abbot.

The temple has nine gates but now all were shut with more barriers being erected.

The gate close to where the abbot is said to be residing is now blocked with two backhoes from outside, while inside green fibre nets were used as curtain to obstruct eye observation from DSI team trying to enter the compound.

Behind the green net curtains lined the followers sitting on the road to keep off DSI’s entry as human shields.

Above the temple are surveillance balloons for followers to observe movements outside.

The abbot is still inside the temple as DSI team, accompanied by hundreds of news journalists, are outside the temple trying to negotiate for peaceful entry by showing the court’s search warrant.

Earlier the temple’s layman spokesman said the temple would be willing to allow the DSI to enter the temple.

But today’s even tighter security around the temple with all gates blocked and security check for vehicles entering the temple mounted has proved the DSI team is not welcomed.

The DSI wanted to enforce the court’s warrant and to convince the abbot to acknowledge the charges so that everything could proceed under the justice system.

Justice Minister Gen Phaiboon Khumchaya earlier warned that any resistance of arrest by the disciples could face legal action.

He also indicated that if the abbot still remains stubborn, and does not acknowledge the charges, bail might not be granted to him if he is arrested.

He said continual defiance of the law would do no good to the abbot as the DSI has to perform its duty to enforce the law.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tension-run-high-today-dsi-attempts-search-dhammakaya-temple-looking-abbot/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-16

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife informs me that a statement has been made to the effect of "I will surrender only when there is democracy in Thailand."

Like i said, this is my wife's interpretation of Thai news reports. She's absolutely fuming over this. its not often she swears, in Thai or English, but she attaches some

choice names to this guy.

He has all the protection under his shirt why doesn't 'Amulet Man' get on with it?

And if he did you would be the first to criticize him for not paying attention to other things.

he has time to crack down on students visiting parks and ignoring slavery in the fishing industry but he's powerless to arrest a monk?

still no surprise you think he's doing so well

You'll find him bracketed behind a wall of a 1000 baht notes wades, armed with gold ingots

as weapon...... or maybe another Ruby ridge or Waco is in the making here......

Would they know about Ruby and Waco?

Doube it since the frog is too deep down the well.. :>

The options are endless when you have a Junta as the country's government administration , skip formalities , bring in the rangers by chopper and hey you've got him and if you need any moral boosting, just watch a few Rambo pictures before going in..............................coffee1.gif

I heard from a Thai who I was drinking with (the Thai was a drunk as I was) that is already out of the Country and in London, England

This Thai said he is passing himself off as a Imam

I'm pleased you've sobered up now.

So, the Thai that you were drinking with is already out of the country, in London, and he is passing himself off as an "Imam"?

Righto then.

I just don't get it

are these people blind and ignorant, are they being sponsored by some divisive group to be there in order to cause conflict

This man is suspected of some pretty serious crimes, why are they trying to defend him

Ask the hundreds (maybe thousands) of people that lost their life savings what they think should happen

unbelieveable

I heard from a Thai who I was drinking with (the Thai was a drunk as I was) that is already out of the Country and in London, England

This Thai said he is passing himself off as a Imam

He passed himself of as a head Monk in Thailand for years , so he might be the master of disguises, like Maxwell Smart....................cheesy.gif

He has all the protection under his shirt why doesn't 'Amulet Man' get on with it?

And if he did you would be the first to criticize him for not paying attention to other things.

he has time to crack down on students visiting parks and ignoring slavery in the fishing industry but he's powerless to arrest a monk?

why don't you go sort it all out since you seem to have plenty to say on the matter or at least go tell the PM to his face what you think

why don't you go sort it all out since you seem to have plenty to say on the matter or at least go tell the PM to his face what you think

no one can 'go tell' the PM what they think as you well know this is an unelected dictatorship or had you not noticed?

actually you probably had not noticed but nice to see you supporting the Abbot

Why can't they just leave this abbot alone? I have been receiving lots of FB and LINE feeds about this story and most Thai commentators (actually virtually all of them) are worried that this is an example of the government seeking to destroy Buddhism. That to me is extremely worrying, if true, though given how often new Buddhist temples are built in upcountry Thailand I am a bit skeptical of this claim yet I do understand where they are coming from.

One commentator even went so far as to say that he believes the general is pimping himself to Islam, allowing them everything but when it comes to Buddhism, the authorities feel they can enforce the law on whatever charges they believe are justified. This is quite an accusation in what is supposedly a Buddhist nation.

I also heard someone tell me how there are quite a few teenagers taking drugs inside some mosques in Bangkok. Yet the police is prevented from investigating because locals don't allow the police to enter these mosque compounds. By the sounds of it, the exact same thing is happening at the Dhammakaya temple - locals aren't allowing police to enter the compound to investigate supposed wrongdoing. Seems that the police don't have nearly the power the think they have, especially when religion is involved.

Never understand how mature grown.....No....big childish men, walk around with so much bling hanging of the neck......!

Why can't they just leave this abbot alone? I have been receiving lots of FB and LINE feeds about this story and most Thai commentators (actually virtually all of them) are worried that this is an example of the government seeking to destroy Buddhism. That to me is extremely worrying, if true, though given how often new Buddhist temples are built in upcountry Thailand I am a bit skeptical of this claim yet I do understand where they are coming from.

One commentator even went so far as to say that he believes the general is pimping himself to Islam, allowing them everything but when it comes to Buddhism, the authorities feel they can enforce the law on whatever charges they believe are justified. This is quite an accusation in what is supposedly a Buddhist nation.

I also heard someone tell me how there are quite a few teenagers taking drugs inside some mosques in Bangkok. Yet the police is prevented from investigating because locals don't allow the police to enter these mosque compounds. By the sounds of it, the exact same thing is happening at the Dhammakaya temple - locals aren't allowing police to enter the compound to investigate supposed wrongdoing. Seems that the police don't have nearly the power the think they have, especially when religion is involved.

thing is "Money Laundering"

and people who protect the abbot are obviously brainwashed. Since the abbot doesn't want to come to the court then DSI received an order from court to arrest him immediately.

additionally, government doesn't want to destroy Buddhism. it is the abbot himself(its temple) that destorys Buddism for years.

i have friends who went to this temple once and now i have to unfriend them because they were brainwashed by this Dhammakaya temple.

Edited by sharpnel

This abbot is destroying Buddhism himself with all his money Stop blaming others for the Abbott way of life

DSI still unable to search Dhammakaya temple as disciples now claim abnormal situation to delay arrest

160608-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Defiant disciples of the controversial abbot of Wat Dhammakaya continued to intercept attempt by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to search and arrest Phra Dhammachayo, claiming the country's undemocratic rule that could be detrimental to justice system.

They cited the current undemocratic ruling as a new reason to delay the DSI’s attempt to make arrest of their abbot.

Several thousands of disciples clad in white still sat in front of the main “Maha Chedi” great stupa for meditation which was considered to be a form of human shield to prevent DSI’s arresting team to get closer to the place where the abbot is resting.

A statement was issued late today by the disciples saying that as the abbot is still very sick, his surrender to the justice system is possible when the country returns to true peace and to full democracy.

It said as long as the country remains in abnormal situation, the right to freedom and justice might be threatened, and Buddhism could also be destroyed by a certain group of people and eccentric monks.

They also claimed that the delay in the appointment of the new supreme patriarch and the rush by the DSI to make arrest of the abbot were breaching agreements they have with the National Office of Buddhism.

They said as the statute of limitation of the charges runs up to 15 years, therefore it won’t be too late to pursue court action against him after the country returns to normal situation.

By noon today, the DSI still was unable to find the abbot and have him acknowledge the charges, ranging from money laundering, receiving stolen property, and embezzlement.

Only six DSI officials were permitted into the temple for negotiation while the remaining team was kept outside the temple.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dsi-still-unable-search-dhammakaya-temple-disciples-now-claim-abnormal-situation-delay-arrest/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-16

again we see how totally p*ss poor the thai authorities are to allow this to happen, they need to start arresting all the cretins blocking them, drag away the offending backhoe and destroy them then drag the corrupt monk out and toss him in jail. This is absolute bullsh*t, allowing all this to happen. Cut the power and water to the temple and use bulldozers to go through the gates/walls if necessary, it is all on the monks head as he is the one that is refusing to obey the laws, religion is no excuse, as for those that are blocking police etc, drag them off to jail as well and issue huge fines, as soon as they realize they will have to pay money they will all run.