Air hostess milked for water after receiving 5,000 baht bill!

webfact

Air hostess milked for water after receiving 5,000 baht bill!

s3p.jpg
Image: Daily News

UBON RATCHATHANI: -- The Ubon water board say a customer must pay 5,000 baht for water even though her usual bill comes to less than 100.

They found a leak in a holding tank under the lady's house meaning the water was flowing while she was away.

Air hostess Arawee Bunsoi, 26, got a shock when she got the bill for 5,121 baht. "I don't usually live here," she said,"but I sometimes come here on holidays, reported Daily News. The house is usually empty and I normally pay less than 100 baht a month for water."

She contacted the water board and a man came who said the problem was underground saying he couldn't do anything about the bill, she would have to pay.

Khomsan Buneuam a manager at the Ubon water board confirmed that she was liable for the charges. The water was flowing out while she was away, he said, but repairs have now been done.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-17

"Air hostess Arawee Bunsoi, 26, got a shock when she got the bill for 5,121 baht. "I don't usually live here," she said,"but I sometimes come here on holidays, reported Daily News. The house is usually empty"

Burglars, get ready.........

I'm not sure where her am exact address was stated for the burglars to be ready?

Our bill is normally 180-200. We've had little or mostly no city water in recent months with the drought but last month, the bill was 230! blink.png Wife was spitting nails at the bill delivery guy thinking we were being played. I shut the city valve last month and now it's past time to get this month's bill, but none has been delivered. The meter still reads the same as when I shut it off the month before.

Turned the water on few days ago, checked all direct city line valves around the property were closed and in that process, discovered the MIL's toilet tank did, in fact, have low pressure city water flowing in, but tank but wasn't filling up....... the flapper doesn't seat properly.

More curious about how long she was away from the last time, assuming she takes care of the bills on a monthly basis depiste not being there. "Holiday" is vastly different than sporadic living in a home due to travel, so either her last bill was also already higher than normal or she got so unlucky that it broke just the day after she left and has left a pretty decent sized leak, as water here is painfully cheap and racking up 5k+ takes some, eh, skill.

"Air hostess Arawee Bunsoi, 26, got a shock when she got the bill for 5,121 baht. "I don't usually live here," she said,"but I sometimes come here on holidays, reported Daily News. The house is usually empty"

I'm not sure where her am exact address was stated for the burglars to be ready?

Don't worry. It's just a joke.

A comment in jest, if you will. Not Thai bashing.

Don't worry. It's just a joke.

A comment in jest, if you will. Not Thai bashing.

Gotcha! Just used to hearing any reason to berate Thais on the forum.

the part on the bill where it says 99/31 Moo 20 Tambol Saensuk ... ... ... might give a slight indication though.

I had more than B 7000 to pay because Somchai's piping screw-up was AFTER the water meter. No pay = no water; simple as that. And, in all fairness, if it has passed the water meter then it becomes the house owner's problem

Sounds to me like it is a legitimate bill and should be paid. The water company delivered water to her connection, and it was on her property that the leak developed. Even a small water leak, running 24/7 (which they tend to do) can waste a huge amount of water. Happened to me once, my normal 300 Bht bill rose steadily to several thousand Bht, and I was sure someone had tapped into my system. Turned out it was all going through the toilet cisterns. As the ball float got higher and higher so the water velocity going past the diaphragm got faster and faster, eventually cutting small channels radially in the rubber, enabling the water to callously flow non stop :( A change to the American flow regulators, which have an immediate cut-off, immediately produced water bills around 250 Bht :) Did you get all that ? The water company cannot be held responsible for their customers plumbing faults now, can they ?

"Air hostess milked for water after receiving 5,000 baht bill!"

OK. this might be one of my bad days. I might not have been paying attention, or my synapses might not be firing well for a number of reasons - one of which might be that I live in Thailand - which is known to reduce your IQ.

But I do not understand the headline. Not at all. Nope. Would some kind soul explain it to me please? Milking? Water? They're surely not saying the water board is incompetent? or the bloke wot built the tank is incompetent? or the woman is delusional? or that they're a bit short of news stories today? (was it on the front page?) are they?

They must be running out of ways to blame a foreigner... Got to happen soon...

Winnie