Non Immigrant Multiple Entry Visa

I am confused. Is there a difference between a non immigr. O multiple entry visa and a retirement visa.

got last month a 1 year multiple very easy in Miami, aked them to decide which kind they wanted to give me. told them I am married in TH only haistyle, not legally and expecting a baby to arrive 7th April. they gave me above mentioned visa, no further questions asked.

I understand you have to have this visa for 3 consec. years in order to apply for a retirement visa. Now instead of going through the hassle, renewing this visa after 1 year in Thailand with proof of income, money in the bank etc... wouldn't it be much easier for me just to apply for another 1 year visa in Miami? any comments appreciated. thanks

you are not legally married so unless you are 50 and have income / banking of 800,000 baht you have no choice but go back to Miami, get a new visa and continue doing the 90 day visa runs. An O visa can be a spouse visa or a retirement visa. Thailand simply doesn't recognize de facto marriages. You can get an extension based on care for the child with 400,000 baht income / banking if it is clear that you are the father.

Under present rules you will never be eligible for PR as the 'three year rule' is for extensions of stay and subject to quota. The multi entry O visa is not an extension of stay. As the dr pointed out you are not married so you can not use this visa to extend on basis of support for Thai wife. The other option is a retirement visa with the proof of funds in bank/income. If you want any chance of PR that is what you need and you can probably change your current visa in Thailand if you can provide the proof of funds. Or get married. :o

Under present rules you will never be eligible for PR as the 'three year rule' is for extensions of stay and subject to quota. The multi entry O visa is not an extension of stay. As the dr pointed out you are not married so you can not use this visa to extend on basis of support for Thai wife. The other option is a retirement visa with the proof of funds in bank/income. If you want any chance of PR that is what you need and you can probably change your current visa in Thailand if you can provide the proof of funds. Or get married. :o

He could get a Non O if he is looking after his child provided he has the money or a combination of funds and income. The alternative is an annual pilgrimage to the USA.

ok wonderful. so this means all we have to do is tell a thai embassy that our girlfriends are pregnant  defacto wives and we can scoop up non imm visas no ?'s asked? great, I'm all over that like a fly on ....

The child would need to be born Bob, and the father has to comply with the income / banking rules too.