CEC Breakfast Club at River Market Finished.

fcgprg

Gee, E/S I don't recall ever seeing you at any CEC event ever. I don't think I owe you anything. Full stop (as they say.)

As for the others who are wondering as to why the "explanations" were all over the map. Let's just say "it's complicated" and I was working very hard to save a hallowed, cherished CEC tradition.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee, E/S I don't recall ever seeing you at any CEC event ever. I don't think I owe you anything. Full stop (as they say.)

As for the others who are wondering as to why the "explanations" were all over the map. Let's just say "it's complicated" and I was working very hard to save a hallowed, cherished CEC tradition.

i was going to let the thread go till i read nancy l reply to e/s

with the lie about zoo used about 10times plus on a group of hard workers very low

who would be behide these schemes to take advantage of the new aged lonely newbie in cm

real estate insurance high interest loans and other

before was a gathering of expats no joinlng fees money donated went to local projects

now fees go to what a newsletter of nothing

now when i went to a meeting about 4yrs ago as said before

my mate put free snacks on thinking the group would spend money

no they stuffed there pockets with cheese crackers nuts and sliced meat

4yrs on doing same

you think we are stupid in the 4yrs between never happened again

and the head shepard of the sheep never knew

you might be able to pull the wool over there eyes

i dont think you need to make a mask for hallowweeenn

a tradition of your country not here

strike me pink ,

Its The Commander In Cheif , of Gods Waiting Room (back again)

with full respect to your regiment,its not E/S cup of wine, so to speak Full Stop

E/S special Grazing Paddock is Four Seasons, Sunday Lunch at Mae Rim

At 2000 BAHT ++

when u save up a few baht, and if interested , give E/S a P.M for a date , or any of your regiment for that matter

being a Gourment Club Member E/S gets 20% whack off the Jack And Jill (bill)

move to my new grazing paddock tomorrow

Adios E/S

13523818_1240697775970815_1272520077_o.j

What are the betting odds for the face off?

Blond Bomber vs Bowling Ball

Height: N

Weight: ES

Girth: ES

Reach: N

Speed: no

Endurance: a little

Record: dismal-both

Other?

Free club card on first and only visit: ES

I hope to return to my home in Chiang Mai in a few months. Now I rarely go into the city, and have never attended a CEC event. But after reading all the bickering going on here I am obviously missing out on some entertainment and some good food as well.

"I don't know what Dave is going to do with all the left over bacon now."
It's hard to read the tea leaves in this thread for all the smoke and mirrors, but is it the fact that the breakfast was discontinued because some people were secreting food out of the venue? What's wrong with that? It's a buffet; what is done with the food that is leftover? If some oldster wants to put bacon in their pockets, weird as that might be, who cares? What is the cost of a bit of food taken out? It's a set amount of food put out for consumption. If someone wants to take a few sausages or toast back for the dog, what's the rub? I've done that before, and I bet many others have too.
"Stealing food?" Please, come down off your cloud. . . .

well i don't know anything about the old folks club, but you are dead wrong if you think it is O.K. to take food out of a buffet restaurant. it is WRONG. it is stealing. you are in denial.

"I don't know what Dave is going to do with all the left over bacon now."
It's hard to read the tea leaves in this thread for all the smoke and mirrors, but is it the fact that the breakfast was discontinued because some people were secreting food out of the venue? What's wrong with that? It's a buffet; what is done with the food that is leftover? If some oldster wants to put bacon in their pockets, weird as that might be, who cares? What is the cost of a bit of food taken out? It's a set amount of food put out for consumption. If someone wants to take a few sausages or toast back for the dog, what's the rub? I've done that before, and I bet many others have too.
"Stealing food?" Please, come down off your cloud. . . .

well i don't know anything about the old folks club, but you are dead wrong if you think it is O.K. to take food out of a buffet restaurant. it is WRONG. it is stealing. you are in denial.

The closest I get to doing that is taking a nice mug of coffee back up to my room after visiting the breakfast buffet when at a hotel. But when you're bringing zip-lock bags to squirrel up a packed lunch then that's overstepping the bounds..

i am shocked i always though it was a proper expats club

to find out it is not only a money making business

nancy l you disrespected the immigration workers

now want to disrespect the thais and there culture

you should know ghosts are part of there life and religion

they dont need you people running around with ghost masks on

making a mockery of there religion

keep your sick traditions in your own country

It was like that under a previous president and I was highly critical at that time. It hasn't been like that for several years. I don't agree with everything she says, but Nancy, I believe, has good intentions. I know this organization helps many people and they don't charge for that help.

The closest I get to doing that is taking a nice mug of coffee back up to my room after visiting the breakfast buffet when at a hotel. But when you're bringing zip-lock bags to squirrel up a packed lunch then that's overstepping the bounds..

Exactly. And if it's presumed to be okay maybe you'll eventually get a hundred people bringing zip lock bags. What the owner does with the leftover food is his decision but at a buffet you don't leave with leftover food. I'm sure at times there is waste but maybe they give the leftovers to the staff. I could be wrong but I think this is an event where the staff would not get their usual tips. I don't recall seeing tip boxes out. Personally, I'd rather see it go to the staff than someone who thinks they're entitled to take food home to their dog!

The only time I think that it would be ok to take food out would be if there was something like pork spare ribs and the like. Once you've finished nibbling/eating the meat off then perhaps you may be able to take the bones home for your dog.

But the decent thing to do first is ask the management if that's alright.

Otherwise I'd say it's downright theft. They are running a business at Riverside. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you be happy to see customers filling their pockets, bags, or whatever with food to take away?

Most businesses will factor in that some people will eat more than others when setting a cost for buffets. But they don't expect food/profits to walk out the door inside people's bags.

To me that is just wrong...eat what you can while on the premises. Don't be greedy and insult the management by stealing food, because that's what it is.

• 1 year later...

A personal attack has been removed.

If you have a problem with another member then please use the report button but do not post your personal attacks on here  as it is off topic,  poor netiquette and is not the way it is done.

This is an old topic and has already been answered

//CLOSED//

Archived