CEC Breakfast Club at River Market Finished.

fcgprg

I for one am very surprised at this news in the newsleter.The breakfast club is one of the most successful events that the ex pats club have run, getting better over the last two years and well supported. What is the reason for the change?.Why change a winning formula without any consultation with the membership ?. It says the board have decided I would have thought the members would have been allowed some input into this decision first.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My theory is expats only eating the stuff that they refuse to buy at Rimping or Tops...bacon, sausage, etc..I saw a photo of a guy with 12 pieces of bacon on his plate and no eggs (he must know where to get eggs cheap). People sitting on their rumps for four hours drinking coffee refills...must be maddening to a business owner. There used to be some great, cheap beer places that would have been fine...no stairs....mostly gone to <deleted> by now.

Nice to see the anti Ex Pat members stepping forward with their entire knowledge of reality.

I also was surprised. It could be some thing to do with the River Market also. I have been to many buffets over the years and it was the best one you could find for western style buffet that also had some Thai in it. The price of 300 baht was well worth it. 250 baht if you were a member of the CEP

No I have not been to the 1,000 plus baht ones and doubt they could compare any how for the western food. I see some of them also include the wine. Which explains why some of them are popular.

My theory is expats only eating the stuff that they refuse to buy at Rimping or Tops...bacon, sausage, etc..I saw a photo of a guy with 12 pieces of bacon on his plate and no eggs (he must know where to get eggs cheap). People sitting on their rumps for four hours drinking coffee refills...must be maddening to a business owner. There used to be some great, cheap beer places that would have been fine...no stairs....mostly gone to <deleted> by now.

When did it change to Four hours it used to only be Two hours 9.30 to 11.30 the last time I went.?

When did it change to Four hours it used to only be Two hours 9.30 to 11.30 the last time I went.?

the touts posted here that they were able to sit and chat long after normal dismissal. Buffet open for two hours......people using the free a/c and speaking in circular monologues for four hours.....staff said it seemed like eight........

OP " It says the board have decided I would have thought the members would have been allowed some input into this decision first"

If the decision was River Market's (obviously you don't know), then there's no need for anyone to have input into the decision, unless you are a River Market shareholder.

If the decision was CEC's then yes you should have been advised and had some input, unless your membership counts as nothing in reality.

the touts posted here that they were able to sit and chat long after normal dismissal. Buffet open for two hours......people using the free a/c and speaking in circular monologues for four hours.....staff said it seemed like eight........

KKK.... The Riverside Market, ,is a lovely open air venue, smile.png Fullstop

air conditioners,???? what the fluff . are u posting about,

TROLL ..you are full of wind!!!! AGAIN

There's a CEC General Meeting this Saturday, at Le Meridien Hotel, which would be the proper place for members to bring up their questions as to the reasons for the change. Arrive 10 am for a 10:30 am start. Entry is 150 baht for members 220 baht for non-members. The program topic is "Visiting Foreigners in Local Prisons". Note: this is not a breakfast meeting. Light refreshments are severed before the meeting.

Meanwhile, I'll be sure to publicize the new social events that will replace the Breakfast Club at River Market here on Thai Visa. This will give everyone a chance to attend.

There's a CEC General Meeting this Saturday, at Le Meridien Hotel, which would be the proper place for members to bring up their questions as to the reasons for the change. Arrive 10 am for a 10:30 am start. Entry is 150 baht for members 220 baht for non-members. The program topic is "Visiting Foreigners in Local Prisons". Note: this is not a breakfast meeting. Light refreshments are severed before the meeting.

Meanwhile, I'll be sure to publicize the new social events that will replace the Breakfast Club at River Market here on Thai Visa. This will give everyone a chance to attend.

Why will the light refreshments be severed? wink.png

off with heads,55

off with heads,55

Just a slip.

A Freudian slip.

Pregnant with meaning.

Just the way I like 'em.

OP " It says the board have decided I would have thought the members would have been allowed some input into this decision first"

If the decision was River Market's (obviously you don't know), then there's no need for anyone to have input into the decision, unless you are a River Market shareholder.

If the decision was CEC's then yes you should have been advised and had some input, unless your membership counts as nothing in reality.

I believe the River Market had a lot of input on it. As I said it was for a Western Buffet a great bargain.

It required a lot of extra work as it was only twice a month they were open that early and for the most part the cooks were dealing with foods and quantities that varied from what they normally did. I never said any thing about it but I was surprised that they could put it on for that price.

I guess I should be happy as it was the only buffet I allowed myself.

It is the normal practice to serve "light refreshments" during pre-meeting social time at the Saturday morning General Meetings, i.e. coffee, tea, fruit, little tea sandwiches. Amazingly some people complain because they're expecting an entire breakfast buffet at Le Meridien for the price of entry.

You must ask ze questions in ze proper place. Do not ask ze questions on ThaiVisa. Ask ze questions after you've paid $6 for a coffee and little sandviches. Do not complain about ze lack of breakfast; even though you will be asking ze questions about ze breakfast which you will not be getting any more. After we will explain about ze prison system and how it attracts those that ask unwanted questions.

It is the normal practice to serve "light refreshments" during pre-meeting social time at the Saturday morning General Meetings, i.e. coffee, tea, fruit, little tea sandwiches. Amazingly some people complain because they're expecting an entire breakfast buffet at Le Meridien for the price of entry.

LOL I am not surprised.

You must ask ze questions in ze proper place. Do not ask ze questions on ThaiVisa. Ask ze questions after you've paid $6 for a coffee and little sandviches. Do not complain about ze lack of breakfast; even though you will be asking ze questions about ze breakfast which you will not be getting any more. After we will explain about ze prison system and how it attracts those that ask unwanted questions.

Answering questions on forums. Wheres the profit in that?

mad dog or archers will give you a full breakfast for less than that price, And served up,with know fear of getting terminated, OR severed.

Maybe they stopped opening for breakfast? I didn't even know they did breakfast which actually is hard to find in that area.

Khualek Cafe (bright yellow building the other side of the road from Rimping, other side of the river from River Market)

Walk across the bridge, beautiful riverside setting, or aircon inside, and nice food and coffee.

My favorite breakfast there is an iced hazelnut latte (65bht), and a massive bowl of 'cow tom guy' (rice soup with chicken) 50bht.

I took this photo yesterday.

post-260195-0-09066400-1466579202_thumb.

Menu has photos and English for those that are frightened of Thais, you can just point to what you want.

Free wifi too.

Here's one I drank earlier.

post-260195-0-09115900-1466579694_thumb.

Maybe they stopped opening for breakfast? I didn't even know they did breakfast which actually is hard to find in that area.

Khualek Cafe (bright yellow building the other side of the road from Rimping, other side of the river from River Market)

Walk across the bridge, beautiful riverside setting, or aircon inside, and nice food and coffee.

My favorite breakfast there is an iced hazelnut latte (65bht), and a massive bowl of 'cow tom guy' (rice soup with chicken) 50bht.

I took this photo yesterday.

attachicon.gif13490615_10154275059468749_7047497633711514376_o.jpg

Menu has photos and English for those that are frightened of Thais, you can just point to what you want.

Free wifi too.

Yeah, I tried it. It's indeed okay for rice soup or fried rice and the like, and they do sandwiches and things, but nothing approaching a Hearty Farang Breakfast. S&P across the road is similar, but also not great and more expensive. Mamia a bit up the road is a lovely place and probably the best Thai food out of all of them, plus very affordable. But again nothing approaching a HFBF.

in between is Jao Bar & Hostel (new place) and quite interesting, but not really breakfasty.

Then Duke's only opens around lunch time.

Across the river there's Jangarpor cafe which is actually lovely and they do a reasonable sandwich, but not a lot of space to sit comfortably and again it's not a full HFBF.

South from there is l'Opera which is great if your idea of brekfast is a coffee and some pastries/Danish.

The first CHFBF (Certified Hearty Farang Breakfast) that you come across is at Butter is Better. But that's quite a walk by then.

Archived