Meet Miss Noodle - the darling of the army band

webfact

Meet Miss Noodle - the darling of the army band

s4a.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- She is the darling of the regimental band - a beautiful and talented soldier who is garnering her own army of supporters.

Her name is Kuaytiaw - or noodle. She is the lead singer and flautist of the regimental band at the Surasak Montri camp, Division 32, in Lampang, in the north of Thailand, reported Thairath.

All the soldiers at the camp are very proud of their "angel" and not just for her stunning looks - she can sing a number of styles including "luuk thung" (country style) and is well known even amongst the local public after the band has performed at many civic functions.

Reporters caught up with Miss Noodle at the camp where they found out that she is a clerk in the army band section. Asked about her unusual name she said that just before her mum was due to give birth she saw her dad eating a bowl of noodles so they decided to call her that.

She said: "I am very proud to be playing in the army band. Older villagers and young people always call out their requests for songs at engagements and they always ask to have their pictures taken with me.

"I am not a public performer or a professional singer - I am a soldier. People can't come into the camp so it is really nice to be able to reach out to them with my music - it makes me very proud to bring happiness into their lives in this way".

Her superior officers are also very proud of her and her accomplishments.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-21

Her Dad was eating a bowl of noodles, so they decided to call her Noodle !

Quite fortituos really that her dad wasn't a fan of western food.

"Well my eldest Nong Beans on Toast just graduated from college, Nong Hot Dog Smokey Bite and a bag of Sour Cream and Onion Lays has just started M.5 and Nong Full English Brekkie with extra Black Pudding and no Tomatoes wants to be a train driver."

Glad dad had time for his noodles...nothing else important happening then was there biggrin.png

It has been said the American Indians did the same thing hundreds of years ago ,named their new born after first thing they see "Ain't that right Two Dog's <deleted>??" wai2.gif

"Well my eldest Nong Beans on Toast just graduated from college, Nong Hot Dog Smokey Bite and a bag of Sour Cream and Onion Lays has just started M.5 and Nong Full English Brekkie with extra Black Pudding and no Tomatoes wants to be a train driver."

I've seen people here call themselves Tomato anyway...

Simple folk smile.png

Whereas naming kids after some fatuous "celebrity", as lots of Westerners do, demonstrates our intellectual superiority?

My Thai grandson is called Leo, after his grandfather's favourite beer - and I take this as a compliment.

Simple folk smile.png

Whereas naming kids after some fatuous "celebrity", as lots of Westerners do, demonstrates our intellectual superiority?

My Thai grandson is called Leo, after his grandfather's favourite beer - and I take this as a compliment.

Nope, naming a kid after a "fatuous" celebrity, just shows that they are simple folk too... :)

Maybe like so many others, they simply don't like English food.

Brag about some soldier but hey can't solve murders in country, please.she's just another face who works in the bars in PATTAYA.

yes this lady maybe a non-offensive news story, but to put her on the patts bar scrubber is very unfair.

do you regard all thai women as bar scrubbers?, no i am sure you don't, being a thinking thailand knowledgeable human being.

it is easy to be a cynic/sarcastic about thailand, but most do it with some humour or pathos.

"Asked about her unusual name she said that just before her mum was due to give birth she saw her dad eating a bowl of noodles so they decided to call her that."

This sounds like the Thai version of the joke with the punchline....

"Why do you ask TWO Dogs <deleted>?"

Amazing how many posters here think their failed attempts at humor are funny ... and the noodle jokes so predictable.

Yes, the world is full of cynics and would be comedians. This forum seems to have more than a fair share of them.