British Expat “Big Steve McCann” Dies of Liver Failure at 44

webfact

British Expat “Big Steve McCann” Dies of Liver Failure at 44

PATTAYA – Long time British expatriate and Pattaya bar manager Steve McCann unexpectedly died from kidney failure Saturday morning, he was 44.

Know by his friends as Big Steve, McCann who was a well-known character in Pattaya’s expat scene and had been the manager of several popular bars, complained about stomach ache some days before his death, Stickboybangkok.com reports.

Shortly later, Mr McCann reportedly was admitted to a hospital on Thursday, June 16. After being treated for two days, he died of what people close to him say was a kidney failure.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/british-expat-big-steve-mccann-dies-of-liver-failure-at-44.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-06-21

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is of no real interest outside of Pattaya. So why is it even being reported ?

I feel sorry for the guy but it was self inflicted and should be a lesson to other heavy drinking ex pats and Thais

It is being reported because this is the PATTAYA NEWS forum

I've seen it too many times here in Thailand.they come for the dream of living in paradise and end up propping a bar from dawn til the wee hours trying to scrape a living if that's what you can call it.when I've been offered bars in the past I ask them how much they pay me to take their bar and problems on.a few rules one should stick to...never buy a bar,never ever go partners,never take lady more than one night,keep everything in your safe and don't let a soul know that your worth money.never ring a bell as all the other customers think your a mug and wouldn't ever buy you a drink back.i think the problem with some people they get stuck in a hole in life over here and don't ever want or can't go back to their homeland,skint,homeless,aged,no future.

Sorry but not really very newsworthy , an obese alchoholic drunk dies , happens all the time , he new the score ,didnt worry him ,why should it worry us?

Why do you think anyone implied it should worry us?

Trouble is with this demise is that he's left no bones for the CSI: TVF and the tinfoil hat brigade to gnaw. No wife, gf, bg, or lb to finger. Most unsatisfactory; next time do it right!

Edited by JSixpack

He was somebody's son, possibly someone's brother and maybe someone's father. Undoubtedly he was someone's friend. If not yours, that's fine.

But regardless of the source of the story, there's no real need to post your opinion on an unknown person's online obit is there?

This is of no real interest outside of Pattaya. So why is it even being reported ?

I feel sorry for the guy but it was self inflicted and should be a lesson to other heavy drinking ex pats and Thais

who is this muppet?

Well i found it interesting as a long term expat from Bangkok and frequent traveler to patts

I am disgusted. I cannot believe how many ignorant, insensitive comments have been posted on here. Steve was a pleasant and jovial character. Expats around the country knew him from their time in Pattaya and would appreciate his demise being posted on ThaiVisa.

For all those posting derogatory remarks please consider that his two children may read this.

RTP Steve. It was nice knowing you

Sorry but not really very newsworthy , an obese alchoholic drunk dies , happens all the time , he new the score ,didnt worry him ,why should it worry us?

he rated a news story, do you reckon you will?

I go away for five minutes and come back to find multiple disrespectful, troll and off topic slurs have been posted which have now been removed along with any quoted replies.

He was somebody's son, possibly someone's brother and maybe someone's father. Undoubtedly he was someone's friend. If not yours, that's fine.

But regardless of the source of the story, there's no real need to post your opinion on an unknown person's online obit is there?

If he is unknown there is no reason to post the initial story is there?

I've seen it too many times here in Thailand.they come for the dream of living in paradise and end up propping a bar from dawn til the wee hours trying to scrape a living if that's what you can call it.when I've been offered bars in the past I ask them how much they pay me to take their bar and problems on.a few rules one should stick to...never buy a bar,never ever go partners,never take lady more than one night,keep everything in your safe and don't let a soul know that your worth money.never ring a bell as all the other customers think your a mug and wouldn't ever buy you a drink back.i think the problem with some people they get stuck in a hole in life over here and don't ever want or can't go back to their homeland,skint,homeless,aged,no future.

I think you forgot "never step out the door" ?

It appears to be in the Pattaya centric forum.

It is being reported as a known, larger than life character of the town has died quite suddenly. I knew of him and am currently not there so the report is of use to some.

How could it be a 'lesson' if not reported???

Not sure why this is being reported because in reality no one really cares. He brought it on himself.

I am far from being a Thai apologist or someone who automatically sides with the farangs in situations...but I was thinking the same thing...an alcoholic pimp dies and because he's from the UK the expat community is supposed to care?

I am disgusted. I cannot believe how many ignorant, insensitive comments have been posted on here. Steve was a pleasant and jovial character. Expats around the country knew him from their time in Pattaya and would appreciate his demise being posted on ThaiVisa.

For all those posting derogatory remarks please consider that his two children may read this.

RTP Steve. It was nice knowing you

I have been in Patts a few times but unfortunately never met this man.However I dare say he made a lot of friends in his life in the bars,maybe long term or casual.I can only say RIP to you,all your troubles are over (hopefully!!) and as to why this is posted here---HERE is the Pattaya Forumwai.gif