British Expat “Big Steve McCann” Dies of Liver Failure at 44

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why this is being reported because in reality no one really cares. He brought it on himself.

I am far from being a Thai apologist or someone who automatically sides with the farangs in situations...but I was thinking the same thing...an alcoholic pimp dies and because he's from the UK the expat community is supposed to care?

I think I'l come and piss on your grave too.

I've seen it too many times here in Thailand.they come for the dream of living in paradise and end up propping a bar from dawn til the wee hours trying to scrape a living if that's what you can call it.when I've been offered bars in the past I ask them how much they pay me to take their bar and problems on.a few rules one should stick to...never buy a bar,never ever go partners,never take lady more than one night,keep everything in your safe and don't let a soul know that your worth money.never ring a bell as all the other customers think your a mug and wouldn't ever buy you a drink back.i think the problem with some people they get stuck in a hole in life over here and don't ever want or can't go back to their homeland,skint,homeless,aged,no future.

Seriously! Save your preaching for the pulpit!

I am disgusted. I cannot believe how many ignorant, insensitive comments have been posted on here. Steve was a pleasant and jovial character. Expats around the country knew him from their time in Pattaya and would appreciate his demise being posted on ThaiVisa.

For all those posting derogatory remarks please consider that his two children may read this.

RTP Steve. It was nice knowing you

Agreed, a bit like the kind of posters on the other topic about the soldier.

I'm sure Thai Visa never used to put up with these kind of replies.

Disgusting some of comments I've read.

As for Steve he certainly was a character and a nice guy.

RIP mate.

:(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not sure why this is being reported because in reality no one really cares. He brought it on himself.

I am far from being a Thai apologist or someone who automatically sides with the farangs in situations...but I was thinking the same thing...an alcoholic pimp dies and because he's from the UK the expat community is supposed to care?

I think I'l come and piss on your grave too.

+1

Edited by davethailand

Shall we be as kind, when they pass, to those on here that pass judgement on those that pass? NAH. <deleted> Em! We'll give em the wake they gave others. Miserable sods.

Edited by dhream

...Big Steve was very helpful to me online , prior to my first visit to Pattaya in September/October 2012 ; Steve was manager at the at ' 3 Angels ' on Soi 6 at that time and at his invitation I met up with him there one night . He was a nice friendly helpful bloke , but even 4 years ago clearly a lost cause alcohol - wise...I did , of course attempt to warn him about the path he was on , but obviously now , in vain..........not sure about the ' British ' bit ; he told me he was Australian.......Steve deserves all the R.I. P.s , he certainly received on the Facebook posting....om mane padme hum......

Liver damage doesn't just pop up and then you die in 2 days unless it was the mother of all benders and then its called alcohol poising.

He knew already he was sick and chose to go out that way. For some people sipping on a coffee at midnight in a beer bar just will never work .And that includes me ..

"I've seen it too many times here in Thailand.they come for the dream of living in paradise and end up propping a bar from dawn til the wee hours trying to scrape a living if that's what you can call it.when I've been offered bars in the past I ask them how much they pay me to take their bar and problems on.a few rules one should stick to...never buy a bar,never ever go partners,never take lady more than one night,keep everything in your safe and don't let a soul know that your worth money.never ring a bell as all the other customers think your a mug and wouldn't ever buy you a drink back.i think the problem with some people they get stuck in a hole in life over here and don't ever want or can't go back to their homeland,skint,homeless,aged,no future."

Sounds like the manual for the most miserable life available! bah.gif

What's the point of posting nasty things on here,it looks to me like the guy did nobody any harm,was popular with just about everybody and enjoyed his life to the maximum?
R.I.P. big fella,even though I didn't know you I hope the party continues in heaven!

Edited by MyFrenU

They will of course be toasting this loser on the bingo player forums.

And possibly trying to drum up some business on the back of it....we're avin a sendoff for ol' Steve-O, do join us etc.

Why is he a loser?

We know Steve had 2 daughters. Presumably his income was supporting those 2 daughters. We know Steve had a health scare in the past, possibly due to weight and alcohol issues. That was a warning shot. He continued the same lifestyle with reckless abandon. To me, this is a loser.

So now, presumably his young daughters have lost their father and some emotional/financial support. Totally avoidable. To me, this is a loser.

He had the chance to do the right thing. He knew what he was doing was wrong for many many reasons and did nothing but dig a deeper hole. To me, this is a loser.

No different than parents who make babies and then stick them on a motorbike with no helmet. To me, this is a loser.

And possibly trying to drum up some business on the back of it....we're avin a sendoff for ol' Steve-O, do join us etc.

Why is he a loser?

We know Steve had 2 daughters. Presumably his income was supporting those 2 daughters. We know Steve had a health scare in the past, possibly due to weight and alcohol issues. That was a warning shot. He continued the same lifestyle with reckless abandon. To me, this is a loser.

So now, presumably his young daughters have lost their father and some emotional/financial support. Totally avoidable. To me, this is a loser.

He had the chance to do the right thing. He knew what he was doing was wrong for many many reasons and did nothing but dig a deeper hole. To me, this is a loser.

No different than parents who make babies and then stick them on a motorbike with no helmet. To me, this is a loser.

Although I wouldn't label him a loser on a forum out of respect I can't argue with your reasoning.

Steve told me some years ago that he needed and wanted to slow down.

I had a bar just off of walking st for 13 years and thought I hit it hard but I'd wager that he put more booze away then me.

I had a few health warnings also.

:)

Edited by davethailand

Why is he a loser?

Although I wouldn't label him a loser on a forum out of respect I can't argue with your reasoning.

I had a bar just off of walking st for 13 years and thought I hit it hard but I'd wager that he put more booze away then me.

smile.png

My mate owned the Blues Factory. Biggest drunk I knew. Smashed his body up numerous times on his motorbike even though he has 2 young children and a wife.

Why is he a loser?

smile.png

My mate owned the Blues Factory. Biggest drunk I knew. Smashed his body up numerous times on his motorbike even though he has 2 young children and a wife.

Lol you talking about me.

2 grown up step kids though.

Worst injury I had was when I decided not to use the bike and used a motorbike taxi instead who crashed.

Definitely taxis whilst on the piss when I'm back in September.

The article says he was a heavy drinker and known for his excessive lifestyle and himself did not expect to live long. Lucky for him the death was swift and no prolonged agony.

Ain't alcohol grand?

I'm always puzzled that so many men actually brag about how much they drink ... as if it somehow makes them more manly.

The article says he was a heavy drinker and known for his excessive lifestyle and himself did not expect to live long. Lucky for him the death was swift and no prolonged agony.

Ain't alcohol grand?

I'm always puzzled that so many men actually brag about how much they drink ... as if it somehow makes them more manly.

Looking at your board name I'm guessing that you don't drink?

Edited by davethailand

Alcoholism is a disease and a very,very serious disease worldwide,literally the white man's poison used for centuries to decimate indigenous populations.

This guy had a disease and it took him in the end,would you call someone with cancer a loser?

An alcoholic who chooses to work in a bar with ready access to alcohol and constant company of other drinkers is not a happy person, he must have wished he could get out of it and live a healthy life. He knew what was coming, but perhaps did not have the will power to correct himself.

Why is he a loser?

Two girls chuckled at me when i said(i was on holidays)that i was going to see some friends and had to go...."friends they said,nobody has friends

in pattaya".......I walked away and laughed also.....because i knew they were right.......pattaya= dog eat dog!

Why is he a loser?

I'll venture to say he probably had a good time, you probably look at all the 90 year olds in nursing homes and think what winners they are.