Body of missing Scottish dad Steve Balfour is found in police morgue in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The plot thickens...ladyboys and death in a room above Walking Street for the family man who visited Pattaya often because he loved and missed his baby daughter.

my money is on death as a result of what was described by the ex aussie cop.......'a bashing'....by the american guy...

Think about it.......Ladyboy hangs around till police arrive....if up to 'no good' probably would of high-tailed it!

Ladyboy tells police steve fell as a result of being drunk and hit his head.....but what if steve fell due to some sort of hemorrage

as a result of bashing/beating by the american......Sounds like he lost the fight according to aussie ex-cop....

Ladyboy can only tell police what she saw....but what she seen was something similar to a stroke not drunkeness(although booze involved)

A death foreigner doesn't count anything in this country and it doesn't matter how he dies.

It's just additional work for the BiB's. so leave him in the fridge until someone will pick him up. Case closed

RIP Steve.

This should be a lesson to ALL the foreigners who think that they are welcome to Thailand.

But my guess is that tomorrow the following foreigner is digging his grave in Thailand.

This is Pattaya, a massive city of brothels. It is a LONG way from the real Thailand.

I feel sad for the little girl. Not only is she being brought up in such a hellhole of a city but one day she will find out exactly what happened to her dad by using google.

Hopefully, he was smart enough to have paternity test made to be sure it was indeed his child. RIP to the victim.

They were a married couple who had a daughter.

And she looks like her Dad also if you saw a picture.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by davethailand

So what was the cause of death ?

autopsy doesn't get done until family or consulate gives the green light....he's only just been identified!

Not sure if family should request body be examined in scotland/england or not!......if me i would!!

The american should be top priority now

Thailand is surely the most dangerous country for foreigners among the popular touristic countries. It's just a fact.

Some people here prefer to remain blind in front of the reality. They will say that if you don't love Thailand you should leave it. I found this kind of speech totally stupid. If you love Thailand you should criticize it as much as it deserves to be.

Thailand has one of the most corrupted police in the world and it's one of the most touristic country.

This country is managed by a bunch of clowns and suckers !

One bizarre thing I did notice, the ladyboy and his former wife could have been twins!

A remarkable resemblance.

Do you even care that his ex-wife might be reading this?

Show some compassion.

Grow up......from steve's comments to his friend,i don't think there was much respect(don' worry about love) towards each other....

Oh the thai oh the thai....give me a break!!......she's probably hooked up with someone else by now anyway

What about the daughter, father and other relatives. You are highly inappropriate for whatever age you are.

You were talking about the wife.......so was I!!!.......and MissAndry was not being derogatory with his/her ladyboy remark.....

These police and this pretend government are absolutely rotten to the core and I already know his last living breathe was not taken in that room above a bar. A nice setup and what the hell is a vice worker ?

Pattaya police are good for a circus act.

My thoughts to the family. Your risk every day with this lower end of life. Caution never trust this is a place murder is cheap and penalties are even cheaper. Shame on this regime

These police and this pretend government are absolutely rotten to the core and I already know his last living breathe was not taken in that room above a bar. A nice setup and what the hell is a vice worker ?

Pattaya police are good for a circus act.

My thoughts to the family. Your risk every day with this lower end of life. Caution never trust this is a place murder is cheap and penalties are even cheaper. Shame on this regime

RIP Steve.

This should be a lesson to ALL the foreigners who think that they are welcome to Thailand.

But my guess is that tomorrow the following foreigner is digging his grave in Thailand.

bitter !

The plot thickens...ladyboys and death in a room above Walking Street for the family man who visited Pattaya often because he loved and missed his baby daughter.

my money is on death as a result of what was described by the ex aussie cop.......'a bashing'....by the american guy...

Think about it.......Ladyboy hangs around till police arrive....if up to 'no good' probably would of high-tailed it!

Ladyboy tells police steve fell as a result of being drunk and hit his head.....but what if steve fell due to some sort of hemorrage

as a result of bashing/beating by the american......Sounds like he lost the fight according to aussie ex-cop....

Ladyboy can only tell police what she saw....but what she seen was something similar to a stroke not drunkeness(although booze involved)

My goodness how to fit a square peg in a round hole. To support your theory. Well that's it then you know better than everyone.

listen....I don't know more than everyone

But one thing is fact......he was involved in a violent confrontation with an american guy a few days before being found in the room!

I know you don't have to give your theory and i respect that......but if u have one i'd like to listen......

It doesn't take a giant leap of faith to imagine the ex-wife who has all assets in her name pay someone,a broke "big American" to take him out then pay someone (whistling.gif ) to take him to the short time motel.That someone has access to a ladyboy caught with drugs,the ladyboy's given two choices jail for many years or stand over this body while we take a photo and you're free to go...
Amazing Thailand! sad.png

I fit and tough looking guy like that, it is VERY hard to believe that he died from just falling over, no matter how drunk he might be.

I hope they send this poor guy back home for a proper autopsy.

My money is on there being much more to this story than we know at this point.

You don't tell people that if anything happens to you it will be your ex, then soon after turn up dead without there being a good chance of fowl play.

Will be interesting to see how this story develops. I for one will be watching for it.

"Will be interesting to see how this story develops. I for one will be watching for it".

A lot of times in cases like this, we don't get told how things pan out.

There are usually things they don't want us to know.

One bizarre thing I did notice, the ladyboy and his former wife could have been twins!

A remarkable resemblance.

Most guys have a certain "look" they like and often their partners bear a striking resemblence. I guess because things didn't work out with his first partner, he decided to see if the grass was greener so to speak.

He was also very fit to do his job and play golf a few times each week so it is unlikely to be a medical matter.----OP

Yes very true--- to be able to play golf a few times each week means you must be at the very pinnacle of fitness........coffee1.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years back there was these two farang estate Agents

had an office right close to Bert's Greasy spoon on soi 6.5

I used to hear the waitresses in Thai refer to them as

Khun Large & Khun Larger.......

together they would have tipped more then 40 stone.

Amazingly about 4-6 years back they took out Pattaya mail sportsman

of the year award for their golf powerless

"Yes very true--- to be able to play golf a few times each week means you must be at the very pinnacle of fitness".

Golf, fitness cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Yes very fit indeed.

Edited by possum1931

It doesn't take a giant leap of faith to imagine the ex-wife who has all assets in her name pay someone,a broke "big American" to take him out then pay someone (whistling.gif ) to take him to the short time motel.That someone has access to a ladyboy caught with drugs,the ladyboy's given two choices jail for many years or stand over this body while we take a photo and you're free to go...

Are you serious? You should find a hobby to keep you busy!

Are you serious? You should find a hobby to keep you busy!

So nobody bothered to read the article, just go and slag off all of Thailand then shall we?

Police in the room Steve was found with the ladyboy he had met

Try reading it too

Caroline, 36, from North Berwick, said: I definitely remember a conversation when he said that if anything ever happened to him during a visit to Thailand then it was her thats done it.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/body-missing-scottish-dad-steve-8241674#ZtreIqgMqxt5PDIW.99

RIP to him, however as others have said WHY a Foreign body was in a POLICE morgue and they only managed to identify after some investigation by a NEWSPAPER and the EMBASSY, what were they hoping he would disappear into the ether. No investigation done by the Police it seems at all until...........that is the problem, lck of any police action ..........no money hence no work.........so damn sad.

Forum full of bitter people..

Or realists.......

A sad reality is that the Thai police HATE murders of tourists.

Lot of paperwork, and it makes Thailand look bad. So if you

read the Thai news much, you will generally see some

lightning quick deduction by the police that the case is anything

BUT a murder. This case needs:

1. An autopsy, hopefully performed back in Scotland.

2. A check into his ex wife, seeing if there was any connection.

In America, that is the very first place to look. 53.8% of murder

victims are killed by someone they know.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Well unfortunately if history has taught us anything, this investigation will last for years and be as sloppy as a pig in sh*t..the family of the deseased will get the run around , those involved will never see an iota of justice, and evidence will be lost or mishandled

There is a lesson to be learned from this.

Don't be a nameless person in a foreign mortuary.

Put your military dog tag on your key ring so if your wallet is stolen, you can be identified.

Or, go on line and order a dog tag.

Some even have the bottom of their foot tattooed with their Military ID number or their Social Security number.

I have a dog tag on my key ring along with copies of my docs I turned in to get my retirement extension and my major medical insurance card in my back pocket.

And, everything in moderation!