Body of missing Scottish dad Steve Balfour is found in police morgue in Thailand

webfact

I've been living here for almost 10 years, every year brought higher prices (for farangs), more mini-scams (a few thousand bahts at the time - against farangs), and now beatings and even murders (against farangs): maybe it's time for Thaixit.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about finding and jailing who ever was involved,

I would want to know if the father, brother or uncle are cops,, or which group of cops run the bar.

What bar?

HaHa can you not read-----he was found in a room ABOVE A BAR!!!!!!!!! Poor bugger----- RIP Steve

I think we could all write the ending to this tale...Steve tripped due to excessive consumption of alcohol causing his death...case closed.

I mean...come on...everyone knows this is the second largest cause of death by foreigners in Thailand...right behind hotel and condo jumping...

So why is the tourist found dead after sex with a ladybug have to do with this story? Sounds like he was killed by his wife boyfriend then planted in the room and paid the ladybug to say he died while having sex with It. Murder plan and simple if the two stories are related. There ain't that much romping in the world where you would fall off a ladybug and hit your head.

Where does it say he had sex with the ladyboy?

Questioning Ms Supot, she told investigators she was originally fromBuriram province and had met the foreigner in Walking Street, a famous red light district. He was heavily intoxicated and both agreed to pay 3,000 baht for spending the night together. After agreeing to the terms, they made their way to the foreigner’s hotel.

While they were having sexual intercourse, Ms Supot suddenly heard a loud bang slamming coming from his head against the concrete wall. He lost consciousness and laid motionless on her body.

Thinking her customer had already finished, she moved him to roll over but he did not react. That was the moment when Ms Supot started to worry something might have happened to her customer.

When she eventually turned the body around, she made the shocking discovery the man had died with his eyes wide open. She immediately rushed downstairs and asked the receptionist to call an ambulance and police officers.

Police are currently investigation the sudden death and sent the body to local hospital to establish the exact cause of death.

http://www.farang-deaths.com/case/1144/

Did he hit his head against the wall? Swallow his tongue?

post-221427-14665112577706_thumb.jpg

I know some people love Thailand conspiracy stories, like his ex hiring some American to beat him up, and hire a ladyboy to plant him in a room.

But you must admit, it's hard to have an evening out on credit, drinking, hiring a room, hiring a lady.

Seeing as his wallet was found in his hotel room.

Now if he'd been coshed and abducted from his room, easy to see how they left his wallet behind in the fracas.

I'll get my tinfoil hat now.

Edited by MissAndry

"The one thing that should be known is this guy had some pretty nasty friends and business acquaintances and if the police do not solve it I expect that they will."

So he had businesses in Pattaya then?

The ex-wife was a bargirl,they all have connections to the BiB especially in Pattaya this looks like a classic cover-up to me!

Are you a complete nit or do you have trouble reading.

It is people like you that drive me craxy

He worked for a security firm. In case you do not know what a security firm in the middle east does it has nothing to do with ATM or standing in front of a subdivision.

These firms are made up of EX military that are trained in all manners of combat, interrogation and intelligence gathering. There is a military bond with these guys that is a brotherhood. If you mess with one then you usually end up hearing form his friends if it is not a fair fight.

This most definitely was not a fair fight.

These guys will if there are not enough good answers take matters into their own hands and no one will hear or know what happened.

These guys are good only the best military personell get invited to join.

You should really stop watching those Stallone movies

I know some people love Thailand conspiracy stories, like his ex hiring some American to beat him up, and hire a ladyboy to plant him in a room.

But you must admit, it's hard to have an evening out on credit, drinking, hiring a room, hiring a lady.

Now if he'd been coshed and abducted from his room, easy to see how they left his wallet behind in the fracas.

Not sure how long u been in or visiting thailand but......many people don't take wallets with them....so easy just to put cash in your board

or cargo shorts....i do myself-reason being i don't lose my cards that are inside my wallet...i can lose wallet thru neglect or being

pick-pocketed..........Why people are making a big deal of the wallet not being on his person?.....heaps of people don't take wallets out

with them......and don't quote the family either saying he never went out without wallet....they don't know his habits in thailand!

He was discovered with a ladyboy remember!!!!

Somebody catch me up. Where in these 7 pages did the big American enter the story?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fife-dad-fears-ex-soldier-8213339

"The resort’s manager, Mike Williams, told how he was knocked unconscious by a “large American” in a bar before he went missing."

That was in the night of may 14.

In the early hours of may 15 this happened to steve:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/515982/Tourist-Thai-ladyboy-Thailand-collapsed-sex-session-wild-romp

"She reports the foreigner died in the early hours of Sunday, May 15 after hitting his head on a wall during a wild romp with a ladyboy at a hotel in Pattaya."

As you see, his head has taken more then 1 hit that night...

Edited by freestyle

As the other thread is likely to be closed, I'll repeat my question.

Why couldn't the Thai police manage to match up missing person reports to dead bodies found?

There can't be that many white males found dead in Pattaya every night.

Person missing on 14 May, dead body found on 15 May. This isn't rocket science.

In Thailand it is...seriously!

How about finding and jailing who ever was involved,

He's apparently dead, after falling down drunk..

You want the guy, that caused his own death arrested?

In the morgue, the day he died...

He should have kept his passport with him, or a copy of it!!

Edited by D3030

Why couldn't the Thai police manage to match up missing person reports to dead bodies found?

There can't be that many white males found dead in Pattaya every night.

His head was probably severely bruised after the several hittings... (first knocked unconscious by american, and later he hit his head in the hotel)

That's why probably he wasn't matched soon with the missing person report.

And he didn't have his passport on him so...

Edited by freestyle

Just goes to show even good military training is not enough to keep you safe for a night out in Pattaya unless your SAS of course ..they seem to thrive

I once got threatened by a big American in Pattaya.

He had followed me into a side street of Walking street, and accused me of looking bad at him in Marine Disco.

He was ready to beat me, and he was BIG!

Honestly I never had seen this man before, so he must have been kinda paranoid.

Anyway, i am not a fighter, so i made up a story: i said that i have been depressed that night because my thai girlfriend had ditched me, and that's why my face probably look rather negatively.

As i was talking to him, acting depressed and all, his mood turned around, and he apologised for threatening me.

The following day i was walking in soi buakhao, and this motorbike stopped next to me asking "how are you, feeling better already?"

It was the Amercan guy! He was so friendly, and behaving all considerate with me...

So , as you can see, you don't need military training to survive in Pattaya.

You just need to loose your ego. I learned that from buddhism.

Edited by freestyle

Shame that adventure had to end so tragically. You see sex and violence sells newspapers, books, movies. This is why the huge interest in this story. The taboos of what you can and can't say also excite the curious.
Brit divorced Thai bar girl meets Thai ladyboy and dies mysteriously. This news sells newspapers. Maybe the person who hit him on the head was Rupert Murdock?
Just saying.
No ill intent ment. Rip

Edited by Sheryl
quote of a deleted post removed

Just goes to show even good military training is not enough to keep you safe for a night out in Pattaya unless your SAS of course ..they seem to thrive

He had followed me into a side street of Walking street, and accused me of looking bad at him in Marine Disco.

Anyway, i am not a fighter, so i made up a story: i said that i have been depressed that night because my thai girlfriend had ditched me, and that's why my face probably look rather negatively.

As i was talking to him, acting depressed and all, his mood turned around, and he apologised for threatening me.

The following day i was walking in soi buakhao, and this motorbike stopped next to me asking "how are you, feeling better already?"

It was the Amercan guy! He was so friendly, and behaving all considerate with me...

Some Americans don't fight women!!

Even men like you..

Not sure how long u been in or visiting thailand but......many people don't take wallets with them....so easy just to put cash in your board

or cargo shorts....i do myself-reason being i don't lose my cards that are inside my wallet...i can lose wallet thru neglect or being

pick-pocketed..........Why people are making a big deal of the wallet not being on his person?.....heaps of people don't take wallets out

with them......and don't quote the family either saying he never went out without wallet....they don't know his habits in thailand!

He was discovered with a ladyboy remember!!!!

Another farang apologist!!

Sucks, when there is not a Thai to blame, doesn't it..

Sad and an huge embarrassment for his family..

Where do you come up with me being farang apologist from my post....I'm saying he could quite easily had money in his pockes!

i'm not out to blame a thai in this(police...wife...).....i think the american bashing him has had a delayed affect on him....ie haemorrage!!

one thing's looking pretty certain.......steve was adventurous and quite possibly bi-sexual.....

Maybe he didn't know it was a ladyboy he was with.

He was naked when the police arrived. I assume that the lady-boy was also naked when the poor sod died and just dressed up as there was no need for her to stay naked. But what is all the fuzz about? So what if he knew that she was a he? What does it matter if the guy was bi-sexual? It's none of our bloody business! The guy lived his live as he wanted, and he had all the right in the world to do that!

And those of you who say that he probably didn't knew because we all made that mistake once: Nonsense! In the past 17 years that I visit Thailand and living here for the past 7.5 years I've never ever made that mistake. You have to be blind not to see if your date is a lady-boy, especially if you have lived here for some years like Steve. All you have to do when in doubt is ask, they will answer honestly. I'm sure he knew, good for him, hope he had a good one before he passed away..

Some Americans don't fight women!!

Even men like you..

It's that kind of thinking that gets "real" men into problems or even killed in Pattaya... acting tough and all...

Edited by freestyle

Somebody catch me up. Where in these 7 pages did the big American enter the story?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fife-dad-fears-ex-soldier-8213339

"The resorts manager, Mike Williams, told how he was knocked unconscious by a large American in a bar before he went missing."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/515982/Tourist-Thai-ladyboy-Thailand-collapsed-sex-session-wild-romp

"She reports the foreigner died in the early hours of Sunday, May 15 after hitting his head on a wall during a wild romp with a ladyboy at a hotel in Pattaya."

As you see, his head has taken more then 1 hit that night...

Sounds like his arse was taking a beating as well..

Posts with libelous content and posts with insensitive idle speculation have been removed. It does not reflect well on the members of this forum that these were so numerous.

None of us knows what happened, and this is not a "who dunnit" game for anyone's amusement. Show some respect for the deceased and some sensitivity to the family members who may be reading this.

Can you all please stop speculating, Steve was a friend of mine and a lot of other people in this town and a very nice, funny and quietly spoken guy he was. He doted on his daughter and loved her very very much. The attack in the bar happened well before his disappearance, by as much as maybe 6 months, I know the reasons why but will not divulge them to you lot, it was an horrific attack, and Steve did receive medical attention after, and CCTV footage was recovered.

As for the events of May 15, I have no idea, and I am not going to speculate on anything. As to why he wasn't reported missing sooner no one knows, certain people were out of town at that time who may have kept closer contact with him and hence an earlier Missing Persons report may have been filed.

All his friends here are devastated by this news as is his family and friends back in Scotland some of whom are here in town at the moment I believe, so please, I understand your interest in this story but can you please try and be respectful, he was a young man with his whole life ahead of him, his daughter has lost her dad, his parents have lost a son and he has a couple of brothers as well, so please, no sarcasm of pointless remarks out of respect for a good friend.

Thank you

Can you all please stop speculating, Steve was a friend of mine and a lot of other people in this town and a very nice, funny and quietly spoken guy he was. He doted on his daughter and loved her very very much. The attack in the bar happened well before his disappearance, by as much as maybe 6 months, I know the reasons why but will not divulge them to you lot, it was an horrific attack, and Steve did receive medical attention after, and CCTV footage was recovered.

As for the events of May 15, I have no idea, and I am not going to speculate on anything. As to why he wasn't reported missing sooner no one knows, certain people were out of town at that time who may have kept closer contact with him and hence an earlier Missing Persons report may have been filed.

All his friends here are devastated by this news as is his family and friends back in Scotland some of whom are here in town at the moment I believe, so please, I understand your interest in this story but can you please try and be respectful, he was a young man with his whole life ahead of him, his daughter has lost her dad, his parents have lost a son and he has a couple of brothers as well, so please, no sarcasm of pointless remarks out of respect for a good friend.

Thank you

Were charges laid in the attack on him?

""The resort’s manager, Mike Williams, told how he was knocked unconscious by a “large American” in a bar before he went missing."

http://www.dailystar...ssion-wild-romp

As you see, his head has taken more then 1 hit that night..."

Edit : Just read the friend's post about the timeline,honest mistake just trying to get to the bottom of the unfortunate demise of this poor guy that served his Queen and country,R.I.P.

Such a shame for the beautiful little Luk Kreung daughter (Half-Thai,half-Western for those that don't live in Thailand.) sad.png

Edited by MyFrenU