What Happened To Stick's Website?

papaya9

stick is currently in negotiations with thai authorities to keep the site open, and to run it legally. word around the camp fire is its going to cost him around half a million baht worth of jack daniels

Love Stick ... Hope he has that many Jack's to spare ... If not he can contact "Naka".

Naka.

they initialed wanted a million baht, but stick was able to get them down to around 500k baht. i dont know what kind of lawyer fees has run into along the way, but i would imagine they are getting expensive.

What is this money required for austallia ?

Naka.

stick is currently in negotiations with thai authorities to keep the site open, and to run it legally. word around the camp fire is its going to cost him around half a million baht worth of jack daniels

Fact or rumor ?

Why bother to make a deal with "them". Website can be located outside thailand.

nah, mate stick is my boy even though he is a kiwi. he gets tons of coupons from diff business who want him to write favorable reviews and he will let you hit em up if you are his boy like me :o

Does he tend to talk alot about sheeps?

Does he let sheeps sleep in his house?

Sticks site is hosted outside Thailand.. Australia in fact.

I think the problem revolves around the PI service he offers.

Interesting to see that "Galt" has now posted his real name on Mangosauce... probably not the smartest thing he could have done.

Interesting to see that "Galt" has now posted his real name on Mangosauce... probably not the smartest thing he could have done.

He only came out after he was outed. I think his time here in Thailand is limited.

He only came out after he was outed. I think his time here in Thailand is limited.

Galt real name is not what's posted on Mangosauce. All in known known its Tony Clinton who is a Kiwi. They went to school together and was in love with same girl name Hillary Blair.

Glad to help with the truth

the money stick is negotiating to pay the boys in brown is for a few different reasons from i hear:

he has been doing extensive PI services without a license

he takes advertising money from thailand based business, the website might be hosted in new zealand, but stick lives here and is required to pay his dues.

the boys in brown have been paid off by galt to seek retribution from stick, galt is likely going to get a portion of these bribes.

the money stick is negotiating to pay the boys in brown is for a few different reasons from i hear:

he takes advertising money from thailand based business, the website might be hosted in new zealand, but stick lives here and is required to pay his dues.

the boys in brown have been paid off by galt to seek retribution from stick, galt is likely going to get a portion of these bribes.

And how do you know this?

Did Hillary Blair tell you this and are you her brother?

I think you was that little funny kid in their class.

Also you known nothing about the payoff stop acting big.

Edited by HenryB

Where exactly did you get the information about Galts name being "Tony"?

There is a history that can be checked online about galt, and the name posted on mangosauce, seems he is working for a site offering sex tours within Thailand, even that site has his pic plastered all over it.

Stick himself has confirmed that he has been getting emails from him for years, afterwhich stick denied an invite from galt, and the offending website was created.

Where are you getting your info from?

Where exactly did you get the information about Galts name being "Tony"?

There is a history that can be checked online about galt, and the name posted on mangosauce, seems he is working for a site offering sex tours within Thailand, even that site has his pic plastered all over it.

Stick himself has confirmed that he has been getting emails from him for years, afterwhich stick denied an invite from galt, and the offending website was created.

Where are you getting your info from?

I got the information from the ****

Registrant:

John Galt

1 18/4 Beach Road

Chonburi, A Banglamong 20260

Thailand

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: NOTSTICKMANBANGKOK.COM

Created on: 16-Aug-06

Expires on: 16-Aug-07

Last Updated on: 22-Aug-06

Administrative Contact:

Galt, John [email protected]

1 18/4 Beach Road

Thailand

Technical Contact:

Galt, John [email protected]

1 18/4 Beach Road

Thailand

Domain servers in listed order:

NS4.DNSSERVER8.COM

NS5.DNSSERVER8.COM

Registry Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited

Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited

Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited

Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Surely, Stickman has now seen sense and has opted to keep his teaching job in return for agreeing to remove all "objectionable" content from his site. I cannot blame the guy. Why give up a good day job that is at the upper end of the English language teacher scale in favour of publishing a site that has probably peaked in terms of popularity and original content?

Galt was right in saying that Stickman was just repeating himself in his many articles and readers' submissions. How many years could he really keep publishing that stuff and increase his readership?? I respect Stickman's common sense in opting for his day job which also fits in with his new lifestyle with a middle-class Thai wife and increasingly wanting to mingle with middle-class Thais. a memorable article by him was on how he had come to avoid the company of "lower class" Thais. If he had chosen to keep publishing his site and rely on that income instead of his teaching income then he would be stuck with a certain "lower class" community and reporting the goings on in this part of society. It does not seem to be what he wants to do with his life at present so in a way maybe Galt has just hastened a process already under way where Stickman has become "respectable".

Stickman has probably kept his site going so as not to admit defeat - but fact is that all the major content (Stickman's weeklies and readers' submissions) are gone and probably won't come back.

Edited by Egon

Stickman

One may debate about the accuracy of website appraisal values on leapfish<dot>com but look at this:

post-21260-1163532577_thumb.jpg

(The value may be different on subsequent searches)

Anyone taking over – if Stick is really throwing the towel – get a few more advertising sponsors, write good stuff, and you have an income for life. Heck, don’t even sweat it out yourself: get a ghost writer and pay him decently.

---------------

Maestro