Complaints About Suvarnabhumi

1) You can't buy a Thai newspaper airside at the bookshop - they say it is against their rules and they have no contract ........and also presumably because there's no way they could justify doubling its price, like they do with everything else. (However, you can buy a photocopied UK newspaper there - since when has that been legal?).

2) Travellers with baggage trolleys can't use the elevators because they are full of Thai airport employees who I guess are too idle to use the escalators.

Cos I had 65 kilos of luggage, and I don't see why some gaggle of airport employees should take the elevator so that they can pay additional attention to the duty of extracting effluvia from their nostril with a stray digit.

i also had a problem using the elevators due to the thai employees using it but then i noticed the sign next to them saying "service lift" hence the need to use the walkways which are better and quicker, lesson learned on my part.

Still would be easier if you didnt have to go down a floor to get a taxi!

Funny, I had about the same amount and am a fairly small woman and had no difficulty using the escalators. I even had a wander about the airport pushing my trolley about, checking it out.

Personally, I found the cold temps in the airport more annoying than the escalators. :o

Funny, I had about the same amount and am a fairly small woman and had no difficulty using the escalators. I even had a wander about the airport pushing my trolley about, checking it out.

Yes, but i'm very delicate and have to be careful not to do myself a mischief.

Next time I have tonnes of bags to hump around i'll hire you as my bearer.

Yes, but i'm very delicate and have to be careful not to do myself a mischief.

Next time I have tonnes of bags to hump around i'll hire you as my bearer.

I'll be happy to oblige-- Only the cost of the return plane ticket from Samui to Bangkok :o

(

However, you can buy a photocopied UK newspaper there - since when has that been legal?).

for about 3 years now.

the franchise that prints them pays the newspaper $1 a copy to download and print and charges the reader about 180 baht

papers from around the world on the day of publication , its a good service and a good business.

(
However, you can buy a photocopied UK newspaper there - since when has that been legal?).

for about 3 years now.

the franchise that prints them pays the newspaper $1 a copy to download and print and charges the reader about 180 baht

papers from around the world on the day of publication , its a good service and a good business.

And a perfectly legal business to boot, but don't let that get in the way of a good whinge.

:o