Non-Immigrant O Visa based on marriage from US embassy/consulate

I am in the process of marrying my Thai girlfriend and will be returning to the US in 2 weeks to apply for a Non-O visa based on marriage. We will be registering the marriage next week, and I am not sure I will have time to have the documents translated to english and notarized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before I leave.

The US Thai Embassy website seems to indicate that I need documents translated to english and notarized by an *embassy*???

http://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-visa-category-o/

***All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations and certified by an embassy only ***

Has anyone received a Non-O based on marriage from an American consulate/embassy without the English translation of the marriage documents? Are they referring to certification by the US embassy or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? I wasn't planning on registering the marriage in the US at this point.

I sent them an email asking for clarification but am not optimistic I will receive a response. My fallback plan is to just get a tourist visa in the US and then apply for the Non-O in Laos when I get back to Thailand.

tia

If you apply for the visa at the embassy or one of the 3 official consulates they will accept documents in Thai. No need to have your marriage certificate or your wife's house book or ID card to be translated.

If were to apply at one of the honorary consulates they might want a translation of your marriage certificate since they do not have Thai staff but it would not have to be certified.

• Like 1

If you apply for the visa at the embassy or one of the 3 official consulates they will accept documents in Thai. No need to have your marriage certificate or your wife's house book or ID card to be translated.

If were to apply at one of the honorary consulates they might want a translation of your marriage certificate since they do not have Thai staff but it would not have to be certified.

For the past seven years, the Portland Honorary Consulate has not need any documents translated to English either.

• Like 1