Which Banks give International Debit Card?

they all work overseas ime

but you need to call the call centre to tell them to unrestrict it

i think they are blocked overseas by default until you enable it

my bkkk bank and kasikorn cards worked in uk ,ireland ,finland and holland without any issues

they all work overseas ime

but you need to call the call centre to tell them to unrestrict it

i think they are blocked overseas by default until you enable it

my bkkk bank and kasikorn cards worked in uk ,ireland ,finland and holland without any issues

And then they are still restricted, I can't fund my foreign trading account for example.

Banking in Thailand sucks, better hold on a/some foreign account as well.

My Bangkok Bank Be1st chip card works overseas, although it can be a problem in countries that have replaced signatures with PIN codes (e.g. Australia and the UK). Many merchants in those countries just won't accept a signature anymore. AFAIK, none of the local banks have implemented PINs as a replacement for signatures in retail transactions. It does make me wonder what they are waiting for - Thai retailers rarely check signatures against what's on the back of the card and I would have though PINs would reduce fraud losses dramatically.

Any Visa debit card from Thai will work in another country. I have a TMB, KBank, Krungsi, SCB and BB cards and they all work in other countries (NZ, Japan, South Korea, HK, KL, Singapore, Vietnam etc.). The only problem I had on our trip last month was with a chipped credit card in certain stores. In those stores they had to swipe the card and enter a supervisor code. I have no experience of the new Thai chipped bank/debit cards that's now being issued.

My Bangkok Bank Be1st chip card works overseas, although it can be a problem in countries that have replaced signatures with PIN codes (e.g. Australia and the UK). Many merchants in those countries just won't accept a signature anymore. AFAIK, none of the local banks have implemented PINs as a replacement for signatures in retail transactions. It does make me wonder what they are waiting for - Thai retailers rarely check signatures against what's on the back of the card and I would have though PINs would reduce fraud losses dramatically.

I just the other day complained to Bangkok Bank that I wanted to use a PIN code and not signature for retail transactions. All they did was smile, apologized and said its not available in Thailand.

I had a HSBC debit card from Malaysia with 6 pin code. It worked in Thailand but not in Canada. I have had BBL, SCB and KK bank debit cards with 4 pin code and all worked in the region and in Canada.

A friend of mine asked Bkk Bank for a Debit Card to use in Canada. They gave him one with Chip an the garantie that he will not have any problems. Now he is in Canada with the Card and can not get money anywhere. He called the Hotline of Bkk Bank in Bangkok and the told him, that Bkk Bank has no Cards for use overseas!

My K-bank card has worked in Angola, Brazil, USA, Singapore, Vietnam, Laos, UK, Hong Kong, PRC, and plenty of other places I have forgotten..

Kurt

Agree - you think oh will my KBank card work - yes - all over SE Asia - and used it in Kenya and Tanzania

Seems very good .

I had a HSBC debit card from Malaysia with 6 pin code. It worked in Thailand but not in Canada. I have had BBL, SCB and KK bank debit cards with 4 pin code and all worked in the region and in Canada.

HSBC is the best Worlds bank I have found internationally, & have just upgraded there, security chips, & banking security devices for its international banking.

A friend of mine asked Bkk Bank for a Debit Card to use in Canada. They gave him one with Chip an the garantie that he will not have any problems. Now he is in Canada with the Card and can not get money anywhere. He called the Hotline of Bkk Bank in Bangkok and the told him, that Bkk Bank has no Cards for use overseas!

I use my be 1st card all over the world and I works, but you must tell them before you go to enable international use.....

By default, it only works in thai, probably because most Thais are unlikely to need to use it abroad

I use my be 1st card all over the world and I works, but you must tell them before you go to enable international use.....

By default, it only works in thai, probably because most Thais are unlikely to need to use it abroad

The problem may be, he went to the small branch here in Isaan. The only spoken languages are Thai, Lao, Korat Slang and a little bit Khmer. He had to give back his Card with the magnetic stripe and gave him one with Chip and the guarantie, that it will work in Canada.

The problem may be, he went to the small branch here in Isaan. The only spoken languages are Thai, Lao, Korat Slang and a little bit Khmer. He had to give back his Card with the magnetic stripe and gave him one with Chip and the guarantie, that it will work in Canada.

Would it have been better if they spoke English - or he Thai, the language of the country he lives in? I mean: What do languages have to do with whether the card works?

Kasikorn debit card works everywhere in the world. Can also be used online to order goods.

It doesn't work for Booking flights in the UK...

They have something called "3D secure" which Kasikorn visa doesn't work with...

I have booked flights with it , not to the UK but Scandinavia and the US. You need to connect a VISA number to it , they will assist you with this in the branch.

It's another number than what is printed on the card.

Then you can order anything online and book flights with it if you wish .