We are free

^That's harsh, us oldies won't have to live with the result for very long, my children and grandchildren will have to face the consequences of this terrible result. Once it sinks in you WILL regret supporting leave, I am sure of it.

You like being ruled by foreigners? facepalm.gif

When was this the case?

Hopefully the Scotts will stick a spanner in the works and get this suicidal process stopped

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That's harsh, us oldies won't have to live with the result for very long, my children and grandchildren will have to face the consequences of this terrible result. Once it sinks in you WILL regret supporting leave, I am sure of it.

Why not, if London is ruled by a government of MPs who mostly come from elsewhere, it all depends on just where you draw the line & say, those inside are 'us' and the rest are 'foreigners'.

Personally I favour Free Rule for the Isle-of-Thanet ! rolleyes.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Thanet

When was this the case?

Hopefully the Scotts will stick a spanner in the works and get this suicidal process stopped

Oh dear not a big fan of democrasy then, I just can't walk around Pattaya these days for all the teddy bears that has been thrown out of the prams.

When was this the case?

Never going to happen ,keep on dreaming .

Pandering to UKIP and the Tory right-wing was a huge miscalculation. However, the future of the country, the future of Europe and the future for young people is too important to leave to the ill-informed and selfish "majority". It will never happen.

Well off to N Korea ,you will love it there , the ill informed "majority" never get to be selfish there

Pandering to UKIP and the Tory right-wing was a huge miscalculation. However, the future of the country, the future of Europe and the future for young people is too important to leave to the ill-informed and selfish "majority". It will never happen.

Well off to N Korea ,you will love it there , the ill informed "majority" never get to be selfish there

But it's not in Europe.

Edit: And to be less flippant, I want the best for my country and even though the "majority" is currently against what I think is good for them, the ramifications of Brexit will soon become clear and the "majority" will change.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

To all the young people who said that us oldies stole their future by voting out ,well we voted in ,in the first place,now we have changed our minds,live with it

A curious response, since you yourself don't live with it.

You seem still to suffer from that xenophobia.

Well the baht has already dropped substantialy , so that's the only thing that concerns me. So if you need to withdraw funds to transfer here to live on, your standard of living is going to fall especially in the short term.

I can see many ex-pats having to return to the UK as they won't be able to afford to live here any longer.

Have patience , the pound will rise . Now we have a PANIC situation. wich will sort itself out shortly. Angiolo

But it's not in Europe.

Edit: And to be less flippant, I want the best for my country and even though the "majority" is currently against what I think is good for them, the ramifications of Brexit will soon become clear and the "majority" will change.

Maybe Brussels will be allowing North Korea to join the EU next... nothing would surprise me anymore.. the world has gone crazy. Just need Trump to be president of America next.....

Too much of the kool aide that a poster refered to earlier. Smart enough to elect a government but:blink: not smart enough to.........forget it Edited by maprao

You seem still to suffer from that xenophobia.

One World, eh?

Why can't we all just get along? laugh.png

Too much of the kool aide that a poster refered to earlier. Smart enough to elect a government but:blink: not smart enough to.........forget it

The elected government did not vote to Brexit, in fact the majority of elected MPs are for Remain.

The country is likely to have a chance to elect Brexit or Remain MPs at a new election in the autumn. If the majority are Remain, don't expect Article 50 to be invoked any time soon.

The country is likely to have a chance to elect Brexit or Remain MPs at a new election in the autumn. If the majority are Remain, don't expect Article 50 to be invoked any time soon.

I hoped for the UK to remain a member of the EU. Mind you, just the idea that the MPs might disregard the people´s vote in the referendum makes me throw up. It would be exactly why so many people are fed up with the so-called political elite. I am also gutted that the PM has not yet pulled the trigger and invoked article 50....

I hoped for the UK to remain a member of the EU. Mind you, just the idea that the MPs might disregard the people´s vote in the referendum makes me throw up. It would be exactly why so many people are fed up with the so-called political elite. I am also gutted that the PM has not yet pulled the trigger and invoked article 50....

I don't disagree, but sometimes the greater good (for the country and future generations) needs to prevail.

I don't disagree, but sometimes the greater good (for the country and future generations) needs to prevail.

The politicians are elected to serve. Not to tell us they know best.

Ha ha, he's great, never done a real job in their lives is mostly true. That whole 'Parliament' is a farce it has no real power at all, just a talking shop and rubber stamp device. it's a con.

Farage, public school commodities trader accuses others of never having done a real job.

cheesy.gif

It's the peasants revolt 2, lets just hope we don't get betrayed and screwed by the elite like the first time sad.png

You know exactly who is going to screw who.

What you haven't worked out is, withdrawing from the EU is all part of the planned screw over.

The turkeys have voted for Christmas.

It's the peasants revolt 2, lets just hope we don't get betrayed and screwed by the elite like the first time sad.png

What you haven't worked out is, withdrawing from the EU is all part of the planned screw over.

Have another look at this video from back in 2013 and get back to us? whistling.gif

European Union Conspiracy - Britain on the Brink

Ha ha, he's great, never done a real job in their lives is mostly true. That whole 'Parliament' is a farce it has no real power at all, just a talking shop and rubber stamp device. it's a con.

Farage, public school commodities trader accuses others of never having done a real job.

cheesy.gif

....and your point is?

So out of all the video you pick up on that, I think you might find he was taking the p!55

Because the "remainers" are so much more intelligent than us leavers and know so much more than us ,dont you ? we the majority are just plebs that havnt a clue .wai.gif

The politicians are elected to serve. Not to tell us they know best.

That's not how democracy in the UK works. UK politicians make decisions according to their own or their party's beliefs. You're free to vote them out, as you are free to vote out your MEP.

Because the "remainers" are so much more intelligent than us leavers and know so much more than us ,dont you ? we the majority are just plebs that havnt a clue .wai.gif

One of the few posts of yours with which I agree.

Many of the more intelligent Brexiters are realising and admitting their mistake.

Well the baht has already dropped substantialy , so that's the only thing that concerns me. So if you need to withdraw funds to transfer here to live on, your standard of living is going to fall especially in the short term.

I can see many ex-pats having to return to the UK as they won't be able to afford to live here any longer.

No, the baht has risen. The move hasn't really been that violent. 4%, I think.

The baht and other currencies will bounce back as its just a knee jerk reaction but the pound will probably continue to dive in the coming months
Well it's a week now and the baht is around 47, compared with over 52....that's not bouncing back. I need to transfer enough money for my visa in 3 months time, I am staring at a massive loss on 1 million baht.

Thanks for that Brexit supporters, I am really grateful !!!, and it won't just be me that suffers many others in the same position at this time of year will too

Edited by ThaiPauly

Well it's a week now and the baht is around 47, compared with over 52....that's not bouncing back. I need to transfer enough money for my visa in 3 months time, I am staring at a massive loss on 1 million baht.

Thanks for that Brexit supporters, I am really grateful !!!, and it won't just be me that suffers many others in the same position at this time of year will too

The pound has been varying between 50 and 52 for a while now.

It could have easily been at 50 when you changed your money without Brexit.

So lets say it doesn't recover in the next 3 months and Brexit cost you 2.5bht/gbp, if you need 800k, it's lost you 800gbp ......

Where did you get the 1 Million Baht loss from?

Sensible people watch the market and transfer when the rate is good, foolish people wait till the last minute and take what they can get.

I transferred all the money I need for a year at the start of May at 51.5, I thought it won't get better than this!

Edited by MissAndry