We are free

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for the Brit Pensioners living here on a "fixed" pension and struggling already. Pound is at 30 year low, thats gonna hurt

I hope the ones who have a dependancy on alcohol, can stay in one night, big money to save.

Pound is at a 30 year low against the USD.

Pound is at a 3 year low against the Thai Baht (lows of 47.6 in 2011, 43.5 in 2013, 47.6 in 2015).

As we aren't in the USA, it's position against the USD is irrelevant to UK pensioners.

Edited by MissAndry

The pound has been varying between 50 and 52 for a while now.

It could have easily been at 50 when you changed your money without Brexit.

So lets say it doesn't recover in the next 3 months and Brexit cost you 2.5bht/gbp, if you need 800k, it's lost you 800gbp ......

Where did you get the 1 Million Baht loss from?

Sensible people watch the market and transfer when the rate is good, foolish people wait till the last minute and take what they can get.

I transferred all the money I need for a year at the start of May at 51.5, I thought it won't get better than this!

not everybody is a moneyed lady like you. i live from pocket money allocation to pocket money allocation and if my wife is angry because (according to her) i did not behave then i suffer. sad.png

With BoJo bowing out of the race for becoming PM, what does it make him? A coward? But then again, he never believed in Brexit being the right thing to happen, so he might just want to avoid becoming the PM who triggered Article 50. Hmmmm

Well the baht has already dropped substantialy , so that's the only thing that concerns me. So if you need to withdraw funds to transfer here to live on, your standard of living is going to fall especially in the short term.

I can see many ex-pats having to return to the UK as they won't be able to afford to live here any longer.

And do you think those expats going home will be able to afford to live back home?.

Go back as a immigrant , no problem .

Expat , tuff .

Many of the more intelligent Brexiters are realising and admitting their mistake.{quote}

So , the intelligent Brexiters ,are realising they are stupid .

same same , stupid Brexit voters . class distinction , comes to mind .coffee1.gif