We are free

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the baht has already dropped substantialy , so that's the only thing that concerns me. So if you need to withdraw funds to transfer here to live on, your standard of living is going to fall especially in the short term.

I can see many ex-pats having to return to the UK as they won't be able to afford to live here any longer.

Hopefully it will give power back to our own government without the hindrance from Brussels. Hopefully more jobs will be created by having companies returning to England. The pound will take a beating at the beginning but I am sure that it will do a turn around in a few years and will be just as strong if not stronger than it has been in the last 10 years

Well the baht has already dropped substantialy , so that's the only thing that concerns me. So if you need to withdraw funds to transfer here to live on, your standard of living is going to fall especially in the short term.

I can see many ex-pats having to return to the UK as they won't be able to afford to live here any longer.

And do you think those expats going home will be able to afford to live back home?.

Hopefully it will give power back to our own government without the hindrance from Brussels. Hopefully more jobs will be created by having companies returning to England. The pound will take a beating at the beginning but I am sure that it will do a turn around in a few years and will be just as strong if not stronger than it has been in the last 10 years

Singapore markets say it's a slight panic and should reverse a bit soon.

Have to wait and see.

After the champagne parties the Brexiters and unfortunately the whole nation will wake up with a hangover that will be worse than anything they´ve experienced in their lives. Just imho as only time will tell but I strongly believe the current generations will be certainly worse off.... But I hope I will be proven wrong ... fingers crossed.

And do you think those expats going home will be able to afford to live back home?.

Well if they can't afford to live here with a 10% reduction in their pensions and savings, many of them will not have much choice unfortunatley Nev. Let's just hope that the massive drop in the baht is short lived

Well if they can't afford to live here with a 10% reduction in their pensions and savings, many of them will not have much choice unfortunatley Nev. Let's just hope that the massive drop in the baht is short lived
I hope so too, the Aussie dollar has dropped too, I cannot understand why, maybe just panic and it will climb back soon.

Any Brit that doesn't have 500,000bht in his Thai bank account shouldn't be living here.

Too many raggedy foreigners trying to eak out a meagre existence in Thailand.

No, the baht has risen. The move hasn't really been that violent. 4%, I think.

Any Brit that doesn't have 500,000bht in his Thai bank account shouldn't be living here.

Too many raggedy foreigners trying to eak out a meagre existence in Thailand.

If you do have a load of baht, and have to return home, it'll be worth more now. If this was a 1960's Bond movie he wouldn't be slapping a suitcase full of Swiss Francs on the table, it would be a rucksack full of Thai baht.

No, the baht has risen. The move hasn't really been that violent. 4%, I think.

The baht and other currencies will bounce back as its just a knee jerk reaction but the pound will probably continue to dive in the coming months

Cameron resigns, his lies have caught up with him

If "the lies" let to his resignation, wait for a deluge of prominent Brexiters to throw in the towels in a few years when their lies about being so much better of will catch up with THEM! :-)))

A lot will depend on when you get your next payment.

Yes it has dropped a lot today but what will it be like in a a week or two?

IMHO, nobody has any real idea because it has never happened before.

Equally what will be the exchange rate of the Euro today and in a week or two weeks time?

To quote a character in an old UK TV series

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

Hung by his own petard.

He should never have called for a referendum.

The country is now in chaos

Referendum was part of the election manifesto he had no choice, country is not in 'chaos' rather more jubilant. If Cameron had even partly kept his promise to keep mass immigration in check he would have won, all his own fault.

One thing is for sure: today´s vote will change the EU forever, probably destroying it for good....

So more good news

Only someone with a huge degree of arrogance can say that but enjoy your perceived "victory", enjoy the party as long as it lasts.....

One thing is for sure: today´s vote will change the EU forever, probably destroying it for good....

So more good news

Only someone with a huge degree of arrogance can say that but enjoy your perceived "victory", enjoy the party as long as it lasts.....

Wow.

The referendum is over but the personal insults never seem to stop.

The Bremainders lost, the Brexits won.

Accept the result and live with it.

Pound will be as strong as in the last 10 years?

As far as I'm aware the last 10 years it has continuously lost value.