Now that Britain has voted to leave the EU, what comes next?

webfact

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai politicians take note. This is real democracy working. Democracy is not something where you grab power, then insist that it's a democracy because your grab was motivated by wanting to protect democracy.

Real democrats listen to all the people and resign when the majority do not support you.

It's the wrong decisions today (my opinion) but I'm particularly proud today of the country that is my origin and where I lived 95% of my life. Wish I could say the same of the country I now call home.

- GB rejected Europe, now Europe will reject GB.
- Reconciliation GB / USA and Canada.
- Reconciliation EU / Russia and China.
- EU forced to question to avoid contagion.
- Book Columbia will lose sustainably..
But finally everyone will find its rightful place with Europe far away from US tutelage and GB vassal US definitive biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png .

I wonder if Brexit will speed up the UK-Canada-Australia-New Zealand deal where citizens can move, work and live freely within these four countries?

Edited by steve654

Most Brits in Thailand aren't posting online now. They've run to sell their pounds before they lose 20%.

Yes, it will be a little more difficult for UK pensioners to get by in Thailand with a bit of a haircut. Expect more winging about the low level of the pound.

UK in some ways acted as a proxy for North America in regards to trading relationships with Europe... and London as a financial hub will likely be lessened.... which means less of a demand for GBP... and a lower exchange rate for the foreseeable future....

good move from Brits.

Europe is just full of hypocrites.

More countries in EU will follow this case.

from now on EU has no future.

never forget though, It is first rats to abandon a sinking ship:)

Poor Retire Brits and EU Expats they just lost 20 per cent of their pension if their countries do not go Bankrupted

The USA looks better and better Even little Israel is more solid

The media and the polls had lied all the way to influence the voters but it missed ! The EU is far more than trade and the economy, it is a communist organization that is desperate for Britain to stay in so that Britain can support the economies of the poorer countries of the EU, the British saved their money for use in their country without Brussels telling them what to do, and how to follow Greece into further national debt and possible bankruptcy.

The end of the (outrageous) British rebate.

Maggie can still show off his sweatshirt Europhile in 1975: it cost us 1.4 billion per year for over thirty years! We want our money back!

"I want my money back," I want people to make my money: the famous words of Margaret Thatcher summed up tersely European vision of Britain, led by financial and commercial interests to the detriment of any collective solidarity . For 5 years, until the 1984 agreement, the Lady of iron battle to get a discount in the budget of the Union, which would compensate its contribution to the Common Agricultural Policy, which it sees little.

These are other countries that fund each year discount, and especially France, which accounts for a quarter of the amount, or 1.4 billion euros in 2014. And while Britain is now richer the Hexagon, which was not the case in 1984. An EU output will relieve the French taxpayer ... Let us make our money!

The immediate corollary of Brexit will be the end of the free movement of goods with the EU and the introduction of new customs agreements. Such an overhaul would benefit the EU, main economic outlet for Britain.

And the sprinkler will regain watered, since the British Eurosceptics who refuse to pay for Europe will necessarily be subject to a heavier tax. Just like the rules they absolutely refuse: if we take for example the agreements with Switzerland and Norway, the free movement of people could be a condition for a comprehensive customs agreement, which would be a shame for a Great Britain barricaded far in his island.

Conditions could be even tougher than Europe might want to make an example discouraging other countries from.

The agreement reached on last February 20 opens the door to a Europe at choice.

A complex situation, which would coexist very different interests and could complicate a European game that can be safely described as ultra confusing.

With Brexit is loud and clear: EU, we love it or leaves.

The immediate corollary of Brexit will be the end of the free movement of goods with the EU and the introduction of new customs agreements. Such an overhaul would benefit the EU, main economic outlet for Britain.
And the sprinkler will regain watered, since the British Eurosceptics who refuse to pay for Europe will necessarily be subject to a heavier tax. Just like the rules they absolutely refuse: if we take for example the agreements with Switzerland and Norway, the free movement of people could be a condition for a comprehensive customs agreement, which would be a shame for a Great Britain barricaded far in his island.
Conditions could be even tougher than Europe might want to make an example discouraging other countries from.

Great Brittan survived and triumphed over the most horrible siege of modern history by Nazi Germany, why it wont survive a mere trade treaty ??, 8 years ago when I warned people about the danger of Romania and Bulgaria joining the EU, no body cared about the consequences, 7 years later 90% of crimes are committed by nationals of these countries, check the stats of the Swiss federal police online as it s the only police force that publishes the crime rates according to nationalities.

now think about what would happen to Britain if Turkey joined and at least 10 million Turks plus 5 million additional refugees ruining the whole continent, I am willing to lose as much as 30% of my personal income if that means saving my own culture, my grand parents survived the war with only bread, olives and butter who cares about corporate elites getting richer at the expense of the safety and life style of the working classes.

Edited by marcofunny

Any country that is overrun with militant islamic ghettos will probably be looking at this and going…hmmm…that's one way to stop these people from going pretty much where they want and preaching their terror.

I am expecting rumblings to start in france fairly soon.

Edited by JHolmesJr

A poll in the French newspaper Le Figaro asking "Are you pleased with the Brexit vote result?" has a 64% "Yes" response.

.... and, immediately ....

"As I have been asking for several years, it is now necessary to hold the same referendum in France and other countries of the EU," said Marine Le Pen, the president of the French political party Front National "From Brexit to Frexit."
Edited by RickBradford

This is probably one of the most pleasurable effects of Brexit: many banks are now considering relocating teams to Paris, Dublin or Frankfurt. For the City generates more than 40% of its transactions with the European Union, denominated in euros ....

The investment bank HSBC, which has 5,000 officers in the British capital want now transfer 1000 in Paris. Just as the US Goldman Sachs and many others. 250 foreign banks are located within the City, benefiting both the British regime but also the European legal framework avoiding them to apply for their savings, for example, authorization in each EU country.

Without this comfortable, why stay in London?

Domino effect ... this maybe the beginning of the end of the EU, mostly because the coffers will be short given UK's enormous contribution it has to make to Brussels. Furthermore, I suspect other EU members maybe calling for their own referendum on this issue.

Inevitable and now we get the English Donald Trump.

That Brit guy Boris Johnson does look like him. Any blood connection?

Cj4n14gWUAAnkJn.jpg

No blood connection definitely.

Bc Boris is a Turk. Grand grand son of a Turkish vizier called Ali Kemal:))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Kemal

So vote for Brexit for strengthening sovereignty and let a Turk run UK?

Sounds funny to me:)

Uk will suffer a great deal economically. Less money less pensions. London will be a ghost city slowly with main income through tourism from s...h...I...t..t...y chinese tourists:)

but freedom is priceless so I respect the decision of people there. Congrats UK.

Edited by Galactus

The time when Boris Johnson courted shamelessly French entrepreneurs selling their ideal conditions for growth are over. Economic paradise, Britain will become a shopping hell and formidable customs trap.

Beyond the economic benefits, the Europeans will can finally laugh at the British isolation and its calculation woeful. No more endless negotiations, the extension to checks, the finger humanistic values, financial cynicism.

And the European train may be able to finally leave, a step lighter.

That is why I thank the British for their courageous decision. smile.png

Condolences to Britain. IDIOTIC move. Enjoy! facepalm.gif

I look forward to the time when Canada and Mexico seek to impose their unelected and unaccountable representatives on the U.S., making irrevocable changes to the law and the rest of the world encouraging the U.S. to accept it without question.

Then maybe you'll know how the Brits feel

Edited by BaldPlumber

This is probably one of the most pleasurable effects of Brexit: many banks are now considering relocating teams to Paris, Dublin or Frankfurt. For the City generates more than 40% of its transactions with the European Union, denominated in euros ....

The investment bank HSBC, which has 5,000 officers in the British capital want now transfer 1000 in Paris. Just as the US Goldman Sachs and many others. 250 foreign banks are located within the City, benefiting both the British regime but also the European legal framework avoiding them to apply for their savings, for example, authorization in each EU country.

Without this comfortable, why stay in London?

The relocated will stay...until the crash of the Euro...

Please print out more of this currency!

I heard that there are reports of Syrian fleeing to Scotland, to join Brave Heart. They don't know it is a movie based on Superman and Batman. Once there they will

know that it is better to go back to England and beg on the streets of London and make 200 pounds/day. I heard that the EU football players are leaving the Premier

League for China. This means that Man United and Chelsea will have to get all their players from Wales :( Sad for them.

SCameron just announced that he will step down as Prime Minister by October.

In fact you are right - it was Sam Cameron who announced her husbands resignation - by stepping forward with him to the podium as he was about to make his speech!

Pound parity with the dollar? coffee1.gif

I suppose it will be middle class Spaniards now retiring on the British "sun" coast to enjoy the cheaper cost of living ... and not bothering to learn to speak English.

Edited by Jingthing

Boris Johnson for PM and Blair to be arrested as a tratoir should be the next

And what about Dodgy Dave ?

He just went, reading Johnson's the dream of Rome today. In it he seems all for the EU and argues extensively for Turkey to join, changed his mind a lot over 9 years, I wonder why whistling.gif

Great Brittan survived and triumphed over the most horrible siege of modern history by Nazi Germany, why it wont survive a mere trade treaty ??, 8 years ago when I warned people about the danger of Romania and Bulgaria joining the EU, no body cared about the consequences, 7 years later 90% of crimes are committed by nationals of these countries, check the stats of the Swiss federal police online as it s the only police force that publishes the crime rates according to nationalities.

now think about what would happen to Britain if Turkey joined and at least 10 million Turks plus 5 million additional refugees ruining the whole continent, I am willing to lose as much as 30% of my personal income if that means saving my own culture, my grand parents survived the war with only bread, olives and butter who cares about corporate elites getting richer at the expense of the safety and life style of the working classes.

"I am willing to lose as much as 30% of my personal income "

At last - a Brexit supporter who recognises the significant cost of leaving. I'm on the other (losing) side, but respect!

laugh.png