Merkel and Hollande ‘deeply regret’ Britain’s vote to leave the EU

rooster59

Merkel and Hollande ‘deeply regret’ Britain’s vote to leave the EU

post-247607-0-80171700-1466809867_thumb.

The German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said she deeply regrets the British vote to leave the EU.

But she says Europe needs to remain “calm and composed” in the wake of the UK’s exit.

“Today is a blow for Europe. It is a blow for the process of European unification. What the consequences of this blow will be in the next days, weeks, months and years, is entirely dependent on whether we, the other 27 members of the European Union, will show ourselves willing and able not to jump to conclusions in this situation, and not to draw instant and simple conclusions from the referendum in Great Britain, which would only divide Europe further,” the Chancellor said.

Merkel has invited senior European leaders to Berlin for talks on Monday: the European Council President Donald Tusk, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi of Italy, and Francois Hollande of France.

The French president said he deeply regretted Britain’s choice.

“Today history is knocking at our door. What is at stake, is the dilution of Europe which closes in on itself. Or the reaffirmation of its existence at the cost of profound change. I will do all I can to ensure it’s profound change rather than withdrawal. And France has a particular responsibility because she’s at the heart of Europe, because she built Europe and because she is the country which can lead others and which guarantees the future of our continent.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-25

The UK people have made a choice and told the EU that it stops now. The leaders of the main EU countries will have a big battle from their own countries not to leave also. the super state is effectively over in my opinion and the EU needs to readjust and change their whole manifesto of complete integration and monetary control. I have to say I am not sad but ecstatic. Bye Bye and good riddance.

You guys caused it, I'm afraid. And you have deep regret because you will have to pick up the massive cost the Brits were paying the club - tens of billions. Ordinary people are sick to death of it all. Oddly enough, despite them seemingly the most pro-EU of all Europe's nations, according to recent polls many French and Germans want out too, with the French wanting it more than the Brits!

A good idea, poorly thought out, rushing for European integration on a political level before people had a chance to adapt, undemicratic in formation and controlled by Germany with France the teachers pet. The populations of countries lied to to fet them to join the club. Is it any wonder people all across Europe are rebelling?

Sadly it is a good idea but its implementation is biased and undemocratic, its rush for political union does not have the consent of people whi have never voted in favour of the constitution which has been deceitfully foisted on them.

You mught think the French woukd be highly aware of the foundational problems after their revolution but sadly their leaders are too stupid.

Hollande is a prat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And France has a particular responsibility because she’s at the heart of Europe, because she built Europe and because she is the country which can lead others and which guarantees the future of our continent.

Ah, Monsieur Le President, the heart is usually located at the left side of the body, and France is more to the right side of Europe; France didn't build Europe - Napoleon did and that was not a good thing; and finally France is the country which can show others how to go on strike which will guarantee the future of the continent. Bon jour.

Edited by klauskunkel

It was mainly Mekels fault for letting all the undesirables into Europe in the First place,

and then into the UK. The people of the UK have now shown that enough is enough.

If the EU had let England to run the country themselves and not telling what it can and cannot

do, then there might have been a different outcome, but no they wanted to control everything.

I think this is just the very tip of the Iceberg, more countries will follow to get out .

End of a nightmare !!!!!!!!!!

young citizens of Uk have no understanding for the old distorted memory of history,

They see that they have been cheated by the geriatrics who can stay relaxed before they die.

The Brexiteers kills their future..

Read the "Sun" you have an enlightened but still black brain.

Read " The Guardian" ? I can, and understand.

If they are disappointed, then it was clearly the right move to make.

Yep, because next year she can't tell UK they must accept 300,000 refugees from Germany

Oh yes she can, probably even also the year after that.

young citizens of Uk have no understanding for the old distorted memory of history,

They see that they have been cheated by the geriatrics who can stay relaxed before they die.

The Brexiteers kills their future..

Read the "Sun" you have an enlightened but still black brain.

Read " The Guardian" ? I can, and understand.

And it's more than slightly ironic that the generation voting to leave now had led the charge into the common market 50 years ago ( albeit without the Brussels juggernaut attached to it in those days).

It was mainly Mekels fault for letting all the undesirables into Europe in the First place,

and then into the UK. The people of the UK have now shown that enough is enough.

If the EU had let England to run the country themselves and not telling what it can and cannot

do, then there might have been a different outcome, but no they wanted to control everything.

I think this is just the very tip of the Iceberg, more countries will follow to get out .

And Wales!

Undesirables? Hmm that sounds a bit rich to be honest but you are right on the ball. Merkel and her finance minuster are in bed with Junkers in a disgusting menage a trois and want to control everyone. Let them enjoy their repartee but they may be a little worried when they wake up as they have brought no protection.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After seeing the reactions from these two and also the EU president I would not be surprised if within the two years they come back with a deal fir the UK with immigration. I would also not be surprised if the markets were manipulated, so interest rates were raised, so millions of home owners that are on the bread line and can barely afford the mortgages, were then thrown into major doubt and the Knight in shining armour, the EU came and fixed it. I might be cynical on this but the way Merkel and Hollande have been speaking, I just get the impression that they are not happy to let the UK go on its own. I do hope I am very wrong.